Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

How I Met Your Mother - 05/12/08 - "Everything Must Go"

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-08, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I'm one of the few that thought it was good. Loved the red boots thing.

Wife and I thought Britney did a pretty good job playing a wackjob. Or, she could have just been being herself...
Old 05-13-08, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Walker Boh
At least the vet was funny ... I always enjoy his bits on the Daily Show.
Wasn't he also "Mr. Brown" from Diversity Day at The Office?

I liked the episode, and didn't mind Britney. Seemed consistent with what was established about her character the first time around. I think people are just averse to her by default cuz of all the media coverage about her.
Old 05-13-08, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Can someone please recap what happened during the pre-credit sequence? For some reason my Tivo recording only started at the opening credits and I caught there was a second of a scene with Barney & Britney.
Now that you mention it, mine did that too. I'd forgotten about that. I figured they started airing it a minute early.
Old 05-13-08, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IIRC, they basically recapped the plot where Barney gets slapped by all of the girls that he hits on after leaving them alone for a moment. As Lily told him before, a blonde girl talks to them when they are alone, and when Barney comes back, they slap him. Finally when he sees the blonde girl leaving after another girl slaps him, he chases her to a cab and realizes that it is Abby.
Old 05-13-08, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
Could there be a worse actor?
Chad Michael Murray
Old 05-13-08, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Jadz - My Tivo missed a beat at the beginning, too.

Pretty much an ep that revolves around Marshall and Lily is ho-hum at best.

Last edited by B.A.; 05-13-08 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-13-08, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
IIRC, they basically recapped the plot where Barney gets slapped by all of the girls that he hits on after leaving them alone for a moment. As Lily told him before, a blonde girl talks to them when they are alone, and when Barney comes back, they slap him. Finally when he sees the blonde girl leaving after another girl slaps him, he chases her to a cab and realizes that it is Abby.
Huh, you're right. I'd forgotten all about that.
Old 05-13-08, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kal-El
Wasn't he also "Mr. Brown" from Diversity Day at The Office?

I liked the episode, and didn't mind Britney. Seemed consistent with what was established about her character the first time around. I think people are just averse to her by default cuz of all the media coverage about her.
He was. Being the ridiculously huge office fan I am, that scene was actually the highlight of the episode for me. Great actor IMO.

Also, with all of Britney's media aside (I don't keep up with it at all - it took me almost a week to realize she shaved her head last year, it made for some weird conversations until I knew lol) she is still a sucky actress in my opinion. Very high-school playish. Over all though, "Mr. Brown" and Ted saved the episode from disaster for me, and some occasional Barney lines. A downer, but hopefully a good episode next week.
Old 05-13-08, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
They seemed to have lost site of finding that mother...
Now that they will be back for another season, they better get a move-on in this plot. They almost got clipped this year without even being close to a resolution.
Old 05-13-08, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Tape The Big Bang Theory also and your Tivos won't miss the beginning when they start early.
Old 05-14-08, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Now that they will be back for another season, they better get a move-on in this plot. They almost got clipped this year without even being close to a resolution.
Has it officially been renewed for next year? I must have missed that news as last I heard it was still on the bubble, but it has a greater than 50% chance of being back.

With respect to plot of "the mother", next week's episode:
Spoiler:
next week's description- An accident causes Ted to re-evaluate his life and his relationship with Stella.

Who knows if that advances that plot, but it could. I wonder if they didn't want to get to it so quickly that people will get bored/stop watching once she is revealed. I wouldn't, but some might.

I pretty much started watching this season and recently watched S1 and S2 on DVD... I wish they'd give him more of his catch-phrases- suit up, snowsuit up, flight-suit up, use of the word "awsesome", etc. Or maybe because I watched those seasons episodes all in a row instead of one per week it just seems like they don't.
Old 05-14-08, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
Yes, it has been renewed.
Old 05-14-08, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Fielding Mellish
Beyond the overall mediocrity of this episode, the over-the-top gay couple made me wince. It was like something straight from the '70s.
Yeah, I didn't appreciate that much either. It would have been one thing if the couple had been 50+, but they looked to be in their 30s.
Old 05-14-08, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
Yeah, I didn't appreciate that much either. It would have been one thing if the couple had been 50+, but they looked to be in their 30s.
You mean you don't call girls about your age "honey". I don't believe it.