Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

House---"Wilson's Heart"---SEASON FINALE PART II---5/19/08

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-08, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I think that was the first time I ever saw House cry. The question is was he crying because Amer was dying or that he lost his best friend?

I liked the scenese with Cuddy near him, she was holding his hands and was there when he first woke up.

I think they will get together next season.. it's time. And will make some sense since the Wilson House Breakup seems inevitable for the short term anyway.

Good season finale.. especially since the writers strike took away almost every shows mojo this 2nd half.
Old 05-20-08, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
House cried from the tragedy of it all, brought upon by his call (drunken state and all) to Wilson that started the whole chain of events that ended with Amber dying, and his realization of Wilson being lost to him as his best friend due to his part in the tragedy.
Old 05-20-08, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
I think they will get together next season.. it's time. And will make some sense since the Wilson House Breakup seems inevitable for the short term anyway.
I thought that too at first, but I think it would be bad in retrospect. Firstly, Cuddy would never do it because she is a professional and would realize she is House's boss before anything could happen. Secondly, I always felt that she and Wilson had a more complex and tighter bond - especially with the way they both obviously care about House.

I would like the show to move forward and dispense with the somewhat bloated cast. If they aren't going to use Chase and Cameron a lot more than they did this season, they should cut the actors loose and move on with the new team. Those two characters contributed almost nothing to this season - certainly not enough to retain them in the opening title sequence!
Old 05-20-08, 08:34 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Well my GF was in tears at the end.

I think the hardest part about the ending wasn't the audience's loss of Amber, but it was (at least for me) what it would be like to live for only an hour or so knowing that when you get tired and close your eyes it is all over.

Do you try to fight it and stay awake for as long as you can? - knowing that your eyes are getting irritated and heavy. Every blink you take sooths the burning in your eyes, so you try to keep them closed for a little bit longer each time.

Last edited by CPA-ESQ.; 05-20-08 at 08:41 AM.
Old 05-20-08, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
I think the hardest part about the ending wasn't the audience's loss of Amber, but it was (at least for me) what it would be like to live for only an hour or so knowing that when you get tired and close your eyes it is all over.
Except didn't Wilson turn off the life support machines that were keeping her alive so that she could die while "happy" instead of agonizingly waiting for her whole body to shut down?

I was kinda unclear about Wilson's rights to make any medical decisions for Amber. Shouldn't her family have been doing that?
Old 05-20-08, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
I was kinda unclear about Wilson's rights to make any medical decisions for Amber. Shouldn't her family have been doing that?
I'm not sure Wilson was actually making any medical decisions as family aside from the decision to move her. He made a lot of suggestions, and House cowed to most of them. However, Cuddy and Foreman went behind his back with no reservations, which isn't something Cuddy would do if Wilson had been a family member.
Old 05-20-08, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought it was a pretty good season finale. I like how they've set up a House/Wilson/Cuddy triangle for next season.

But is it just me or is Chase some sort of Super Surgeon (TM)? Need open heart surgery? No problem-o, send up the Bat Signal and here comes Chase. Organ transplant? Piece of cake for Chase. Brain surgery? Hey, just let him loose on that cranium. Is there anything this guy can't do?

I know they want to keep Chase on the show but the lengths they're going to are beyond ridiculous.
Old 05-20-08, 10:55 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by RichC2

She died because she was taking Flu medication. The accident caused her kidneys to fail, and as such, the medication, which would normally filter through, bound with proteins (think thick gunk/"coagulated" oil running through an engine) in her system and destroyed her organs -- something that couldn't be treated with a machine dialysis. If you wanted to look at it another way, he put it together in his head and knew she was fucked the second the bus crashed, but after the head injury couldn't remember who or why he thought that.
Her heart was damaged and the medicine would cause her heart to speed up leading her to have a massive heart attack. That's why she was on the bypass machine.
Old 05-20-08, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Oh yeah, it was the other organs were damaged and so she wouldn't be able to get a transplant. Whoops.
Old 05-20-08, 11:22 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Flave
Thought it was a pretty good season finale. I like how they've set up a House/Wilson/Cuddy triangle for next season.

