Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

So You Think You Can Dance - "Top 14" (7/2-3/08)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-08, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Still a two-hour show.

Think this is accurate:
Spoiler:
This Week:
Kherington-Twitch: Contemporary (Mia Michaels)
Katee-Joshua: West Coast Swing (Benji Schwimmer)
Kourtni-Matt: Hip Hop (Cicily & Olisa)
Courtney-Gev: Broadway (Andy Blankenbuehler) from On the Town
Chelsie-Mark: Jazz (Mandy Moore)
Jessica-Will: Jive
Comfort-Thayne: Waltz

I think the seven pairs did two dances but just showing one each week.

This was what was listed:
Spoiler:
Next Week:
Kherington-Twitch: Paso Doble
Katee-Joshua: Contemporary (Mia)
Kourtni-Matt: Mambo (Alex Da Silva)
Courtney-Gev: Hip Hop (Cicily & Olisa)
Chelsie-Mark: Foxtrot
Jessica-Will: Lyrical Jazz (Mandy Moore)
Comfort-Thayne: Broadway (Andy Blankenbuehler) from West Side Story

edit: Ah, forogt the poll. Guess it probably won't matter.
Old 07-02-08, 12:08 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Thanks for starting the thread the last few weeks. Been busy.

Looking forward to tonight's dances... except for Thayne and Comphert.

All I can say from the spoilers is that Katee and Joshua will be one for the highlight reel!
Old 07-02-08, 03:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, are you saying that they each do 2 dances tonight, or that they're don't just one? Your post confuses me.
Old 07-02-08, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know exactly how it'll work but they probably set it up so that everyone'd get a break for the 4th of July weekend.
Old 07-02-08, 04:03 PM
Banned

So you think they filmed two dances, one for this week and one for next week? That would mean they'd have to send home a complete couple this week. If that's the case, I smell "rigged" (and say goodbye to Comfort and Thayne).
Old 07-02-08, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know. Everyone might be safe this week.
Old 07-02-08, 05:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ranger
I don't know. Everyone might be safe this week.
Yeah, I could see that too. "In the spirit of the 4th of July, you're all safe and your vote total this week will be added to your total next week." That'd be crap, since the spirit of America is free market competition. Well, it used to be. Now, everyone is on the all-star team, everyone gets a trophy, etc.
Old 07-02-08, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So obviously the top 3 couple are: Chelsea and Mark, Katee and Joshua, & Twitch and Kherington. Who are the final 2 guys and girls? Obviously, Will and I'm saying Gev. I think Matt and Thayne are the next to go, in that order. The next top 2 girls are Courtney and I'm not sure about the next. It's a toss up between Kortni and Jessica but I dont believe Comfort will round up the top 10.
Old 07-02-08, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, so they did show two dances for each pair. Even Fox can surprise me.

Dance spoilers were out of order but styles were correct.

No one was horrible tonight. But I expect Comfort and Thayne to be gone. Then next week, it should be Kourtni and Matt. I really do not want those four in the top 10.

I thought the Courtney-Gev broadway was very cute.

Loved the Paso doble.

Didn't care for the Courtney-Gev hip-hop.

Didn't really enjoy either Katee-Josh dance.

Loved Kherington-Twitch contemporary.

Thought both Jessica-Will dances were good.

Loved Chelsie-Mark jazz.

Ok, hope I got all that right.
Old 07-02-08, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Well we pretty much know that Thayne, Comfort, Kourtni and Matt will be gone in the next 2 weeks. They don't want to saddle any of the other dancers with any of them when it becomes more of an individual competition.
Old 07-02-08, 11:09 PM
Banned

Eh.. another show I could FF through.

Last year, there were some bad, some good, some very good, and some great performances. This year, there's just good and very good. Nothing great by any means. The talent seems there (the Top 20 is better this year), but the choreographers are lacking.

They need Wade and Shane back.
Old 07-03-08, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I dunno. I enjoyed it a lot tonight.

Courtney impressed me with her hip-hop. I mean, the choreography was garbage, as is often the case with the hip-hop routines, but she was really selling it.

I'm not feeling the Katee love. I like her in the fun routines, but she was melodramatic in the military piece at the beginning on the season, and she was over-the-top again in tonight's first dance. I just don't believe her emotion.

Kourtni needs to go. Thayne too.

I know Jessica isn't as strong as some of the others, but I just love watching her and Will dance together. They have incredible chemistry.

das
Old 07-03-08, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ranking from most fave to least fave for me:

Twitchington - Paso was half good, but solid contemporary

Chelsie and Mark - First dance was solid, and Foxtrot was above average.

Katee and Joshua - Contemporary was goose-bump worthy, while the west coast swing was fun but uninvolving.

Jessica and Will - okay first dance, but smoking second dance.

Courtney and Gev - so-so hip-hop (Courtney brought it, Gev did not), while broadway wore a little thin half-way through.

Comfort and Thayne - competent in both dances, but no real chemistry between them yet, understandable given the circumstances.

