DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Shark--"Waynes World 3: Killer Shark"---SERIES FINALE---5/20/08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/531910-shark-waynes-world-3-killer-shark-series-finale-5-20-08-a.html)

DJariya 05-20-08 09:33 AM

Shark--"Waynes World 3: Killer Shark"---SERIES FINALE---5/20/08

I would have never guessed that Billy Campbell would get another episode as Wayne Callison.

It was a good 2 seasons despite all the changes and shortcomings storywise. I did like the snazzy opening credits. :goodbye: Shark! I wonder if James Woods would ever consider doing television again after this.

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

In the series finale, Sebastian's nemesis, convicted murderer Wayne Callison (Billy Campbell), escapes from prison and threatens to take revenge on Sebastian by harming Julie.

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 05-21-08 09:47 AM

Well that was disappointing. I was hoping Callison would kill the daughter.

chris_sc77 05-21-08 09:53 AM

Wow, the shows been canceled? This was the only show Ive seen on CBS that i even remotely liked.

mike7162 05-21-08 06:50 PM

I'm surprised that it got cancelled - I thought it was doing well.

joefrog91 05-21-08 07:50 PM

I didn't know it was the series finale. I loved this show.

DJariya 05-21-08 08:40 PM

CBS announced their fall shows last week and this unfortunately didn't make the cut. Ever since it moved to Sunday's, it wasn't getting the same kind of numbers it did last season following CSI on Thursday and I guess CBS wasn't happy with that.

outlander78 05-21-08 10:14 PM

I'm a few episodes behind - did this one end on a cliff hanger?

TheKing 05-22-08 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by outlander78
I'm a few episodes behind - did this one end on a cliff hanger?

No, there was resolution to the story, but there was enough left open for season 3, which of course will never come.

Red Dog 05-22-08 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
Well that was disappointing. I was hoping Callison would kill the daughter.

I gotta say - I was hoping for that as well.

orangecrush 05-22-08 09:28 AM

I was hoping Stark would shot him in the head in front of his daughter.

Red Dog 05-22-08 10:05 AM

Speaking of the daughter, she sure seems to lack the brains to go to Stanford. Hmmm, dad calling while I'm partying at a kegger during a college visit - I think I'll answer the phone on the 2nd ring.

DJariya 05-23-08 03:38 AM

Damn this was actually a really good "season finale" Oh well, at least it got 2 seasons.

I think if there was a 3rd season, they probably would have created a "Waynes World 4" episode even though the whole Callison storyline was a little absurd.

I read that the producers of these shows have to pitch to the network what they planned to do the next season, which helps them decide which bubble shows make it. I bet Ian Biederman did a shitty job pitching season 3 and probably threw in a Waynes World 4 episode idea, hence it got the axe.