DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Kitchen Nightmares--2 Hour Season Premiere--"Revisited: Gordon Returns"--9/4/08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/539002-kitchen-nightmares-2-hour-season-premiere-revisited-gordon-returns-9-4-08-a.html)

DJariya 09-04-08 12:04 PM

Kitchen Nightmares--2 Hour Season Premiere--"Revisited: Gordon Returns"--9/4/08

Gordon's back!!

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

In the second-season opener, Chef Ramsay returns to some restaurants he helped last season and evaluates their progress. Spots visited include Finn McCool's in Westhampton Beach, N.Y., where the owner faced a debt crisis; Peter's in Babylon, N.Y., where the manager and co-owner had temper issues; and the Mixing Bowl Eatery in Bellmore, N.Y., where the management needed to cut back on the customer discounts they offered.

starseed1981 09-04-08 02:26 PM

Can't wait!

chino77 09-04-08 02:32 PM

i would have preferred a revisited episode later in the season. they are cool too but i think a season premiere would be best with a new restaurant.

McHawkson 09-04-08 02:52 PM

Would love to see how McCool doing so far and see if that kid (owner's son) actually matured or not.

Sweet Baby James 09-04-08 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by McHawkson (Post 8917491)
Would love to see how McCool doing so far and see if that kid (owner's son) actually matured or not.

I want to see if Pete is still sporting a pinkie ring.:D

bluetoast 09-04-08 03:44 PM

Wow, did now know this was coming back tonight, pleasant surprise.

GreenVulture 09-04-08 04:05 PM

I hope this isn't like the BBC version of Kitchen Nightmares Revisited, where they essentially play the original episode and then tack on 5 - 10 minutes at the end where Gordon checks back on the restaurant. Hope it's just one update after another, which is what this sounds like.

firteen88 09-04-08 08:37 PM

I hope this isn't like the BBC version of Kitchen Nightmares Revisited, where they essentially play the original episode and then tack on 5 - 10 minutes at the end where Gordon checks back on the restaurant. Hope it's just one update after another, which is what this sounds like.
About 10-15 minutes recapping the original episode, then about 5-10 minutes of the restaurant's update. So far all the restaurants have been doing much better since Ramsey's visit.

chino77 09-04-08 08:53 PM

very boring episode.

Bluelitespecial 09-04-08 10:09 PM

It was more of a recap episode of last season, but I enjoyed getting to see updates of the Old Stone Mill, and Dillion in Manhattan. Those were my favorite episodes from last year.

FinkPish 09-05-08 12:01 AM

I was switching back and forth since it was a lot of recap with not a lot of new material, but did anyone think that Peter and Brucie from GTV4 could be twins?

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4697/bruciesvx1.th.jpg vs http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/2...3994yg9.th.jpg

DJariya 09-05-08 02:27 AM

It was nice to get all the updates, but I felt I was watching Extreme Makeover: Restaurant Edition than Kitchen Nightmares. Overall, the episode was really really boring.

I would have loved to seen an update from that Pizza Parlor/Italian Restaurant in Hollywood. I recall the owner was a real dick to Gordon and was uncooperative to his changes.

I was surprised that Gordon didn't re-visit Peter's and they used the camera crew to interview Peter and his sister.

The preview for the new season looks really cool. Looks like Gordon is going to visit alot of shit holes this season. I hope he ventures out more than staying in New York/New Jersey through most of the 1st season.

lordzeppelin 09-05-08 08:33 AM

I'm a huge Ramsay fan...probably would like to meet him most out of any 'celeb' in the world. But I'm starting to sour on the US shows...I'll still watch, but they are such shit compared to the BBC shows. They seem watered down and overdone all at the same time, which is quite an interesting dynamic. The BBC show is just real, accessible, and blunt. The US version is actually quite poorly edited in my opinion. Far far too much repetition and such.

But I'm still glued to the screen.

orderandlaw 09-05-08 10:10 AM

I think the best part of the entire two hours was the Shoe Circus commercial w/ Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Gates.

kvrdave 09-05-08 01:49 PM

So it sounds like I am okay to just delete this.

DJariya 09-05-08 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by kvrdave (Post 8920053)
So it sounds like I am okay to just delete this.

Yeah you don't need to watch this. Wait until next week.

Big Boy Laroux 09-05-08 05:10 PM

I did think seeing Dillons spotless basement (which they apparently show off to customers) was interesting.

I'd say fast-forward through all the recap stuff and just watch when he returns. It's probably about 20 minutes total.

DeanoBKN 09-06-08 02:43 AM

That manager Dean reminded me of Frank Vincent...I almost wished he had put Ramsay's head in a vice.

Nick Danger 09-06-08 08:40 AM

I've never seen the program before, and so the episode was a good teaser. They showed the exciting parts of episodes from last season. Then they made it look like that every restaurant that guy visited became a huge success. It sort of made me want to watch it again. So it did what it was supposed to do.

Superman07 09-07-08 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by lordzeppelin (Post 8919191)
I'm a huge Ramsay fan...probably would like to meet him most out of any 'celeb' in the world. But I'm starting to sour on the US shows...I'll still watch, but they are such shit compared to the BBC shows. They seem watered down and overdone all at the same time, which is quite an interesting dynamic. The BBC show is just real, accessible, and blunt. The US version is actually quite poorly edited in my opinion. Far far too much repetition and such.

You said it!

movieking 09-07-08 06:45 PM

I gave up after a couple of episodes last year, so I enjoyed seeing this. I was curious as to why Ramsay didn't show up at the last restaurant. But at least they fixed the
"Dillion" spelling error on the signage for "Dillon's".

DRG 09-08-08 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by lordzeppelin (Post 8919191)
The US version is actually quite poorly edited in my opinion. Far far too much repetition and such.

True, although I think Hell's Kitchen is much worse in this regard. The good thing is these shows are perfect for DVR viewing... I can watch an "hour" of either of those shows in under twenty minutes.

islandclaws 09-08-08 12:12 PM

Ugh. Terrible "episode". I watched some of the recaps and then just deleted it. Are they kidding by making that 2 hours? I'll wait until next week when the real action begins.

DJariya 09-08-08 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal (Post 8925561)
Ugh. Terrible "episode". I watched some of the recaps and then just deleted it. Are they kidding by making that 2 hours? I'll wait until next week when the real action begins.

I agree with you 100%, for the big season premiere, it was a bad episode. This episode should have aired during the Holidays (It has that feel good vibe) when everything is in re-runs.