Reload this Page >

Mad Men---Season Premiere---"For Those Who Think Young"---7/27/08 on AMC

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Mad Men---Season Premiere---"For Those Who Think Young"---7/27/08 on AMC

Old 07-30-09, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Mad Men---Season Premiere---"For Those Who Think Young"---7/27/08 on AMC

I was going to wait for the DVDs to arrive before watching this, but I found out this morning that I can watch the Season 2 episodes On Demand in HD! Woohoo!

January Jones looked absolutely gorgeous in that lingerie. If there was ever a Grace Kelly biopic made, she should be the first and only choice for the role.

I half expected one of the guys in the elevator to punch Don in the face when he asked them to remove their hat.

I loved Betty's reinvention of her Valentine's Day date with Don when she was talking to Francine.

I guess Salvatore trying to hide his homosexuality has led him to tamper his mannerisms in the office.

I knew before watching this episode that the show had jumped forward in time. For someone watching this without that knowledge, what is supposed to be the big clue? I know Peggy looks a lot thinner, Paul has a beard, Roger and Joan have broken up, Salvatore is married and Pete and Trudy are failing at trying to have a baby.

I'm guessing the big clue is supposed to be the First Lady's televised tour of the White House, which everyone is watching. If one doesn't know exactly when that took place, then they won't know exactly when the show is set, unlike the pilot when we see a calendar in the doctor's office showing March 1960.

A great start to the 2nd season of one of the best shows on television and I look forward to watching the rest of the episodes.