DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites - **Season Finale - Sunday, May 11th** (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/531231-survivor-micronesia-fans-vs-favorites-%2A%2Aseason-finale-sunday-may-11th%2A%2A.html)

auto 05-09-08 04:48 PM

Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites - **Season Finale - Sunday, May 11th**

http://community.tvguide.com/servlet...822&crop=false

Episode Title:
Spoiler:
Stir the Pot!!

Episode Description:
Spoiler:
It started as an epic battle betweens Fans and Favorites. But after game-ending injuries and blindsides, it turned into a battle with both the elements and each other. Only one will have survived it all to win the one million dollar prize. Find out who it is... LIVE! One Favorite reaches her breaking point and after being blindsided, Ozzy is bursting with emotions - some bitter, some adoring - and gets all his feelings out in the open, leaving everyone stunned.

aktick 05-09-08 05:05 PM

I'll go with Amanda. I think if she makes the final 3, she's the favorite, and she has as good of a shot as anybody at winning final immunity.

Teeth is interesting, because while she may be a bitch, I don't think she's pissed off anybody other than James and Ozzy, has she? So if she makes the final 3, she might have a shot.

Cirie has, IMO, played the best mental/strategic game. According to Wikipedia, she's only received 1 vote the entire game, so obviously she's flown under the radar. I would actually probably vote for her, even though I might not like her.

Natalie is clearly an unlikeable bitch to anybody who has had the luxury of watching it on TV, but apparently the people in the game don't think so? She is the only person yet to receive a single vote...hopefully she gets 3 in the first hour Sunday.

If nothing else, this season could have a close final vote.

dolphinboy 05-09-08 05:52 PM

Anyone else think that CBS is telegraphing 2 of the final 3 in their title description by alluding to certain good and bad things Ozzy expresses?

Spoiler:
wouldn't the good comments be for Amanda and the bad for Parvati? Nonetheless, I hate when jury members rant about backstabbing, it's part of the game.

mwbmis 05-09-08 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Anyone else think that CBS is telegraphing 2 of the final 3 in their title description by alluding to certain good and bad things Ozzy expresses?

Spoiler:
wouldn't the good comments be for Amanda and the bad for Parvati? Nonetheless, I hate when jury members rant about backstabbing, it's part of the game.

Spoiler:
I agree to an extent, but Ozzy has a case with Parvati that most others don't. She WAS his friend outside of the game. They were pretty close, and they had a game agreeement to get to final five and then "may the best person win". From his point of view, she used their outside friendship to better herself and then cut him loose. Remember Ozzy went to bat for her early in the game when she was Penner's number one target. It is part of the game, but based on Ozzy's post show comments they aren't friends anymore, and I wonder if Parvati will think it was worth it if she doesn't win.

aktick 05-09-08 07:12 PM

Did Natalie have some work done that went wrong? Yuk.

Goat3001 05-10-08 01:37 AM

This is a tough call. It seems that on the surface that Natalie is the odd one out since she HAS to win immunity to stay in the game. However, Parvati and Cirie have been playing a smart game and they both know that Amanda is the biggest threat to them. Cirie is also a threat but I don't think anyone sees her that way.

I can see two final 3 scenarios:

Amanda, Parvarti and Cirie
I think the voting will go like this:
Eliza -- Cirie (in the original alliance together)
Ozzie -- Amanda
James -- Amanda
Jason -- Amanda
Alexis -- Parvati (She was a friend to Alexis the whole game and we don't know if she knows that Parvati was the one that chose to vote her off)
Erik -- Amanda (he doesn't seem to be bitter about losing and he might cite how well Amanda played him)
Natalie -- Parvati

Giving Amanda the win...

Or a final three of Natalie, Cirie and Parvati:
Eliza: Cirie
Ozzy: Natalie
James: Cirie (but I can see him caving and voting for Parv)
Jason: Natalie (he doesn't know how big of a bitch she is)
Alexis: Natalie
Erik: Cirie (if he votes for Natalie, it will once again cement his place as dumbest survivor ever)
Amanda: Parvati or Cirie... this depends on how Amanda is voted out. If Parv stabs her in the back she'll vote for Cirie. If Parv plays it out right she'll get Amanda's vote.

This one is more up in the air but I'd give it to Cirie in the end.

And in case it does go to Parvarti, Amanda and Natalie...
Eliza: Natalie
Ozzy: Amanda
James: Amanda
Jason: Amanda
Alexis: Natalie
Erik: Amanda
Cirie: Parvati

Wolf359 05-10-08 02:11 AM

I don't care what anybody says, love her or hate her, Ciire really deserves to win this one. God forbid its Teeth.

Joeboo835 05-10-08 01:28 PM

Amanda will win.
Cirie deserves to win
Natalie is a darkhorse in case the editors are playing with us.

girlnextdoor 05-11-08 12:07 AM

I think Cirie will win if she makes it to the final 3.

Goldberg74 05-11-08 04:45 PM

Due to crap I read in the other thread:

Spoiler:
I really hope that what Eric might have let slip in that interview was false, in that he "would have voted for Amanda if she had made it."

I'm pulling for ANYONE but Natalie.

It'll be interesting to see the reunion show and I wonder if they will put Penner in between Joel and Chet. ;)

Red Dog 05-11-08 04:51 PM

It's hard to guess since I don't know if it will be a F2 or F3. For example, if a F3, I can't imagine Amanda and Cirie, despite their apparent alliance to a F3, wanting the other in F3, since they appear to be the 2 favorites. If it is a F3, I'll say Amanda since I think she should fare better in an physical-endurance final challenge than Cirie. If it's a F2, it gives Natalie a much better chance if she can win immunity and get Parv through with her.

auto 05-11-08 06:57 PM

For the record, my money's on Amanda panda.

Patman 05-11-08 07:22 PM

Yes!

Spoiler:
Amanda
won immunity and makes it into the final 3.

zuffy 05-11-08 07:51 PM

I hope Amanda win but God she's really fucking dumb and nieve with the argument with Cirie.

Bill Needle 05-11-08 08:01 PM

It's hard to find anyone to actually root <i>for</i> on Team Sappho, but though I thought I couldn't actually like Natalie less before tonight I was wrong. I'll have to go with pulling for Amanda, though props to Cirie for going from the obvious first out in her original season to probably the top pure strategist (did the most with the least to offer) this season.

Patman 05-11-08 08:11 PM

Second immunity challenge results are in:

Spoiler:
Yes! Amanda wins again! Now it's just a matter who she boots to the jury, and hope that decision doesn't cost her the $1 million

Goat3001 05-11-08 08:14 PM

Wow, Amanda just looks like she's going to break down at Tribal. What she's going through must be tough, coming on 80 days (China + Micronesia) away from home playing the game. She didn't even look happy to win that last immunity challenge.

I'm pretty sure Parvati gave up on that challenge. Being the spot where your single vote eliminates someone is not where you want to be unless you have to. Parvarti knew that they both would rather go to the final two with her than with each other so she quit and now she doesn't have to make a choice that could lose her a jury vote.

This has been a great season and it looks like Amanda will win the million.

I loved them throwing the final two instead of three. I'm sure the producers decided that late in the game.

edytwinky 05-11-08 08:25 PM

Looks to me like Amanda's got it locked in the bad. She deserves it

.....but please Amanda stop with the droopy and sad face. It's getting OLD!!!

Patman 05-11-08 08:27 PM

Oh damn, I am not sure she made the right decision in keeping Parvati over Cirie.

It's going to be hard to get 5 votes on the jury. And what happens in a tie? Fire-building?

zuffy 05-11-08 08:28 PM

I am so sick of Amanda with her fucking crying. Oh please, you don't feel bad blindsiding someone but when it comes to confrontation, you cry like a stupid bitch. She lucky she still got my vote since she is still more likeable than Teeth.

Goat3001 05-11-08 08:34 PM

I don't think Amanda has it "in the bag"... Remember, she blew the final TC last season. Also, she has Ozzy, Eliza and James' vote in the bag. But Parv has Alexis and Natalie in the bag and probably Cirie.

Jason and Erik will decide this one.

Patman 05-11-08 08:37 PM

Hoping America votes Erik 'player of the season' just to give that wide-eyed kid the $100k prize.

Shinobi 05-11-08 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Oh damn, I am not sure she made the right decision in keeping Parvati over Cirie.

It was a tough call, but I think Amanda made the right call. Cirie could talk an eskimo into buying ice cubes. Parv isn't nearly as good with her oral skills (although she's probably very good with other oral skills...)

And BTW, Natalie looks a million times hotter with makeup on. She's still a bitch, though.

Quack 05-11-08 08:44 PM

Alexis actually looks pretty hot when she's gained back a few pounds.

Goat3001 05-11-08 08:47 PM

Wow, Natalie is such a ****.

This also looks like the second time that Amanda is making it all the way to the end and getting ripped apart by the jury.

:up: for Erik standing up and being a man and bitching Amanda out.