DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Dancing with the Stars - (05/19/08 & 05/20/08) - Season 6 Finals! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/531826-dancing-stars-05-19-08-05-20-08-season-6-finals.html)

Goldberg74 05-19-08 07:42 AM

Dancing with the Stars - (05/19/08 & 05/20/08) - Season 6 Finals!

Episode 610a - Mon May 19 8/7c - 1 hour

Group Cha-Cha-Cha, Freestyle, Returning Stars' Dance, Favorite Dance of the Season. Here are the finalists:
  • Cristián & Cheryl
  • Jason & Edyta
  • Kristi & Mark

Episode 610b - Tues May 20 9/8c - 2 Hour
Season 6 champed gets crowned tonight!

Old threads and results:

big whoppa 05-19-08 06:01 PM

There is no way Kristi is going to lose.

zuffy 05-19-08 08:08 PM

Voted 5 times for Kristi. She's going home with the trophy baby!

magiccmom 05-19-08 09:10 PM

Kristi, Christian, Jason

I think Jason was really shown up tonight. Too bad, I really wanted it for Edyta. Kristy and Mark were amazing.

astrochimp 05-19-08 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by magiccmom
. Kristy and Mark were amazing.

Yeah they were and i think they put the exclamation point on why they are the best tonight.

Goldberg74 05-19-08 09:24 PM

I would love for Cheryl to win again, but like everyone else, I have to go with Kristi and Mark.

onebyone 05-19-08 09:27 PM

Kristi is going to win. She was always going to win and I wish her well. She seems nice, but she was always a ringer to me. It's just good that unlike past ringers she didn't screw it up with an attitude.

Regardless, I voted for Cristián de la Fuente & Cheryl Burke. Playing for second place baby.

PS Len's comments on Cristian's lifts really annoyed me and didnt flow with past seasons.

cmleidi 05-19-08 09:32 PM

I would like to see Cristián win. Kristi may be technically great, but I get no enjoyment from watching them. Jason is just a mess and he showed why he had no business being in the finals.

Patman 05-19-08 11:17 PM

I broke a sweat just watching Kristi and Mark's free style. The other 2 pairs looked like they were moving in slow motion.

jarofclay73 05-20-08 04:37 AM

This was not even close. I was expecting a bit of a letdown for Kristi. In recent weeks, she hasn't looked as exciting or crisp. But, tonight it was the opposite! SHE was the one with more energy and more pizzazz!

Really, the only equalizer is when Jason can dance ballroom and Cristian can do his Latin dances with no lifts.

I love Cristian but I thought his freestyle lacked creativity. I know he wanted to do a Latin dance but we've been doing Latin all year! Personally, I wanted to see something different. Even his Michael Jackson routine a few weeks back would have made a better freestyle routine.

mphtrilogy 05-20-08 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
I broke a sweat just watching Kristi and Mark's free style. The other 2 pairs looked like they were moving in slow motion.

Spectacular routine.

She was awesome and has clearly been the best with Taylor a distant 2nd.

DRG 05-20-08 09:40 AM

I thought they were a bit rough with Jason on the scores. I understand Kristi getting runaway scores, but I don't get Christian getting better scores than Jason unless you're factoring in overcoming the injury, which isn't really fair. Jason's lifts trumped Christian's hips.

tommyp007 05-20-08 09:52 AM

While I'm sure that Kristi will win, I voted 5 times for Cheryl's midriff....:drool:

Burgundy LaRue 05-20-08 12:47 PM

Kristi is a very good dancer and she seems nice enough, but I have a hard time cheering for her. Being that I felt the same way about her when she was skating, that's no surprise. But going on talent alone, Kristi will win. Cristian may make a contest out of it because of the injury plus he's a pretty charming guy.

cmleidi 05-20-08 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by DRG
I thought they were a bit rough with Jason on the scores. I understand Kristi getting runaway scores, but I don't get Christian getting better scores than Jason unless you're factoring in overcoming the injury, which isn't really fair. Jason's lifts trumped Christian's hips.

Jason's cha cha dance off was atrocious and was overscored. He messed up several times and couldn't keep up with the one-armed dancer! They kept saying to him, "It's a shame that was a Latin Dance." What's really a shame is that you have a performer in the finals who can't do half the dances. The judges wanted Taylor in the finals and they made sure of it.

Burgundy LaRue 05-20-08 12:59 PM

The final four should have been Kristi, Mario, Shannon, and Cristian. Shannon self-destructed with a bad attitude and Mario didn't have enough of a fanbase. If Mario was in the Top 3, I think he would have made it more of a competition against Kristi. I thought Mario got hosed, especially by Len calling him a gigolo and saying he had ugly feet.

big whoppa 05-20-08 04:00 PM

Kristi blew both of the guys out of the water. Mark is a better chereographer too. Cheryl just does the same tired stuff. It's too bad because she's been in every season but Edyta won't get the trophy this year.

The Cha Cha face off was a good idea. Very similar to their group dances though.

Red Dog 05-20-08 06:24 PM

I really wish we could have seen Mario and Karina freestyle in the Finals. :(

I'm kinda on Len's page. Not crazy about the hip hop dances.

Mark and Kristy's athleticism were impressive - obviously, Kristy's pairs skating experience helps tremendous. Frankly, however, their routine seemed to be all lifts and little dancing. :shrug: It seems like everyone does lifts for the sake of doing lifts, but I guess that's what grabs the attention of the viewers. I do think they deserve to win the trophy on their body of work over the season.

Cristian being handicapped forced them into mostly dancing, and as such, I enjoyed their freestyle more than the others.

I certainly enjoyed Edyta's lack of attire immensely, and I'm glad we actually got to see her do a freestyle for once. Also, can we get Mrs. Jason Taylor on the show next season?

I didn't care much for how they did the group dance - just not enough there. Obviously, Kristy's was the best though. I would much prefer a full dance routine with the same dance, same song.

Max Bottomtime 05-20-08 06:32 PM

I would be pleasantly shocked if one year a couple chose a real dance for their freestyle. It seems that the past couple of seasons have evolved into gymnastics floor routines with plenty of lifts and slip n slide through the legs. Although she couldn't keep up with the others in some dances, I would rather watch Jane Seymour perform a waltz.
http://www.tvguide.com/images/pgimg/...rs1127-421.jpg

Goldberg74 05-20-08 08:47 PM

:lol: Adam Carolla's "This is why the terrorists hate us..." speech.

"We've got gays, straights, and Guttenberg!"

Oh and I was saddened to see...
Spoiler:
Cristían voted out... but all I can say now is GO KRISTI!!!!!

onebyone 05-20-08 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Oh and I was saddened to see...
Spoiler:
Cristían voted out... but all I can say now is GO KRISTI!!!!!

Me too :thmbsdwn:

Oh well
Spoiler:
now when kristy wins I wont feel the slightest remote twinge of wishing it was someone else.

Red Dog 05-20-08 09:17 PM

rotfl at Carolla - the unicycle dance and the post-dance patriotic comments.

Red Dog 05-20-08 09:27 PM

So they talk to all the competitors after their encore dances except for Mario and Karina whom they blow off. Shocking. -rolleyes-

Red Dog 05-20-08 09:56 PM

If Jason Taylor was a Dallas Cowboy he probably would have won.

magiccmom 05-20-08 10:38 PM

Glad Kristy won. She deserved it. But seeing all those dances made me realize how underwhelmed I was this season, especially compared to last.