Reload this Page >

Eureka - Season 3 starts tonight!

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 07-29-08, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

I've been looking forward to this for weeks--one of my favorite shows of the last few years. Anybody else excited about tonight?

If you're new to the series, it's pretty easy to get into. It is mostly episodic, though there are usually one or two plotlines that run through a season. I would definitely recommend going back and watching seasons 1 and 2 if you like it to see the evolution of some of the characters--especially Zoe.

It's fluff, but it's entertaining fluff. The science fiction is heavy on fiction, but it's usually imaginative and the special effects are pretty good. The characters and their relationships drive the show, and I think all the actors are very likeable in their roles--especially the main guy, Colin Ferguson as Sheriff Carter.

Two more hours to go!
Old 07-29-08, 06:04 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its a fun show....
Old 07-29-08, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Really enjoyed the premiere. Wonder how long the Stark thing will last. Just doesn't seem right.

Doug
Old 07-30-08, 05:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have missed this show and am glad its back
Old 07-30-08, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The problem and resolution in this episode was kinda weak, but it's still great to see everyone again. Except no Taggert--hopefully we'll see him soon. I'm surprised the Zane character is still around--he seems kinda pointless but maybe they have plans for him.

The SciFi website has video of the Eureka panel at Comic Con. (click on link, then select the Comic Con video from the menu on the right.)
Old 08-04-08, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Will Taggert be around? This weeks show looks like a perfect place for him to be, but the trailer did not show him...

Great to have it back tho..fun show indeed.
Old 08-04-08, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Someone over on IMDB said that at Comicon it was mentioned that Taggert won't be back until the second half of the season.
Old 08-05-08, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
Someone over on IMDB said that at Comicon it was mentioned that Taggert won't be back until the second half of the season.
I wonder why. Taggart didn't IMHO have too much to do last season unless he was in a whole episode. Maybe I'm mis-remembering - I think he was only in 4 episodes out of 13 last season...
Old 08-07-08, 09:53 PM

I used to love the first seasons' theme music. What happened to it? It's totally different now.
Old 08-20-08, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anybody watching this? last nights episode shocked me
Old 08-20-08, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The ads warned us about a surprise ending. It needed to happen to allow the story to progress. The episode itself was just a weak homage to Ground Hog Day.
Old 08-20-08, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Axeramm View Post
Anybody watching this? last nights episode shocked me
Wow. Just wow. That was pretty harsh. And too bad because while an egomaniac, I liked the dynamic between that character and Carter. Looks like they've also lined up a new replacement with Jack's sister - whom I already dislike.
Old 08-20-08, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nathan Stark was a great character.
Old 08-21-08, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm going to miss Stark too. His and Carter's verbal jabs at each other were hilarious.

And Jo looked...
Old 08-21-08, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Decent shout out to Groundhog day but I didn't see that ending coming at all.
Old 08-21-08, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I knew they'd have to get Nathan out of the picture somehow, to clear the way for Carter and Allison to get together. Though I'm sure that'll take a while to develop since she'll be grieving. I suspect Nathan will return someday--maybe a season-ending cliffhanger? We didn't see him die, exactly. He didn't wind up a burnt corpse like the other guy. So maybe he's just shifted in time or something.

Not sure how I feel about Lexi. I don't see where she's going to fit into the big picture.

Not enough Jo, but otherwise a very good episode. Colin Ferguson really plays the part of Jack Carter well. I felt everything along with him during this episode, from the physical pain to the emotional conflict.
Old 08-21-08, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Cellar Door View Post
I suspect Nathan will return someday--maybe a season-ending cliffhanger? We didn't see him die, exactly. He didn't wind up a burnt corpse like the other guy. So maybe he's just shifted in time or something.
Exactly what I was thinking but it's probably wishful thinking. A season finale of bringing Nathan back from being temporally out of phase would be great though.
Old 08-21-08, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by lisadoris View Post
Decent shout out to Groundhog day but I didn't see that ending coming at all.
I thought it was more like 12:01 than Groundhog Day. Which is fine because I think 12:01 is a much better film, even though it was made for TV.
Old 08-21-08, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by movielib View Post
I thought it was more like 12:01 than Groundhog Day. Which is fine because I think 12:01 is a much better film, even though it was made for TV.
That's blasphemy.

Seriously though, 12:01 is a solid sci-fi flick, but I think Groundhog Day exceeds it in a number of areas.

However, the idea of a time-loop isn't that new. Before either of those films, it was the plot of an episode of Star Trek: TNG
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Caus...ffect_(episode)

The X-Files also had an episode like this, involving a botched bank robbery.

And of course, who can forget the TV series that had a character repeating the same day as the main premise: Day Break.
Old 08-21-08, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jay G. View Post
That's blasphemy.

Seriously though, 12:01 is a solid sci-fi flick, but I think Groundhog Day exceeds it in a number of areas.

However, the idea of a time-loop isn't that new. Before either of those films, it was the plot of an episode of Star Trek: TNG
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Caus...ffect_(episode)

The X-Files also had an episode like this, involving a botched bank robbery.

And of course, who can forget the TV series that had a character repeating the same day as the main premise: Day Break.
And 12:01 (1993) was based on an Academy Award nominated short film called 12:01 PM (1990) which was based on a 1973 short story by Richard Lupoff. So 12:01's pedigree predates the ST:TNG episode.

And I must reiterate: 12:01 (and 12:01 PM, for that matter) are both far superior to Groundhog Day which I find quite mediocre. My opinion, of course.

I loved Day Break when I finally saw the whole series on DVD.
Old 08-23-08, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
been a great season so far, very good writing
Old 08-23-08, 10:33 PM

Don't worry, Stark will be coming back - his body will be blue, he'll have extraordinary powers, and he'll burn the model for a hydrogen atom on his forehead.
Old 09-24-08, 12:17 AM

Enjoyed the midseason finale tonight. Not much of a cliffhanger but as usual the series told a very nice episodic story with some wonderful character development - Heroes take note.
Old 09-24-08, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not much of a cliffhanger? I dunno about that!

I have to say that I was kind of worried when Degree became the sponsor this year. Some of the product placements were a bit over the top. But overall, this is still one of my favorite shows, and the resolution to the season arc (or "half-season" arc) was very good.
Old 09-24-08, 09:40 AM

I just recently got into this show via the DVDs and I've loved every minute. When does this show start up again?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.