But is it just me or is Chase some sort of Super Surgeon (TM)? Need open heart surgery? No problem-o, send up the Bat Signal and here comes Chase. Organ transplant? Piece of cake for Chase. Brain surgery? Hey, just let him loose on that cranium. Is there anything this guy can't do?

I know they want to keep Chase on the show but the lengths they're going to are beyond ridiculous.
And don't forget "medical hypnosis"!

So we never found out why House was out alone totally plastered at 5 p.m.?
But for that, CB would still be alive, so I can see why Wilson would be a little put off.
That whole waking her up to tell her she's about to die but so she can say goodbye was rough, and very well played by Wilson...
Old 05-20-08, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Flave

Wasn't Chase doing a lot of those things when he was on the team as well? I remember Chase performed brain surgery on Foreman as well. It probably just seems more ridiculous now that he's not part of the team.
Old 05-20-08, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by uteotw
So we never found out why House was out alone totally plastered at 5 p.m.?
Um... because he's House?
Old 05-20-08, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jay G.
Wasn't Chase doing a lot of those things when he was on the team as well? I remember Chase performed brain surgery on Foreman as well. It probably just seems more ridiculous now that he's not part of the team.
Correct. That was his specialty before and during his fellowship with House. Cameron's was auto-immune diseases and Foreman was the neurologist.
Old 05-20-08, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I didn't like that they woke her up either. The character isn't a loss either.

Also liked how they handled House's anguish/remorse over what he did to his bff.

Just get Cuddy and House together already.

RSL and Laurie did a great job this ep.
Old 05-20-08, 08:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rfduncan

I was only half paying attention to the episode, so i may have missed it, but where was her family?
Old 05-20-08, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm an easy mark for anything approaching "emotional", but this left me totally unmoved. They were going for gut-wrenching but what they had was mawkish, manipulative and melodramatic.
Old 05-20-08, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by orderandlaw
I was only half paying attention to the episode, so i may have missed it, but where was her family?
I liked the episode myself, but this bothered me too. I get that she and Wilson were into each other, but they've been dating for a matter of months. Does she not have family members or friends that might want to say goodbye to her...or at least know she's dying/dead?
Old 05-21-08, 07:02 AM

I agree about the amber-wilson plot getting to quick, but last night's episode is one of the best episode in TV .... Wilson's acting really delivers and so is the other casts.....
Old 05-21-08, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by boredsilly
I liked the episode myself, but this bothered me too. I get that she and Wilson were into each other, but they've been dating for a matter of months. Does she not have family members or friends that might want to say goodbye to her...or at least know she's dying/dead?
I'm assuming all her actual family were out of state and/or far enough away not to arrive in time, although they could've spent one line to actually explain this in the episode. As for friends, we know enough of her past to know she doesn't generate friendships that easily. The House team was probably the closest she had to friends.
Old 05-21-08, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
I felt the episode where the dog died more emotional than this one...
Me too, but it was overwhelming joy.

I thought it was a good and powerful episode tonight, personally.
Old 05-21-08, 02:00 PM

Anyone know if there'll be a 5th season?
Old 05-21-08, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Yes, it has already been confirmed. Plus, it's Fox's highest rated scripted show.
Old 05-21-08, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Based on a TVGuide interview months ago, CTB was never supposed to go anywhere beyond being the final cut for House's team, but because the audience seemed to like her so much, they brought her back as Wilson's girlfriend. Then, presto, an easy kill to ramp up emotion for the season finale.
Old 05-21-08, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I never understood why Amber didn't make the team but that boring-ass character Thirteen did.

It almost seemed like they threw in the bisexual thing in an attempt to make her more interesting.
Old 05-21-08, 08:55 PM

As my wife and I watched this last night, we wondered what type of emotion we were supposed to have for this dying character. Because we just wanted to fast forward her death scene.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.