Kourtni and Matt - Kourtni just isn't lighting up the dance floor at all for me, and Matt is still too timid and fey, put them out of their misery, judges!
Old 07-03-08, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Even though Mia Micheals and her Renee Zellweger squint annoy me, she does some damn good choreography. I thought the Katee Joshua contemporary was awesome. Best of the night, and the one I'll remember the most out of all the dances so far.
Old 07-03-08, 01:48 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by matta
They need Wade and Shane back.
Yeah, the hip hop routines have been lackluster this year.

Benji's routine for Katee and Joshua wasn't as good as the one he choreographed for Pasha and Sara last year. But it was okay.

Hate to admit it, but Mia's routine for Twitchington was incredible, easily my favorite of the night. She can be damn good when she's not making her dancers have spasms and run around aimlessly (as her worst routines do).
Old 07-03-08, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DRG
Yeah, the hip hop routines that haven't been choreographed by Napoleon and Tabitha have been lackluster this year.
Fixed. I can't remember their names, but those two women who choreograph hip hop are fucking terrible... come back Shane!
Old 07-03-08, 04:47 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally Posted by mdc3000
Fixed. I can't remember their names, but those two women who choreograph hip hop are fucking terrible... come back Shane!
Olisa & Cicely.

Word.

Last edited by Goldberg74; 07-03-08 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-03-08, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by matta
Last year, there were some bad, some good, some very good, and some great performances. This year, there's just good and very good. Nothing great by any means. The talent seems there (the Top 20 is better this year), but the choreographers are lacking.
Last year, I thought the top 16 were pretty good.

And the year before that (S2), all 20 were pretty good.

This year, I think we got 10 great dancers but 10 really bad dancers.

Re: Tonight. Best part was Courtney and Gev's solos. Just marvelous. Thankfully, judges saw how talented they are. FINALLY some good solos, courtesy of Courtney and Gev.

I'm fine with the call the judges made tonight. It seems certain that Comfort and Thayne will be gone next week.
Old 07-03-08, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Ranger
Re: Tonight. Best part was Courtney and Gev's solos. Just marvelous. Thankfully, judges saw how talented they are. FINALLY some good solos, courtesy of Courtney and Gev.
Agreed. Those two demanded respect with their solos, the first time anyone's done that this season.

das
Old 07-04-08, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Patman
Kourtni and Matt - Kourtni just isn't lighting up the dance floor at all for me, and Matt is still too timid and fey, put them out of their misery, judges!
Thank you, judges! They seem genuinely nice folks, but just weren't able to up their game to the level of their competition.

Gev and Courtney G had very entertaining solos.
Old 07-04-08, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Agreed. Those two demanded respect with their solos, the first time anyone's done that this season.

das
I completely agree. They danced circles around everyone else in the solos, and really didn't deserve to be in the bottom three, at least no more than any of the other couples who weren't in the bottom three.

As far as who went home, I honestly didn't have a preference between Matt/Thayne and Kourtni/Comfort. I really wish they all could have been sent home this week. None of them really shined in their solos, and both of the girls were incredibly boring, especially Comfort. I really hope she goes home next week.

Then we can get down to the final five boys and final five girls, when the competition really heats up.
Old 07-04-08, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It will be a pretty strong top twenty IMO...I really dont want anyone to leave. I could watch those top 20 dance for the rest of the season. Gev was incredible. Just when you feel like you have seen all the bboy moves, he blew me away!

Robert Mouraine (sp?) is a freak. And I mean that in a good way. Unbelievable. He quit in Vegas, but I never thought it was his real intention to compete on the show. I think he just wanted the national exposure. And he got it. I dont quite remember who Nigel was talking about when he mentioned the other guy for a "pop-off".
Next week, 2 more good couple will be in the bottom 3, but it will be just to send Thayne and Comfort home.

Last edited by magiccmom; 07-04-08 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-04-08, 12:06 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Yeah what happened to Wade ? I know Shane has gone to America's best Dance crew and Tyce has gone to Master of Dance

why can't these guys work multiple shows ?

I will be so surprised if the winner of this season isn't a black male. Will, Twitch or Josh

when it comes to america voting, they will rip it up
Old 07-04-08, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I suspect Josh will win.
Old 07-04-08, 12:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
Yeah what happened to Wade ? I know Shane has gone to America's best Dance crew and Tyce has gone to Master of Dance

why can't these guys work multiple shows ?

I will be so surprised if the winner of this season isn't a black male. Will, Twitch or Josh

when it comes to america voting, they will rip it up

I'm sure the problem with appearing on multiple shows is contractual. Though it appears that they can still choreograph (they did the Top 20 and Top 18 group performances).

I don't know what happened to Wade, but from what I read on here, it sounds like an argument between him and his producer.

I like Twitch, but I'm not so convinced about the other two. I've never really been impressed by Will, and I think he gets by on the glowing comments from the judges (he's probably completing some great and difficult techniques that I just don't understand). Josh has danced well, but I think some of that is because he's paired very well. It'll be interesting to see how he does with a different partner.

But all 3 guys will make the top 8. Unless something strange happens, Thane is gone this week and Gev is gone in the Top 10. Then, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mark gone in the Top 8, and Twitch vs. the better of Josh or Will in the final.

As for the girls: Comfort is gone this week and Jessica is the first gone in the Top 10. Courtney and Katee are the next two to go (in some order).

Leading to a final of: Kerrington, Chelsie, Twitch, and Josh

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.