Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites - **Season Finale - Sunday, May 11th**

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be the Sole Survivor??
Amanda
52.94%
Cirie
35.29%
Natalie
0%
Parvati
11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites - **Season Finale - Sunday, May 11th**

Old 05-14-08, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did anyone else think Parv sounded like a bitch when she was on Exile and said that she wasn't even going to look for the Idol.
But then agian, she did not need it, she won!! and I am very disapointed.

KK
Old 05-15-08, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by girlnextdoor
Did anyone else think Parv sounded like a bitch when she was on Exile and said that she wasn't even going to look for the Idol.

KK
Yes, and that just reminds me again of how stupid it was for Erik to send her there. Erik maybe wouldn't have had the votes to win the million, but he could have won all those immunities that Amanda won and controlled who was in the final two with him.
Old 05-15-08, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by girlnextdoor

KK
I don't know how much I believe this, but she said she found the idol...

TV Guide.com: I was cracking up at you on Exile Island just sunning yourself. Did you ever even look for the idol?
Parvati: Actually I found the idol, but they decided not to show it. I lucked into it though. I found clues one and two, but then clue three was digging — it was not worth that much for me. So I went snorkeling, swam over to the side of a rock and I found the fourth clue floating in the water. It led me straight to the idol, but I left it there because I didn't want to bring the idol back and wreak havoc.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/parvati-...esia/080513-04
Old 05-16-08, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by Lunatikk
I don't know how much I believe this, but she said she found the idol...

TV Guide.com: I was cracking up at you on Exile Island just sunning yourself. Did you ever even look for the idol?
Parvati: Actually I found the idol, but they decided not to show it. I lucked into it though. I found clues one and two, but then clue three was digging — it was not worth that much for me. So I went snorkeling, swam over to the side of a rock and I found the fourth clue floating in the water. It led me straight to the idol, but I left it there because I didn't want to bring the idol back and wreak havoc.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/parvati-...esia/080513-04
If that's true, she's just as dumb as Erik, but got away with it. Or else she's a liar. I put it at even money.
Old 05-16-08, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
If that's true, she's just as dumb as Erik, but got away with it. Or else she's a liar. I put it at even money.
From what I read from the cast that posted on Survivor Sucks, Natalie wanted Parvati to give her the HII if she found it, so rather than alienate her if she was next to go, Parvati left the idol on Exile island.
Old 05-18-08, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts
Probst looked like his hairline receded between the final TC and live show.

Amanda might have done better in an F3 if Cirie/Parvati had split the "clever aggressive" votes. She's kind of the like the Brooke White of Survivor: too emotionally fragile when the heat's on.
Old 05-20-08, 05:15 PM

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/c...nt-18-7139.php

CBS begins casting for 'Survivor 18,' lowers age requirement to 18

By Christopher Rocchio, 05/20/2008

CBS has announced open casting calls and begun accepting applications for Survivor's eighteenth season, which will air as part of the network's Spring 2009 primetime programming lineup.

Casting for Survivor's eighteenth season commenced on Sunday in Seattle, WA and will continue over the next several weeks with stops in Sanford, FL; Wilkes Barre/Scranton, PA; Costa Mesa, CA; and Austin, TX. Those interested can also apply by submitting an application and video, which must be received no later than July 15.

For the first time in the long-running CBS reality show's history, Survivor has lowered its minimum age requirement from 21- to 18-years-old.

All Survivor applicants must be 18 years or older at the time they apply -- except in Alabama, Nebraska and Wyoming, where the minimum age requirement is 19; amd Mississippi and Washington, D.C., where applicants must still be 21 years or older at the time they apply.

Applications and additional casting requirements are available via CBS' website.

A total of approximately 800 applicants will then be invited to interview sometime in August 2008 in person at one of the following locations: Los Angeles, Ca; New York, NY; Seattle, WA; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX: Detroit, MI; Boston, MA; Atlanta, GA; Miami, FL; and Denver, CO.

Approximately 48 semifinalists will then be invited to Los Angeles in September for final interviews with Survivor producers before roughly 16 finalists will be selected as castaways to compete on the show's eighteenth installment.

The show's production is currently slated to commence in late October and run through mid-December.

