Reload this Page >

House---"Wilson's Heart"---SEASON FINALE PART II---5/19/08

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-19-08, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Part II of the season finale airs tonight.

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

In the conclusion of the two-part fourth-season finale, House remains held back by his bus-accident injuries as he struggles to recall the symptoms he noticed in a rapidly deteriorating fellow passenger just before the crash. House's cloudy memories from the accident also threaten his friendship with Wilson.

Old 05-19-08, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
That was a good way to cap off the season.
Old 05-19-08, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent episode. It'll be interesting to see where they take the show from here.
Old 05-19-08, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not too bad. I was afraid they'd go all-out soap opera at the end and have a season cliffhanger with an amnesiac House.

Could have done without the two (!!?!) folk-rock montage scenes, though. And having Wilson explain to Amber what happened kinda seemed like an unnecessary moment to let the slower viewers who might be confused catch up.

Apart from that, it was pretty cool.
Old 05-19-08, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

wow..i think you guys are nuts...i thought this was one of the worst episodes of House esp after one of the best ones last week
Old 05-19-08, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jamezuva
wow..i think you guys are nuts...i thought this was one of the worst episodes of House esp after one of the best ones last week
That's just because there was no Cuddy striptease this week.
Old 05-19-08, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Damn, that was pretty sad to watch Wilson's world crumble, even House acknowledged the irony of the situation. 13 died a little inside as well.
Old 05-19-08, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I didn't like it much either. I hate how they brought back Amber just to transparently manipulate the audience into liking her so they could kill her in an "emotional" finale. None of it felt authentic, so I couldn't bring myself to care. A lone tear from House? Really? Hopefully we can get back to basics next season.

das
Old 05-19-08, 11:06 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by das Monkey
I hate how they brought back Amber just to transparently manipulate the audience into liking her so they could kill her in an "emotional" finale. None of it felt authentic, so I couldn't bring myself to care.
I agree.

13 is screwed now that it's confirmed she has Huntington's.
Old 05-19-08, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MrX
I agree.

13 is screwed now that it's confirmed she has Huntington's.
What? So she'll begin to exhibit chorea, and lose the cognitive processes necessary to be a doctor.

She'll be fine.
Old 05-19-08, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't like it much either. I hate how they brought back Amber just to transparently manipulate the audience into liking her so they could kill her in an "emotional" finale. None of it felt authentic, so I couldn't bring myself to care. A lone tear from House? Really? Hopefully we can get back to basics next season.

das
The audience liked her? Did I miss something? When did that happen? I can't recall any scene where I felt like I was supposed to like her. I actually would have liked to see more of her being a bitch and, were it not for the writers' strike, probably would have. That none of the other doctors liked her was played pretty well right up to the end, and the irony of her actually doing a good deed causing her to die was fun, and a good less to everyone; if you stay a cutthroat bitch, you live a long and happy life.

You think the tear from House was him being upset about Amber and not his own guilt over dragging her out of bed at night and screwing up his relationship with Wilson? I thought it was in character.
Old 05-19-08, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Huntington's doesn't usually manifest until someone is in their 40s...so she still has plenty of time
Old 05-20-08, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow. I thought it was a pretty powerful episode. I didn't like CTB but came to feel sorry, mostly for Wilson at the end. Him in the bed with her was pretty strong. Good episode and sets up for some great animosity between Wilson and House next season.
Old 05-20-08, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Huntington's doesn't usually manifest until someone is in their 40s...so she still has plenty of time
She might decide that time is of a essence and go do something else with her life till the 40s.
Old 05-20-08, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by wergo
And having Wilson explain to Amber what happened kinda seemed like an unnecessary moment to let the slower viewers who might be confused catch up.
I must be one of the slower viewers because I am still not clear on what exactly killed her. Was it diet pills? Why?
If it had nothing to do with the bus crash, then why did House think Wilson would hate him?
Old 05-20-08, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The bus crash injuries combined with her flu pills to give her Adamantium poisoning and lupus.

das
Old 05-20-08, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Deftones
Wow. I thought it was a pretty powerful episode. I didn't like CTB but came to feel sorry, mostly for Wilson at the end. Him in the bed with her was pretty strong. Good episode and sets up for some great animosity between Wilson and House next season.
I agree, my GF was crying at the end over Wilson/Amber in bed and I felt really bad that Wilson lost his love and has his best friend to partially blame.

The only thing I didn't like about the whole Wilson/Amber relationship that it seemed kind of rushed; i'm sure the writer's strike played a role, but it seemed they went from dating to acting like they were married over a couple episodes.

I also enjoyed House admitting in his mind that he'd rather be dead then be so miserable and have his best friend hate him.
Old 05-20-08, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

The bus crash injuries combined with her flu pills to give her Adamantium poisoning and lupus.

das
It's never lupus!
Old 05-20-08, 01:35 AM

Ok, but didn't House know she was dying before the crash? That is why I was confused.
Old 05-20-08, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

das

They said she OD'ed on the adamntium pills?
Old 05-20-08, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Ok, but didn't House know she was dying before the crash? That is why I was confused.

No, I think it was the accident that triggered something, but I have no real clue hah.
Old 05-20-08, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
No, and that's what he figured out.

She died because she was taking Flu medication. The accident caused her kidneys to fail, and as such, the medication, which would normally filter through, bound with proteins (think thick gunk/"coagulated" oil running through an engine) in her system and destroyed her organs -- something that couldn't be treated with a machine dialysis. If you wanted to look at it another way, he put it together in his head and knew she was fucked the second the bus crashed, but after the head injury couldn't remember who or why he thought that.

And no, he just thought he knew (about it before the bus crash), but since everything was in retrospect, he wasn't sure when things happened.

I didn't like the electrodes to the brain bit, thought that was a bit over the top, but the rest of the episode worked great for me.

Last edited by RichC2; 05-20-08 at 01:50 AM.
Old 05-20-08, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I felt the episode where the dog died more emotional than this one...
Old 05-20-08, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

These 2 episodes were meant to be done during the season...not as a season finale. Wonder if they still would have killed off Amber?
Old 05-20-08, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Man. Fox must have had a stock in Kleenex tonight. Amber's death and its impact on Wilson (one of our favorite characters), combined with the loss of a beloved character on Bones. I think they were shooting for Must Cry TV...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.