Reload this Page >

Directv: Black/Grey Recordings

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-15-08, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently, this is happening often and Directv is aware of it...
DBSTalk

First time for me... Dtv didn't record Boston Legal ... just got an hour of black screen and ABC.com isn't airing it nor is iTunes.
Grrrr.....
Old 05-15-08, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Things like this are why I will keep my DTiVos running until they pry them from my cold dead hands. A DVR that is not reliable 99.9% of the time is worthless.
Old 05-16-08, 01:10 AM

I have had this happen a few times this week, but with cable shows, Top Chef and Trading Spouses (on CMT).
Old 05-16-08, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've had this problem too. Most recently with Desperate Housewives last Sunday. Fortunately, I caught it 15 minutes in. No problem with Boston Legal this week for me.
Old 05-16-08, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

According to the DBSTalk forum, this didn't start happening until they did an update on 5/7. I didn't know that there was an update.

Also,

I don't know what good it's doing.. but they want you to register and fill out the form in that link in the first post.

Last edited by Septemberbaby; 05-16-08 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-16-08, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No problems yet on non recordings lately but mine have only been HD movie channels.

I am finally happy though one of the last few updates (not sure when) finally got rid of my damn 771 ERROR. Everyone kept stating it was a dish problem, wires, etc etc etc. Nobody could ever understand that I could get the channels but I had to switch to another sat first then back ... not that I had lost them forever.
Old 05-16-08, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This needs to be fixed & fast. I actually had something go back & reto blank itself out last week. I was watching AI from the list about 5 min after it started. No problems but once I caught up to live I started watching another recording. Went back 10 min later it's blank. Including the part I'd already watched.

I wonder if D* will let us out of our 2 year contracts if they can't provide a reliable DVR?

And that form linked over at dbstalk is just unnecessarily cumbersome. It almost seems like it's designed to discourage reports.