Currently scheduled open casting calls for Survivor's eighteenth season are:

Sanford, FL

Saturday, May 24 at 10AM
Seminole Power Sports
1200 Rinehart Road, Sanford FL 32771

Wilkes Barre/Scranton, PA

Saturday, May 31 at 12PM
The Mall at Stearntown
Lackawanna Avenue, Scranton

Costa Mesa, CA

Thursday, June 19 at 10AM
CarMax
3200 Harbor Boulevard
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Austin, TX

Friday, June 13 at 1PM
Backwoods
Hill Country Galleria
12921 Hill Country Galleria Blvd.
Austin, TX 78738
Chris
Old 05-20-08, 07:48 PM

"Wilkes Barre/Scranton, PA"

I'd give my spleen to watch Dwight on Survivor.
Old 05-21-08, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by beesonosu
"Wilkes Barre/Scranton, PA"

I'd give my spleen to watch Dwight on Survivor.
Creed would be great. We already saw him eat a live fish he caught with his bare hands out of the lake for no apparent reason during the beach party. He could be "Rudy, Part Deux"
Old 05-21-08, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
come on, this doesn't need to be "real world" survivior. Keep the age limit.
Old 05-21-08, 04:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
come on, this doesn't need to be "real world" survivior. Keep the age limit.
Yeah, it's bad enough already.

So far as reducing the age "for the first time", didn't the Asian student who was only 20 slip in during the 4-Tribes Racial-Themed Survivor (was it Cook Islands?)??? You'd think they'd do more thorough background checks when selecting their contestants; hate to see a paroled rapist or murderer end up on the island. Then again, it would make for interesting viewing...sort of "Lord of the Flies" Survivor.

Cameraman: "But...but...he's EATING them!!!!"

Mark Burnett: "Shut up & keep filming. We'll sort it out at Tribal."
Old 06-05-08, 01:08 PM

Uh oh, trouble in paradise!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080605/...le_jeff_probst

Probst: Production problems on 'Survivor: Gabon'

By DERRIK J. LANG, AP Entertainment Writer
2 hours, 41 minutes ago

WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. - Jeff Probst says the upcoming season of "Survivor" has already hit a few snags.

"Survivor: Gabon ? Earth's Last Eden" has been plagued with several preproduction problems, Probst told The Associated Press at a restaurant opening Wednesday. The dilemmas for the 17th season of the CBS reality show, which begins filming in Africa later this month, range from encroaching animals to slow shipments.

"Our shipping has been really delayed," Probst said. "One aspect of 'Survivor' that is different from a lot of shows is that we have to ship throughout the season, and we're about 30 days behind now, which is a major problem. We're going to be fine on the show, but the crew housing is not there. We're going to be in tents."

Other than the habitation hindrance, Probst also said a crane had fallen over and a cargo hold containing about $100,000 worth of food had gone missing. The lumber used for building props and set pieces for challenges and Tribal Council, however, had safely arrived. Probst said the "Survivor" crew was also having an issue with something that was already present: wildlife.

"We have a danger problem with animals that we're trying to figure out how to handle," the "Survivor" host said. "There's so much truly wild life out there, we're not sure what to do. We don't want the animals around for a safety reasons, but we'd love to have a hippo sneak in every so often. I just got a call from our executive producer that we've got hippo tracks at base camp."

"Survivor: Gabon," which will feature 18 castaways living in the wilderness in the West African country, will be filmed in high-definition and is slated to premiere in the fall. It's the first time the competitive reality series has returned to Africa since its Kenya-set third season. Probst said he doesn't think the snafus will halt production.

"These things for us usually have a way of turning into good things," he said.
Chris
Old 06-05-08, 04:11 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Aren't hippos pretty dangerous, at least if provoked?

I still find it laughable they are advertising it as "Earth's last Eden," when you know damn well they are destroying plenty of habitat. "OK, this is Earth's last Eden, let's do something about that."

I'm far from being a tree hugging hippie and I feel this way, I've got to believe the real tree hugging hippies aren't too happy.

But I suppose basically every season is this way, they just don't really advertise the fact that it's an untouched land.
Old 06-05-08, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by aktick
Aren't hippos pretty dangerous, at least if provoked?
That was what caught my attention. They are known for being extremely aggressive and dangerous, and I believe are the most deadly animals (towards man) in Africa. Probst's statements are either in jest or completely naive.