DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Battlestar Galactica -- "Faith" -- 5/09/2008 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/531223-battlestar-galactica-faith-5-09-2008-a.html)

pinata242 05-09-08 03:01 PM

Battlestar Galactica -- "Faith" -- 5/09/2008

Spoiler:
Unlikely alliances are forged after the search for Earth takes an unexpected turn.

DVD Josh 05-09-08 03:06 PM

I wonder if something might actually happen in this episode.

pinata242 05-09-08 03:09 PM

Have faith, Josh.

bunkaroo 05-09-08 03:12 PM

CAN wait. :D

Seriously, I hope tonight turns things around. Until I saw this thread I wasn't even thinking about the show being on tonight, as opposed to something like Lost, which was on my mind to watch all day yesterday.

DVD Josh 05-09-08 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242
Have faith, Josh.

I hope man, I really do.

al_bundy 05-09-08 07:07 PM

the 10 minute sneak peek didn't get past the demetrius

bunkaroo 05-09-08 09:36 PM

Whoopee - half an episode of bedside infirmary talk.

bunkaroo 05-09-08 09:52 PM

Just realized the woman in the bed is Nana Visitor from DS9.

Phod 05-09-08 10:29 PM

I think the problem some people are having with the show is that you know there's a big Cylon reveal coming up so the show feels slow as it chugs along to that point.

I have the problem as well but still thoroughly enjoy the show.

Heat 05-09-08 11:58 PM

The show picked up this episode.

SPOILERS

"The missing three will give you the five who come from the home of the 13th [Earth?] You are the harbinger of death Kara Thrace, you will lead them all to their end."

OK, so Kara is the fifth cylon and the five cylons are from Earth, but who are the missing three? And who exactly was that chick in the bathtub filled with milk supposed to be?

Phod 05-10-08 12:05 AM

I think they explained the missing three later. They said the missing three was the #3 Cylon, Lucy Lawless who got boxed. She will give the five because she saw them in her vision.

The bathtub milk chick was the hybrid, which they talked about last season and in the Razor movie. In the Razor film she basically said the same thing about Starbuck.

And I don't think Kara is necessarily the final Cylon model.

Cartload 05-10-08 09:00 AM

Too bad Anders didn't shoot Gaeta in the head.

Patman 05-10-08 10:21 AM

This was the BSG that I enjoyed in previous seasons. Lots of action and drama and movement in the overall plot. Yay.

Mattrk 05-10-08 10:31 AM

I think this episode touched on what's been happening during this season so far - the deconstruction of what you thought you knew into something completely different. Who would have considered a Cylon civil war - possibly sparked by Athena making her own choices? How about Tyrol screwing up so bad Adama fires him, or the president considering Baltar's religious message seriously? Or Tigh shagging a Six? The old ways are breaking down on both sides - and no one will expect the new ways that will replace them.

Yeah, I think they've been dragging it out and could have wrapped up more big reveals by now, but this is more the unexplored areas of the mind rather than space. And the smaller reveals they've been having at least pave the way and make you watch so you won't miss something.

Speaking of which - did Baltar use the phrase "undiscovered country" in his speech? Makes you wonder if their world had Shakespear - or at least a thousand monkeys with typewriters.

And no, I didn't recognize Nana Visitor at all, so that must have been a good makeup job.

Cardiff Giant11 05-10-08 10:44 AM

MUCH improved and finally some plot progression. I liked it.

MrX 05-10-08 02:24 PM

Six on Six action:drool:

This was the first episode in a long time that I wasn't watching the clock 15 minutes into it.

An4h0ny 05-10-08 02:26 PM

standout ep for this season

i think the hybrid is hot

i am socially maladjusted though....

still

8/10

Spoiler:
the part where the shot of what kara was looking at through the raptor window, dissolved to the shot of her painting was my favorite moment. very nicely done. we've been waiting to see that for a while so they had to make it slick and present it well, or it could have been a let down. for me it wasn't.

joefrog91 05-10-08 03:25 PM

I wanted Anders to put his hand on the control board so bad. His look when they said they were going to unbox the #3 was good too.

das Monkey 05-10-08 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mattrk
Speaking of which - did Baltar use the phrase "undiscovered country" in his speech? Makes you wonder if their world had Shakespear (sic)

I wasn't paying that close attention, but I heard that and reference to shuffling off this mortal coil as well. Maybe they're Klingons.

Originally Posted by Mattrk
And no, I didn't recognize Nana Visitor at all, so that must have been a good makeup job.

Really? The two things that helped me recognize her were that she looked exactly like her (with dirty teeth) and sounded exactly like her. ;)

das

bunkaroo 05-10-08 05:39 PM

It was the voice that made me recognize here before the face.

I guess I shouldn't have been so hard on the episode, but I think the bad taste of the last few made me want too much.

I'll have to be more open-minded next week.

das Monkey 05-10-08 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
It was the voice that made me recognize here before the face.

I guess I shouldn't have been so hard on the episode, but I think the bad taste of the last few made me want too much.

I'll have to be more open-minded next week.

It was easily the best episode of the season ... or 3 out of 10 stars.

das

Doc MacGyver 05-10-08 08:50 PM

So, I take it the gas giant wasn't Jupiter (which I'd been assuming all along) because that would mean that the civil war started (relatively) on Earth's doorstep.

-Doc

Breakfast with Girls 05-10-08 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by das Monkey
It was easily the best episode of the season ... or 3 out of 10 stars.

It was the best episode of the season, but I think it was better than a 3 out of 10. I'd be willing to go so far as a 6.

das Monkey 05-10-08 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
It was the best episode of the season, but I think it was better than a 3 out of 10. I'd be willing to go so far as a 6.

You're breaking my balls, man. You're breaking my balls. I like you, so I talked with my manager, and I can't go any higher than 4 out of 10 stars.

das

al_bundy 05-11-08 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver
So, I take it the gas giant wasn't Jupiter (which I'd been assuming all along) because that would mean that the civil war started (relatively) on Earth's doorstep.

-Doc

if it was jupiter they should have detected earth by now and all the radio waves coming from it