Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Battlestar Galactica TV movie greenlit says Grace Park

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-08, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Battlestar Galactica TV movie greenlit says Grace Park

The details are very vague. But, Park claims it's happening. Now it will be another challenge signing the cast to do this.

Also, it sounds like the cast and crew have already wrapped production on the show.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/show...star-ga-2.html

Last month, Maureen Ryan was the first to report that as many as three "Battlestar Galactica" TV films were under discussion at the Sci Fi network. She noted that "it would make sense to make more 'Battlestar' TV movies while the show'€™s creative team and actors are still all in one place."

Well, too late for that now -- the cast is being flung far and wide.

But! "I just heard about the first Battlestar movie being greenlit," said Grace Park, "Battlestar's" Cylon No. 8, yesterday by phone from Vancouver, Canada.

"A TV movie, but still! But this -- it's like, yeah, it's over but we're ready to move on but nobody's manager or agent has been called. It's supposed to start in August."

So, at the very least, the rumors aren't just flying on the Internet -- but on the set as well.

Tonight in Vancouver, the "Battlestar" cast will have its wrap party. On the shooting schedules in these final weeks, huge chunks of time have been blacked out to accommodate new jobs for Cylon and human character alike: No Mary McDonnell one day, no Tricia Helfer the next.

Park, for one, has been jetting off for her new job on the A&E series "The Cleaner," which stars Benjamin Bratt and shoots in Los Angeles; it premieres July 15.

The cast has so far seen most of the series' final episodes, which will air in (sigh!) 2009.

"There's one episode where everything is explained and I had to read it three times," Park said. "I had to sit down with [executive producer] Ron Moore and he had to break it down."

Among other tidbits (the interview with Park will run here on July 20), Park also confirmed the presence of a child actor on set -- one of the toddlers who plays her character Sharon "Athena" Agathon's daughter, the Cylon-human offspring Hera.

From over at the Sci Fi channel, we hear they'd "love to see the continuation of 'Battlestar' with a special event akin to Razor but the idea is still in the discussion stage."

For his part, Moore told The Times' Geoff Boucher and the audience of fans at the Arclight, who gathered for our series of Emmy panels, that he'd love to see it happen as well.
Old 06-30-08, 04:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts
One TV movie I'd really like to see is one set during the first Cylon war with a young Bill "Husker" Adama and Saul Tigh battling the original Cylons. It wouldn't require bringing any of the originals back, save for the actor who played Husker in "Razor."

With the Pegasus story told, it seems there's really not a lot left to cover in the current era of the show, unless they do a prequel that takes place a year or two before the original miniseries. Or maybe something on New Caprica.
Old 06-30-08, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts
No Daggit = No Sale (I kid, I kid!)
Old 06-30-08, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer/Athena
"There's one episode where everything is explained and I had to read it three times," Park said. "I had to sit down with [executive producer] Ron Moore and he had to break it down."
Ok, is this episode such a mind-fuck that it will be the topic of debate for all of geekdom with multiple interpretations and possibilities or is she just dumb (having been involved in the entire run of the show and one of the most major characters)?
Old 06-30-08, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give me a movie just on the origins of the Final Five.
Old 06-30-08, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Ok, is this episode such a mind-fuck that it will be the topic of debate for all of geekdom with multiple interpretations and possibilities or is she just dumb (having been involved in the entire run of the show and one of the most major characters)?
I have enough faith to believe both. It's complicated *and* she's dumb.
Old 06-30-08, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just because she's a beautiful woman and a terrible actress doesn't necessarily mean she's dumb!

das

P.S. She's probably dumb.
Old 06-30-08, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is she smart enough to let me pee in her butt? That's good enough then.
Old 06-30-08, 06:32 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shazam
Is she smart enough to let me pee in her butt? That's good enough then.

i <3 g.p.