Reload this Page >

House--"House's Head"--Season Finale Part 1---5/12/08

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

House--"House's Head"--Season Finale Part 1---5/12/08

Old 05-13-08, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheKing
They always seem to deliver great episodes at the end. Three Stories from Season 1, the season 2 finale, now this episode, they've done it again. Trippy like the season 2 finale, interesting sorytelling, a twist ending, and Cutty as a stripper. It had something for everyone.
Agree, especially w/ Three Stories. By far my favorite episode of the series. I've posted about recent episodes about the fact that it's declining IMO, but I really liked this episode. Where's the large screencaps of Cuddy, anyone?
Old 05-13-08, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
And I didn't even recognize it was Fred Durst.
I didn't know it was him until this thread.

Entertaining ep.

Strippers fit right in w/ this show.

Lisa Edelstein has a nice case of the sexy.
Old 05-13-08, 06:14 PM

I know I am in the minority but I hope they do not bring the Amber character back next season.
Old 05-13-08, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cuddy is 42? Damn. She has the body of a 26 year old. Simply amazing.

This ep rocked. I was surprised that the status quo hasn't reverted back to the original doctors, but I rather enjoy the new set. Chase's act wore especially thin by the end.
Old 05-13-08, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I almost blew out my tonsils when House referred to the bus driver as "Lalph Clamden"

Superior episode, but I could see the Amber thing coming up 5th avenue.
Old 05-13-08, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The last thing I saw was House telling 13 that she was Jane Doe 2. What happened after that?

Cuddy? DAAAMMMMNNNN! I personally find JM, OW and AD more attractive, but I would mind getting it on with LE. Wowsers.

Screencaps and video of Cuddy's strip

Who was Fred Durst? I honestly didn't recognize him at all and didn't know about him until this thread.

Patman, I think this was the first time that we heard 13's last name.
Old 05-13-08, 11:15 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally Posted by zekeburger1979

Who was Fred Durst?
The bartender who took House's keys
Old 05-13-08, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
The last thing I saw was House telling 13 that she was Jane Doe 2. What happened after that?
If you're referring to when they first got on the bus and assigned people:

House ODed on Alzheimer's meds and had a halucination where he talked with the "mystery woman" on the bus. She kept asking him "what's my name?" and "what's my necklace made of?" alternately, until House answered, for both questions, "Amber." The mystery woman turns into Amber (aka "Cutthroat Bitch").

Then House flashed back to right before the accident; Amber was with him on the bus when it got hit. We see the accident from inside the bus as it's tipped over, skids along the ground, and even hits another vehicle.

After the bus stops moving, House crawls over the Amber, who has a pole through her leg. He takes a red scarf from around her neck and ties it around her leg ("I'm cold." "Stay with me."). House then passes out for a bit. When he comes to, Amber is being carried out by firemen. House gets up and walks out of the wreck. An EMT checks him real quick and points him in the general direction of help, which is also in the same general direction as the strip joint House wanders into.

At this point, in the real world his friends are performing CPR on him since his OD caused his heart to stop. He's revived and tells them that Amber was on the bus. He asks Wilson when the last time he heard from Wilson, at which point Wilson slowly realizes that she hasn't returned his last few calls... House tells 13 to read Jane Doe's description, which includes a birthmark that identifies her to Wilson. House identifies her as the one who's going to die and he has to save.

On another board, someone pointed out that the mystery woman appears after Chase tells House to ignore Amber in his remembrance of the bar. The hypnotic suggestion causes House to blank out Amber in his memories, but creates the mystery woman because his subconscious knows that she's the answer. Thus why House had trouble identifying the necklace.
Old 05-13-08, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
[Fred Durst was] the bartender who took House's keys
Which leads me to believe he may have a bigger part next week as House and crew go to the bar to try and further unravel what led to House and Amber both being on the bus.
Old 05-13-08, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jay G.
If you're referring to when they first got on the bus and assigned people:

House ODed on Alzheimer's meds and had a halucination where he talked with the "mystery woman" on the bus. She kept asking him "what's my name?" and "what's my necklace made of?" alternately, until House answered, for both questions, "Amber." The mystery woman turns into Amber (aka "Cutthroat Bitch").

Then House flashed back to right before the accident; Amber was with him on the bus when it got hit. We see the accident from inside the bus as it's tipped over, skids along the ground, and even hits another vehicle.

