DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   LOST -- "There's No Place Like Home (Part One)" -- 05.15.2008 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/531570-lost-theres-no-place-like-home-part-one-05-15-2008-a.html)

hardercore 05-15-08 01:21 AM

LOST -- "There's No Place Like Home (Part One)" -- 05.15.2008

"There's No Place Like Home (Part One)"

Written By: Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse
Directed By Stephen Williams
First Aired May 15th, 2008

This is hour one of a three-hour finale to Season 4. Part Two will continue over two hours on May 29, 2008.

rfduncan 05-15-08 07:39 AM

Oh yeah, baby! :banana:

Quack 05-15-08 07:41 AM

Sweetness.....

RichC2 05-15-08 07:51 AM

These last two episodes (yes, I mean that ep from 2 weeks ago that played out more like an atmospheric horror movie more than anything) have me hyped up for this. I really love Lost when it fires on all cylinders, done right, it's some of the best executed television I've seen. Of course, when it's bad, it's just cheesy (the episode where they went on a shooting rampage (3 weeks ago?) fits this description), but still manages to be interesting.

DVD Josh 05-15-08 09:30 AM

My gut feeling is that tonight will be
Spoiler:
Claire's
episode, but no one really knows for sure.

The rest of your spoilers:

Spoiler:

# 04/28 - The face-off between the survivors and the freighter people begins. Guest starring are L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday, Ken Leung as Miles Straume, Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Kevin Durand as Keamy, Anthony Azizi as Omar, Andrea Gabriel as Noor "Nadia" Abed Jaseem, Byron Chung as Mr. Paik, June Kyoko Lu as Mrs. Paik, Lillian Hurst as Carmen Reyes, Cheech Marin as David Reyes, Veronica Hamel as Margo Shephard, Michelle Forbes as Karen Decker, Susan Duerden as Carole Littleton and Noah Craft as Hendricks. Source: ABC
# 04/24 - The Funeral Director from the Season 3 Finale, who was played by Nigel Gibbs, will be back for the Season 4 finale. Source: Lost Spoilers
# 04/23 - It's the funeral for [highlight if you want to be that spoiled...Christian Shephard...] Source: The Transmission
# 04/23 - Kate, Hurley, Sayid and Nadia greet each other and talk in a group at the top of the steps outside a church. Source: Pop Candy
# 04/09 - A big scene is being planned for filming currently involving the rescue. The Freighter people are NOT the ones that do the rescuing. The season finale will leave you ballistic as far as cliffhangers go. Source: Lost Spoilers
# 04/09 - Donna - Caucasian, 40s, blonde, pretty, Australian. Has had to deal with many set-backs in her life but is strong and has persevered. Now has to deliver painful and emotional news. Karen Decker - Any ethnicity, 30s to 40s, pretty, pleasant and sharp as a whip. She is a leader and quick-witted. Can manage difficult personalities with ease. Can hold sway three people in a room or a hundred in an audience. Millbanks - 30s to 50s, Australian, rugged, smart, works outdoors with his hands. The kind of guy you'd want with you to get out of a tough situation. Source: Lost Spoilers
# 04/06 - I do know the season finale is featuring a couple Australians. Donna, 40ish blonde and pretty, who has to deliver some bad news, and Millbanks, a tough outdoorsman. Whether that means it's Claire-centric, I do not know. Source: secretagentman at TWoP
# 03/17 - Cuse and Lindelof reveal: The finale will be a two parter. So it will be a traditional two hour story, split over two weeks. Source: DocArzt's Lost Blog

pinata242 05-15-08 10:43 AM

^ That list of guest stars is what makes this show so good. The consistency.

pinata242 05-15-08 10:50 AM

Oh, and how could I forget...
Spoiler:
Admiral Cain!

:banana:

FatTony 05-15-08 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by hardercore
Part Two will continue over two hours on May 29, 2008.

:hairpull:

Even though I already knew this, it's still the weakest of all sauces.

Patman 05-15-08 12:19 PM

I found out the new of the 2-hour finale on May 29 while seeing Evangeline Lilly on the Jimmy Kimmel show last night, wolfing down a Subway sandwich...mmm...got me hungry.

Rendle 05-15-08 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
My gut feeling is that tonight will be
Spoiler:
Claire's
episode, but no one really knows for sure.

Spoiler:
Tonight is an Oceanic 6 flashforward that takes place right after they get back featuring Christian Shepherd's funeral.

DVD Josh 05-15-08 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Rendle
Spoiler:
Tonight is an Oceanic 6 flashforward that takes place right after they get back featuring Christian Shepherd's funeral.

That's right. I meant the finale finale.

redrum 05-15-08 01:45 PM

not watching. 3 hour finale for me.

JayDerek 05-15-08 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by redrum

your self control is amazing. well done

Matthew Ackerly 05-15-08 03:05 PM

Yeah, really.. no way I'm waiting

aktick 05-15-08 03:57 PM

Waiting is for suckers...or really patient people, one or the other. :p

I can't wait a day or two, let alone 2 weeks.

Raul3 05-15-08 04:05 PM

The spoilers for the whole season finale are in the wild. I haven't read them but according to someone in another forum there's a lot of info. He mentioned some vague things that I won't mention here.
So either you be careful in the net the next couple of weeks or go and try to find all the info. But please, create an explicit thread for that.

DthRdrX 05-15-08 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by redrum

I'm not sure I could put three new hours of lost together in one night.

redrum 05-15-08 04:13 PM

lol ya i'm havin second thoughts now about waiting.

Shazam 05-15-08 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Raul3
The spoilers for the whole season finale are in the wild. I haven't read them but according to someone in another forum there's a lot of info. He mentioned some vague things that I won't mention here.
So either you be careful in the net the next couple of weeks or go and try to find all the info. But please, create an explicit thread for that.

I am lazy. Can you provide a linky?

hardercore 05-15-08 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Shazam

Your laziness is a good thing, it's just the universe telling you that you'll enjoy the finale much more without them.

TheNightFlier 05-15-08 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Shazam

A friend of mine who has to know everything before she watches sent me this site. I like being surprised though. Not sure if this is the one Raul is talking about though. I'll be extra, extra careful and spoil that too.

DarkestPhoenix 05-15-08 09:03 PM

I'm very excited for tonight's episode...!

But I'm not getting why any of them would lie...makes no sense. Once you touch down, tell a reporter the truth and boom, out in the open.

DthRdrX 05-15-08 09:51 PM

Ha! I called that he didnt know about Claire!

RichC2 05-15-08 09:53 PM

I actually said that right before she told him. "He still doesn't know somehow."

TheNightFlier 05-15-08 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Ha! I called that he didnt know about Claire!

Are you referring to the "you're not even related line?"