DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Celebrity Family Feud (Host: Al Roker) debuts 06/24/08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/533261-celebrity-family-feud-host-al-roker-debuts-06-24-08-a.html)

bigjim25 06-09-08 12:28 PM

Celebrity Family Feud (Host: Al Roker) debuts 06/24/08

EW.com has learned which stars will face off in the name of charity. Let's go to the survey and see what it says.
• Episode 1
-Christopher Knight/Adrianne Curry and family vs. the Teutul family (American Chopper)
-Margaret Cho and family vs. Corbin Bernsen and family
• Episode 2
-Bill Engvall and family vs. Larry the Cable Guy and family
-Mo'Nique and family vs. Vivica A. Fox and family
• Episode 3
-Ice-T and family vs. Joan Rivers/Melissa Rivers and family
-Raven-Symoné and family vs. Wayne Newton and family
• Episode 4
-The Kardashian/Jenner family (including Kim Kardashian and Bruce Jenner) vs. Deion Sanders and family
-Ed McMahon and family vs. Tiki Barber and family
• Episode 5
-The primary cast of My Name Is Earl (including Jason Lee, pictured, and Jamie Pressly) vs. the secondary cast of Earl (including Tim Stack and show creator Greg Garcia)
-The cast of The Office (including Creed Bratton and Brian Baumgartner) vs. the cast of American Gladiators (including Titan and Venom)
• Episode 6
-Vincent Pastore and family vs. the cast of The Girls Next Door (including Holly, Bridget, and Kendra)
-Kathie Lee Gifford and family vs. Duane "Dog" Chapman and family (Dog the Bounty Hunter)

Tracer Bullet 06-09-08 01:25 PM

Richard Dawson is the only correct answer.

das Monkey 06-09-08 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by bigjim25
-Bill Engvall and family vs. Larry the Cable Guy and family

I'm dumber for even knowing that exists, let alone actually watching it.

das

My Other Self 06-09-08 01:29 PM

Holy crap that Office vs. American Gladiators one will be gold.

And my favorite host is Al Borland.

GuessWho 06-09-08 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by mcfly
Holy crap that Office vs. American Gladiators one will be gold.

And my favorite host is Al Borland.

The Earl one should be good too

Shannon Nutt 06-09-08 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
Richard Dawson is the only correct answer.

Yes!
http://www.movievillains.com/images/killian.jpg

DRG 06-09-08 02:46 PM

I'm a sucker for Family Feud, and the celebrity angle gives me hope they won't fool with the formula too much... no need for silly million dollar rounds or any other unnecessary gameplay changes.

Charlie Goose 06-09-08 03:16 PM

God help me, but it sounds interesting enough for me to watch at least once. In spite of the bland mediocrity of Al Roker.

Since the show is still on the air, I don't think they'll change it all that much.

And I prefer Ray Combs. :) Dawson always came across like an arrogant douche.

fumanstan 06-09-08 03:22 PM

Ray Combs.

saoirse 06-09-08 03:57 PM

The first two hosts were my favorites, in that order too.

I don't see myself watching this 'celebrity' nonsense though.

Very sad about Ray Combs' life after the Feud.

pridesticks06 06-09-08 05:39 PM

I don't care too much for it, but being an avid Office fan, I'll catch that episode. I love Creed and Brian.

BlueCC 06-09-08 06:28 PM

I had no idea Richard Karn was the host for that long. I remember watching one day, seeing O' Hurley and wondering why Karn left so soon.

Da Thrilla 06-09-08 06:39 PM

Richard Fucking Dawson.

Zen Peckinpah 06-10-08 08:43 PM

My thoughts:

Margaret Cho and family vs. Corbin Bernsen and family

I couldn't resist upon seeing Corbin Bernsen's name:

"Captain fucking Magic!"

Bill Engvall and family vs. Larry the Cable Guy and family

You've gotta be fuckin' kidding.

Ice-T and family vs. Joan Rivers/Melissa Rivers and family
-Raven-Symoné and family vs. Wayne Newton and family

This sounds like the best episode of the whole thing. Gangsta rapper-cum-actor versus gossip queen who won't shut her mouth. If Ice-T starts singing "Colors" I'll flip a shit.

And where else are you going to see the annoying girl from the later years of The Cosby Show face off against The Adventures of Ford Fairlane's homicidal record mogul?

Kim Kardashian

http://www.tatteredcoat.com/images/h...-great-ass.jpg
SHE'S GOT A GREAT ASS!

Kathie Lee Gifford and family vs. Duane "Dog" Chapman and family (Dog the Bounty Hunter)

http://www.bay-of-fundie.com/img/200...nty-hunter.jpg

I couldn't resist mentioning that. "GO WIT CHRIST!"

Dog better spray bear mace in Kathie Lee Gifford's face.

This show sounds horrific, but in the best possible way.

And Richard Dawson is awesome. However, Bill Murray as Richard Dawson > Richard Dawson.

Derrich 06-11-08 07:26 AM

Is Crush gonna choke out Angela?

D

dx23 06-11-08 10:39 PM

Why in the blue hell is Al "I got my stomach stapled because I couldn't stop eating and/or shutting my mouth" Roker hosting these?

William Fuld 06-12-08 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by dx23
Why in the blue hell is Al "I got my stomach stapled because I couldn't stop eating and/or shutting my mouth" Roker hosting these?

Because Roker=Ratings!

big whoppa 06-12-08 05:41 PM

Gawd, this show just won't die. Cue the whitetrash intro music....

Arthur Dent 06-12-08 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by dx23

Al Roker just doesn't look right as a skinny person. Nature simply didn't intend for him to be skinny.

calhoun07 06-12-08 06:49 PM

Ray Combs is my choice.

In order of preference:
Ray Combs
Richard Dawson
Richard Karn
John O'Hurly
Louie Anderson.

And the only reason Louie is on the list is because he was actually on the show, though I could not stand to watch any of his episodes all the way through. Worst. Host. Ever.

calhoun07 06-12-08 06:50 PM

Ray Combs is my choice.

In order of preference:
Ray Combs
Richard Dawson
Richard Karn
John O'Hurly
Louie Anderson.

And the only reason Louie is on the list is because he was actually on the show, though I could not stand to watch any of his episodes all the way through. Worst. Host. Ever. His name shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as those other competent hosts, and it's a wonder the new Family Feud has survived considering what Louie brought to the table.

calhoun07 06-12-08 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by BlueCC
I had no idea Richard Karn was the host for that long. I remember watching one day, seeing O' Hurley and wondering why Karn left so soon.

Same here...I thought Karn was the best host since the good ol' days of the original series. I far prefer him to O'Hurly. They both have annoying traits...stupid stuff they do EVERY episode....such as Kern insisting that HE was tripling the points and such and that stupid thing John does when they make the sound of what will happen if the person gives the same answer in the final section (he acts surprised and looks behind him, and everybody laughs like it's the first time he thought of doing it, and it's never funny.)

Karn really had some good comebacks to stupid answers and thought quick on his feet with the contestants. Why did he leave? What is he doing now that is any better?

NitroJMS 06-12-08 08:33 PM

I'm curious to see if the Larry the Cable Guy family is a group of actors playing a "family" since his schtick is put-on and he rarely leaves character.

kantonburg 06-12-08 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Ray Combs.

Ray was my favorite too. I guess I grew up watching while he was the host. I can't believe he hung himself.

bigjim25 06-12-08 10:57 PM

I have to ask. Who actually voted for Louie? :jawdrop: