DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Aliens in American has been canceled, Reaper looks good for renewal (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/531272-aliens-american-has-been-canceled-reaper-looks-good-renewal.html)

Gizmo 05-10-08 12:55 PM

Aliens in American has been canceled, Reaper looks good for renewal

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...iens/800039306

Someone alert the nice folks at the MIA Network — some fresh product's headed their way.

I just got the unofficial official word that one of this season's best new comedies, Aliens in America, has been axed. Despite rave reviews when it debuted last fall, the CW laffer went largely ignored by viewers. Which sucks for them, because they missed out on a fantastic little show.

I've got better news for fans of another CW comedy, Reaper. I'm told it's "90 percent likely" that it'll be on the network's fall sked.

nodeerforamonth 05-10-08 02:00 PM

I LOVE Reaper! Certainly hope it gets renewed! Wish more people would watch it... Fantastic show.

Scott27 05-10-08 02:09 PM

Good news about Reaper. Let's hope it turns out to be true.

Red Dog 05-10-08 07:32 PM

A-holes.

lwhy? 05-10-08 08:07 PM

I really enjoyed Aliens in America. I knew from the beginning that it would only have one season. People just weren't watching it. Hopefully, we might get a dvd release.

Nth Power 05-10-08 08:22 PM

Reaper is really great. I hope that 90% turns into 100%.

calhoun07 05-11-08 01:35 AM

Aliens in America would be an awesome show to pick up on DVD. There are some I watched on TV three times (first run and then if they got rerun a couple more times) and enjoyed them each time. Bummer it was stuck on a crap network like CW.

calhoun07 05-11-08 01:36 AM

Aliens in America would be an awesome show to pick up on DVD. There are some I watched on TV three times (first run and then if they got rerun a couple more times) and enjoyed them each time. Bummer it was stuck on a crap network like CW. The show was too good for the network.

TheKing 05-11-08 03:19 AM

If Reaper survives, I'll still have a reason to watch something on the CW after SmackDown! moves to an even crappier network.

Michael Corvin 05-11-08 08:37 AM

I thought someone posted in the last Reaper thread that it had been picked up. ??

mdc3000 05-11-08 10:33 AM

I love Aliens in America so I'm pissed about that. Every week is just as funny and smart as the last one and I really enjoy that show. Damn shame no one else watched it :(

I thought Reaper started off suck and now it's one of my favourite shows, so a big sigh of relief on this news!

nightwing82 05-11-08 10:56 AM

I really enjoyed Aliens in America as well (thought, I too figured it would be canceled).

Jadzia 05-11-08 11:08 AM

I really enjoyed Aliens in America as well, but these last few new episodes they have been airing lately haven't been as good. I wondered if the show was running out of steam.

Plus I had always wondered how the series could last very long anyway. An exchange student usually only stays for a school year.

Gizmo 05-11-08 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by TheKing
If Reaper survives, I'll still have a reason to watch something on the CW after SmackDown! moves to an even crappier network.

CW may be a crappy network, but Smackdown! is hardly quality TV :lol:

calhoun07 05-12-08 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I really enjoyed Aliens in America as well, but these last few new episodes they have been airing lately haven't been as good. I wondered if the show was running out of steam.

Plus I had always wondered how the series could last very long anyway. An exchange student usually only stays for a school year.

Fez was an exchange student on That 70's Show for 8 years. And MASH let the Korean War run for 11. TV is not known for sticking to strict real life time lines and rules.

orangecrush 05-12-08 10:08 AM

I was just talking about Reaper with my wife and in-laws last night. My wife said something I found funny: "Every time I go to watch something and I see reaper, I always watch it last. Then when I am watching it, I remember how funny it is and how much I like it."

Renee 05-12-08 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by orangecrush18
I was just talking about Reaper with my wife and in-laws last night. My wife said something I found funny: "Every time I go to watch something and I see reaper, I always watch it last. Then when I am watching it, I remember how funny it is and how much I like it."

That's true for us, as well. Reaper still feels like a half hour show, and the fact that it's an hour usually means it waits on the Tivo while "more pressing" hour shows are viewed immediately. When we get around to watching it, we get really into it and wonder how we let so many pile up.

Lately, it's gotten really good and I'm glad to hear it looks likely to be renewed.

Rogue588 05-12-08 08:37 PM

If only the CW had given AIA the whole "OMFG" Gossip Girl push. Maybe the kidz would've noticed it then.. -ohbfrank-

Gizmo 05-12-08 08:38 PM

Reaper has been renewed for 13 episodes.

Michael Corvin 05-12-08 09:56 PM

:lol: I'm the same way. I had about 5 backed up, finally went to watch one and ended up doing a marathon of all 5.

orangecrush 05-14-08 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Reaper has been renewed for 13 episodes.

Super! I really hope we get to know why Sam's dad ripped out the pages and burned them.

MrE 05-14-08 10:25 AM

Super! I really hope we get to know why Sam's dad ripped out the pages and burned them.

Last night's episode may have answered that. Great news. I'm still 2 for 2 (Supernatural) on the CW.

macnorton 05-14-08 10:28 AM

Sadly Reaper started out strong and then hit a state of being mediocre. Aliens In America on the other hand was hot right from the start and it is a shame it will be gone. I also agree with another poster, this show would be great on DVD, it would go nice with Arrested Development.

B.A. 05-14-08 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by macnorton
Sadly Reaper started out strong and then hit a state of being mediocre.

I think it has been great since it came back, particularly the last month.

Easily my favorite new show. The cast has great chemistry and it looks like they are having fun on screen.

A-aron 05-14-08 01:51 PM

Sad that it won't be back until mid-season, but at least it will be back. This show belongs on Fox where it might actually get an audience.