DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Supernatural -- "Time Is On My Side" -- 5/8/2008 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/531116-supernatural-time-my-side-5-8-2008-a.html)

rfduncan 05-08-08 08:28 AM

Supernatural -- "Time Is On My Side" -- 5/8/2008

...yes it is!
Synopsis:
Spoiler:
Sam and Dean discover a doctor who, back in 1816, became obsessed with finding the secret of eternal life by taking people's vital organs. Meanwhile, Bobby finds Bela and Dean leaves Sam to confront her.

Interesting plot... may make next week's season finale really POP if it goes where I'm thinking! FYI - this is a Bobby episode which usually rock! :banana:

Bluelitespecial 05-08-08 09:14 PM

Bye Bye Bela, nice to see her go out with the demon dogs coming to get her on her contract. So I assume the boys will now have the colt back since she was saving it for herself.

xfilefanfreak 05-09-08 01:06 PM

great show was a good one

Bluelitespecial 05-09-08 07:39 PM

I have hated the presence of Bela this entire season, but she actually was pretty good in this episode. I almost felt sorry for her at the end of the episode.

wmansir 05-10-08 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Bye Bye Bela, nice to see her go out with the demon dogs coming to get her on her contract. So I assume the boys will now have the colt back since she was saving it for herself.

What I got was that Bella made a deal with the demon to get the colt in order to be let out of her deal, but the demon changed the deal so she would also have to kill Sam. If that's true the Colt is gone.

wmansir 05-10-08 09:36 AM

Oh, I forgot to say that I liked this episode and I also like how they keep painting Dean into a corner. I'm not sure were they are heading with this, but it's promising.

I wish they would have put a little more development into a couple of points. First, Sam's willingness to use whatever black magic the immortal was dealing with. The brother's debated whether it would work, but they didn't even touch on the morality of it. We know they are desperate, but I didn't catch if Dean's objection was main for practical reasons or moral ones.

Another moral issue they didn't debate was burying the immortal and his secrets. Sam said the guy wasn't using magic but "science". They usually don't deal with non-occult criminals, so they could have had an interesting conversation. Plus the fact that they are throwing away some amazing "science" that probably could benefit all of humanity without even giving it a though, at least on screen.

Originally Posted by rfduncan
FYI - this is a Bobby episode which usually rock! :banana:

Well it barely qualified as a Bobby episode, but I did enjoy the scenes with the new hunter they introduced.

riley_dude 05-11-08 01:15 AM

Bye Bye Bella.
Very enjoyable episode.
Can't wait for the finale.

Original Desmond 05-11-08 07:40 AM

Great episode. Really sucks about the short season

This has been a strong season, i hope this show gets renewed

TGM 05-11-08 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
Great episode. Really sucks about the short season

This has been a strong season, i hope this show gets renewed

it has. S4 is greenlit.

LorenzoL 05-11-08 09:10 AM

Didn't care much about the Zombie doctor but the main plot with Bella and the colt was good.

Can't wait for next week season finale!