After the bus stops moving, House crawls over the Amber, who has a pole through her leg. He takes a red scarf from around her neck and ties it around her leg ("I'm cold." "Stay with me."). House then passes out for a bit. When he comes to, Amber is being carried out by firemen. House gets up and walks out of the wreck. An EMT checks him real quick and points him in the general direction of help, which is also in the same general direction as the strip joint House wanders into.

At this point, in the real world his friends are performing CPR on him since his OD caused his heart to stop. He's revived and tells them that Amber was on the bus. He asks Wilson when the last time he heard from Wilson, at which point Wilson slowly realizes that she hasn't returned his last few calls... House tells 13 to read Jane Doe's description, which includes a birthmark that identifies her to Wilson. House identifies her as the one who's going to die and he has to save.

On another board, someone pointed out that the mystery woman appears after Chase tells House to ignore Amber in his remembrance of the bar. The hypnotic suggestion causes House to blank out Amber in his memories, but creates the mystery woman because his subconscious knows that she's the answer. Thus why House had trouble identifying the necklace.
Thanks Jay for the extremely quick and thorough response!
Old 05-14-08, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts
This was definitely one of the better episodes of the series!

Perhaps it was obvious to others, but I didn't get the Amber reveal until House was starting at the pendant bouncing back and forth.

Also, some really amazing visuals with the bus crash! We'll see how next week goes, but I'm pleased with how the season has turned out.
Old 05-14-08, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GradVT06
Where's the large screencaps of Cuddy, anyone?
That wouldn't be very family friendly, now would it?
Old 05-14-08, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by orangecrush18
That wouldn't be very family friendly, now would it?
It did air after 9pm. Not exactly the "family friendly" hour is it. Think of the children...
Old 05-14-08, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Timber
It did air after 9pm. Not exactly the "family friendly" hour is it. Think of the children...
Hence the "Viewer Discretion Advised" message before both this and Bones.
Old 05-14-08, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I didn't catch the Amber thing until she actually showed up. I guess i'm dense
Old 05-14-08, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts
Ummmm.... I was thinking that a lot of the closeups of Cuddy's pole dance were done by a body double. Particularly those shots where there was an edit just as the camera was panning up toward her face. It was definitely her for the profile shots, but the shots where it was just skin? I have some doubts.

I guess I just need to see Lisa Edelstein up close to know for certain.
Old 05-14-08, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fumanstan
I didn't catch the Amber thing until she actually showed up. I guess i'm dense
I didn't get it either, so don't feel too bad. Or just know I'm as dense as you are.

And yeah, I think there was probably a bit of body double action too, but it wasn't necessary. She looked great from what I could see of her full body shots.
Old 05-14-08, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Great episode. The was probably one of the best episodes of the series. If I heard Cuddy correctly, I believe 13's real name was "Dr. Hadley?"

I can now see why this was probably one of the most expensive episodes the show has ever produced. The visual effects on the bus crash were quite amazing.
Old 05-14-08, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by kenbuzz
Ummmm.... I was thinking that a lot of the closeups of Cuddy's pole dance were done by a body double. Particularly those shots where there was an edit just as the camera was panning up toward her face. It was definitely her for the profile shots, but the shots where it was just skin? I have some doubts.
I concur.
Old 05-14-08, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
I concur.
It's her. She studied stripping for the scene.
Old 05-14-08, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hell... until I looked up "Fred Durst" I thought y'all were talking about the kid from =The Wonder Years=, who was also Peter Falk's grandson in =Princess Bride=

I was thinking... damn! He's really aged poorly!
Old 05-14-08, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by johnnysd
It's her. She studied stripping for the scene.
I think we are all going to need visual evidence before we believe this.
Old 05-14-08, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jay G.
Which leads me to believe he may have a bigger part next week as House and crew go to the bar to try and further unravel what led to House and Amber both being on the bus.
I'd be surprised. House was on the bus because he got too drunk to drive his bike - the barkeep took his keys. Why he got drunk - who knows? I'm guessing Amber was there because she followed him (revealed when he was "seeing" himself in the bar with Wilson and Amber showed up), and she saw to it that he got on the bus - which would be why she there to be injured during the accident.
Old 05-14-08, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bet Amber has had feelings for House all along and formed the 'relationship' with Wilson in an effort to get back in House's life. I suspect in the next episode, this will come out or Wilson will figure it out and it will lead to the destruction of House and Wilson's friendship, possibly for good
Old 05-14-08, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Great episode. The was probably one of the best episodes of the series. If I heard Cuddy correctly, I believe 13's real name was "Dr. Hadley?"
Was her grandfather a captain?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.