DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   One tree hill "Hate is safer than love" 5/12/08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/531396-one-tree-hill-hate-safer-than-love-5-12-08-a.html)

Bluelitespecial 05-12-08 01:34 PM

One tree hill "Hate is safer than love" 5/12/08

Spoiler:
Lucas is crushed by devastating news. Quentin is pushed to his limits during a Ravens game. Dan's is second on the donor recipient list to get a new heart. Haley thinks about her decision to release a new album while Brooke's baby undergoes emergency surgery and a shocking truth stuns Peyton, told by Lucas.

I am starting to wonder if I should even bother with a weekly thread anymore. We will see if its any good.

DJariya 05-12-08 01:36 PM

Isn't next week the season finale? I'm actually looking forward to seeing these final 2 episodes. The promos for this episode make it look like Lucas and Peyton may be re-connecting once again.

Bluelitespecial 05-12-08 01:39 PM

Yes tv.com says next week is the season finale.

Gizmo 05-12-08 01:41 PM

You don't like capitalizing do you?

SexualPudding 05-12-08 01:48 PM

lol

Red Dog 05-12-08 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
The promos for this episode make it look like Lucas and Peyton may be re-connecting once again.

Ugh. So very tired.

SexualPudding 05-12-08 02:57 PM

As tired as the Lucas/Peyton thing is, I would still much rather see that than the "Brooke and baby" story, which is complete and utter shit.

kenage 05-12-08 08:20 PM

I agree about the Brooke and baby story SexualPudding. How are they going to write it so she keeps the baby? If she turns it back will they give her a "real" one because she did so well with the "fake" one?

Bluelitespecial 05-12-08 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
the "Brooke and baby" story, which is complete and utter shit.

I know the characters are supposed to be grown up now, but how can 22 year old Brooke want to be a mom. What a waste of her character. I wonder if Dan will drop dead next week. And please find something to do with Deb.

bigjim25 05-12-08 09:41 PM

Spoiler:
Skillz & Deb - It's about time. He's had a thing for her since he's come on the show. :up:

Red Dog 05-13-08 07:57 AM

Way to tap that GILF, Booker T. :thumbsup:

That, the basketball game, Mouth protecting Lucas, and Dan were the only good parts of the episode.

boogieman03 05-13-08 08:18 AM

Atta boy Skillz!

Dayum, that was some pretty cold shit Lucas said to Peyton at the end.

Patman 05-13-08 08:20 AM

For a writer, Lucas sure can't read the writing on the wall.

My man, Skillz!

Gizmo 05-13-08 10:08 AM

Did they really need to do the whole "18 hours earlier" thing? Lame.

SexualPudding 05-13-08 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Did they really need to do the whole "18 hours earlier" thing? Lame.

Indeed it was. Usually when shows pull that shit there is at least some sort of big event which it is building towards.

Ayre 05-14-08 06:19 AM

I enjoyed the episode. Not sure why. I agree with everyones criticism, but I thought the episode told the small stories rather well. They didn't dwell on one story for too long and everyone got some face time.

DJariya 05-14-08 01:10 PM

Good episode, but the promo was really deceiving.......It showed Lucas and Peyton in an intimate situation in the bed room and that never happened. I assume that was a deleted scene, but why was that in the promo?

It's interesting to see the character change Deb has gone through over the years. She was 1st a responsible and loving Mom/wife, a drunk and pill addict and now she's a sex-starved vixen......but that doesn't bother me....Barbara Alyn Woods is still hot at age 46.

B.A. 05-14-08 01:18 PM

This show is okay when Chad Micheal Murray isn't on-screen. When he is - it goes from cheesy to shit in a milli-second.

Barbara Alyn Woods looks like shit, particulalry compared to when the show first started. The wife and I were commenting last night that she has had too much work done.

Axeramm 05-14-08 06:05 PM

So which girl do we think he calls to go to Vegas? Or is it a curve ball and he is calling a guy just to get away for the weekend?

Gizmo 05-14-08 07:19 PM

Brooke. Guaranteed.