DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Bones "The Wannabe in the Weeds" 5/12/08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/531422-bones-wannabe-weeds-5-12-08-a.html)

Gizmo 05-12-08 11:22 PM

Bones "The Wannabe in the Weeds" 5/12/08

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n...nt=Bones-1.jpg

Spoiler:
Brennan and Booth investigate the murder of aspiring singer, and Booth attracts a groupie.

Next week is the Season Finale. Bones comes back in late August with new episodes.

Gizmo 05-12-08 11:23 PM

Great episode. Glad to see they are going to wrap up the Gorgamon (spelling?) case next week.

Nick Martin 05-12-08 11:49 PM

Did NOT see that ending coming. Damn.

kvrdave 05-13-08 12:09 AM

Glad this wasn't the season finale. I want some closure with that ending. :lol:

One of my favorite shows. Zach reminded me of Dennis Day with how he sang.

TheKing 05-13-08 07:11 AM

Between this and House, FOX really delivered one hell of a night of TV. Well, maybe the episode wasn't that out of the ordinary, but that curve they threw at the end was great, something this show doesn't do very often. They set it up, but I thought it would be Bones getting hit. Great twist having her get the shot off, as it plays off her wanting a gun since the first season.

Next week should be interesting, Booth possibly out of commission for the shocker, leaving Bones in danger...but we'll see.

rfduncan 05-13-08 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by TheKing
...but that curve they threw at the end was great, something this show doesn't do very often. They set it up, but I thought it would be Bones getting hit. Great twist having her get the shot off, as it plays off her wanting a gun since the first season.

Amen. And what blew me away was her attending to Booth and without flinching, grabbed his service weapon, squeezed off a killshot without blinking and immediately returned her attention to Booth. Awesome, awesome sequence. My jaw was on the floor!

I have at this point so forgotten about every aspect of the Gormagon thing that I'd forgotten it was still going on...

aintnosin 05-13-08 02:12 PM

I'm think it's "Gormagon."

Mr. Salty 05-13-08 04:29 PM

Loved the episode, but they missed a great opportunity to cast Andy Hallett as the owner of the nightclub. ("Angel" fans know who I mean.)

Nick Martin 05-13-08 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
Loved the episode, but they missed a great opportunity to cast Andy Hallett as the owner of the nightclub. ("Angel" fans know who I mean.)

Hallett has completely vanished into thin air since the show ended, which is a shame. Would have been great casting, true.

There have been so many actors from ANGEL and Buffy who have appeared on this show it simply cannot be a coincidence. TJ Thyne was on ANGEL in its last year. Even this episode - the guy in the club with the thick mustache was in the Buffy season 1 episode 'Never Kill a Boy On the First Date' playing that crazy-talking guy who was turned into a vampire in an attack on a bus. (he was speaking nonsense about pork and beans, and having the Lord or something else being risen in him.)

I know the Gormagon won't be this person, but it would be the ULTIMATE and best possible choice to
Spoiler:
bring back Jonathan Adams (Dr. Goodman from season 1) and have him be the Gormagon killer. That would beat anything they could come up with, and would make more sense than having Sweets be the killer. Goodman's the perfect candidate given his admiration and respect for cultural artifacts, customs and history. Instead, it's likely to be Sweets, since the killer is supposed to be a regular on the show and he is the likeliest candidate simply because he's so harmless and innocent-looking/acting. Goodman would be a far better choice, and a far more personal one to the team he mentored.
But we all know THAT won't happen. Shame.