TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Bones--2 hour season premiere--"Yanks in the UK"--9/3/08

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-08, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Bones--2 hour season premiere--"Yanks in the UK"--9/3/08

Photobucket

Really looking forward to catching this tonight.

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

The fourth season begins with Brennan and Booth lecturing to their respective peers in London, but their trip is extended after they're drawn into the investigation of the murder of a wealthy American's daughter. Meanwhile, back at the Jeffersonian, Angela is shocked by the return of her estranged husband, who must agree to a divorce before she can marry Jack.

Old 09-04-08, 10:45 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I guessed the killer in both cases. Its getting to easy and obvious.
Old 09-04-08, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
I guessed the killer in both cases. Its getting to easy and obvious.
yeah, but then again, aren't the murders just a MacGuffin to keep the sexual tension between the leads going?
Old 09-04-08, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Interesting to see that John Francis Daley replaces Eric Millegan in the opening credits. The Sweets character really grew on me and was the funnier part of this episode. Not entirely sure how I feel about Zack's replacement though...
Old 09-04-08, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Damn America's Next Top Model was higher on my Season Pass list and I missed both episodes. Were they both self contained or have they set up anything for the rest of the season?
Old 09-04-08, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Interesting to see that John Francis Daley replaces Eric Millegan in the opening credits. The Sweets character really grew on me and was the funnier part of this episode. Not entirely sure how I feel about Zack's replacement though...
Actually John Francis Daley has been a regular in the opening credits since last season.
Old 09-04-08, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Timber
Damn America's Next Top Model was higher on my Season Pass list and I missed both episodes. Were they both self contained or have they set up anything for the rest of the season?
I would watch it if I were you. How often does an American TV show shoot a 2 hour episode overseas in England. You can always catch it on FOX's web site.
Old 09-04-08, 12:20 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's one pretty large development with a couple of the characters, though it's probably going to be pretty easy to pick up on the next episode.
Old 09-04-08, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
Actually John Francis Daley has been a regular in the opening credits since last season.
Oops. Guess I usually zip the TiVo right through them.

They were "related" but two separate murders to solve. I've actually never something like this handled this way. Dunno where you're going to catch it. They don't seem to be online yet...
Old 09-04-08, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Can't believe they hit the reset button for Angela and whatshisface's relationship.
Old 09-04-08, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by sb5
There's one pretty large development with a couple of the characters, though it's probably going to be pretty easy to pick up on the next episode.
True that, and I suspect one British colleague will be seen again; the other likely not.

(Sorry if I'm being obtuse but you probably don't want spoilers.)
Old 09-04-08, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
The first half was better than the second half. Looks like they're going to pull a Murphy Brown with the new lab assistant and make it a new one every week.

The end of the Angela/Hodkins storyline was pretty silly, one of those only on television endings...unless they revisit it later.
Old 09-04-08, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That was probably the clumsiest breakup I've ever seen on TV. Seriously, what an awful way for them to end. No doubt there is more to come, but it was just handled poorly.

As for the killers, we don't really know for sure who did it in the first one. But I also guessed who said they were the killer, and the actual killer in the second one.
Old 09-05-08, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk God

I thought it was an entertaining, but very uneven 2 hour episode. I thought Hour 1 was alot better than Hour 2. The whole Angela/Jack breakup was so fricking lame. There were some funny moments with Booth.

I loved seeing Indira Varma again. I've missed her since the cancellation of 3 Lbs, although that show sucked.

BTW, I just noticed that the episode was in 1:78:1 Widescreen. I think that's the 1st time I've seen FOX broadcast anything in Widescreen for us SD folks.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-05-08 at 02:37 AM.
Old 09-05-08, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DJariya
BTW, I just noticed that the episode was in 1:78:1 Widescreen. I think that's the 1st time I've seen FOX broadcast anything in Widescreen for us SD folks.
They didn't want you to miss all that great scenery.
Old 09-05-08, 10:44 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
As for the killers, we don't really know for sure who did it in the first one. But I also guessed who said they were the killer, and the actual killer in the second one.
It was way to obvious when they panned to a 2-3 second shot of the
Spoiler:
butler
when Booth and Bones first went to the mansion.