DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Dexter - Season 3 Trailer! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/536367-dexter-season-3-trailer.html)

j_sutton 07-25-08 12:22 PM

Dexter - Season 3 Trailer!

Hot off the (email) press from Showtime, it's the Dexter Season 3 Comicon trailer!

http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/comic...july08_trailer

redrum 07-25-08 12:51 PM

back in miami for this season?

DJariya 07-25-08 01:08 PM

Too bad I don't have Showtime. I just can't justify paying $13 a month for a channel where I either watch most of the movies in the theatre or DVD. The original programs do look good though. I'm still watching season 1 on DVD and hopefully will get around to season 2 soon when that DVD is released.

Jimmy Smits does look like a good adversary to Dexter.

Giantrobo 07-25-08 01:23 PM

Can't wait.

GatorDeb 07-25-08 02:01 PM

Watching S1 and 2 through NWIN :D This show is awesome.

Geofferson 07-25-08 04:16 PM

Nice! :up:

sb5 07-25-08 04:29 PM

Looks promising. I was hoping they'd do a
Spoiler:
"Dexter kills someone who is (or could be) innocent"
plot line at the some point; nice to see they're actually doing it.

SFranke 07-27-08 09:30 PM

When are Dexter and Michael Westin going to join forces and clean up that town?

TomOpus 07-28-08 12:16 AM

I was at the Comic-Con panel and Julie Benz looked damn good :drool:

That is all.

macnorton 07-28-08 09:07 AM

The trailer looks hot...which is always a good thing.

I don't have Showtime either (thank you internet), but I may shell out for this...plus that Diablo Cody comedy looks funny and the Edie Flaco one too.

mdc3000 07-28-08 11:55 AM

That looks fucking sweet.

orderandlaw 07-28-08 04:27 PM

According to Wikipedia, this is what's known so far about the new season:

Spoiler:
He will play Miguel Prado, an assistant district attorney who will work with Dexter to pursue a murderer who has affected both of their lives. It was also said, that in the third season, Dexter kills someone innocent and that causes "an avalanche". His way of life also changes after he befriends with attorney Miguel Prado (played by Jimmy Smits). Another main plot will be Deborah's new love - "a healthy loving relationship" - but it wasn't announced with whom.

Oooh, I am so excited!

CKMorpheus 07-28-08 08:19 PM

Count me in! As long as they stay far away from the atrocities that were Books 2 and 3.

asianxcore 07-28-08 11:13 PM

Trailer was pretty rad. Definitely excited about Season 3.

Howiefan 09-12-08 12:40 PM

The first episode of Season 3 leaked... :)

lacubs 09-12-08 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Howiefan (Post 8934879)
The first episode of Season 3 leaked... :)

and its look very good season lol

treszoks 09-13-08 06:57 PM

Definitely a good season opener.

killershark 09-15-08 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus (Post 8841466)
Count me in! As long as they stay far away from the atrocities that were Books 2 and 3.

What happened in the books?

CPA-ESQ. 09-15-08 03:35 PM

the link does not work for me - I just get a black screen... I'll have to check out the leaked episode.

CKMorpheus 09-16-08 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by killershark (Post 8940564)
What happened in the books?

Book 2 is a blur to me now, but Book 3 has Dexter believing he's possessed by an evil demon and he attempts to get exercised.

You can get an example of the ludicrousness of the third novel with this summary...

No spoilers for the TV show... minor spoilers for the books.

Spoiler:
Along with Dexter's first person narration, the novel also includes third person narrations from two other points of view. One is a person called the Watcher, a member of the cult that follows and observes Dexter. The other is a mythical, godlike entity called "IT," (Revealed to be Moloch) which existed since the beginning of time and has several similarities to the Dark Passenger. IT takes great pleasure in entering creatures as a "passenger" and making them kill other creatures. IT works to create other murderous entities similar to itself but soon turns against many of them, causing them to flee. IT and its offspring go to war, with IT being victorious. Some of IT's remaining children stay in hiding, fearing IT's power.

DeputyDave 09-16-08 11:40 AM

I agree, once they made Dexter "supernatural" I gave up on the books. Book three simply sucked on all levels. It's not often that I think a TV show or movie does a better job than the book it's based on.

The only thing from books that I would love to see is:
Spoiler:
Because of the trauma induced by their extremely abusive real father, the two kids start showing early signs of being serial killers. Dexter decides to guide them and teach them "Harry's code" as well as teach them tricks of the trade. It was a great idea but I think the book handled the execution very poorly.

But I don't think even pay cable has the balls.