Smallville -- "Quest" -- 5/8/2008

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-08, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smallville -- "Quest" -- 5/8/2008

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
After Lex is attacked by a mysterious stranger, he and Clark both discover the last surviving member of the Veritas group who holds the secret to controlling the Traveler.

Let's see if they can wrap up this whole Veritas thing before the end of next week... as well as all the OTHER crap they have to deal with.
Old 05-08-08, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Tonight's episode was just oddly written. Wasn't horrible, but wasn't all that good, either. At least there's just the season finale to put this season to rest.
Old 05-08-08, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another Galactica cast member appears. What's up with that?

An OK episode. I am really tired of this plot line. Time to end this and move on.
The obsession Lex has is just really played out.

Last edited by riley_dude; 05-09-08 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-09-08, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
Another Galactica cast member appears. What's up with that?
Who from Galactica? I pretty much slept through this episode...
Old 05-09-08, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
I don't know the new Galactica, but Mr Teague was from China Beach & a Star Trek
Old 05-09-08, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Smallville has apparently turned into the National Treasure franchise.
Old 05-09-08, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by alfredog1976
Who from Galactica? I pretty much slept through this episode...
The "german" dude who was the artifact examiner/professional is Doctor Cottle (Donnelly Rhodes) on Battlestar.

Originally Posted by riley_dude
The obsession Lex has is just really played out.
And I think Lex's role has as well. Looks like next week may well be his last episode...
Old 05-09-08, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
The "german" dude who was the artifact examiner/professional is Doctor Cottle (Donnelly Rhodes) on Battlestar.

And I think Lex's role has as well. Looks like next week may well be his last episode...
and possibly Chloe's too. Yikes.

Exclusive: Smallville's Big Chloe Problem

Allison Mack in Smallville by Michael Courtney/The CWIt looks like Smallville's about to take another, potentially lethal, hit.

Just a week after it was announced that Michael Rosenbaum would not be returning full time as Lex next season, sources confirm to me exclusively that Allison Mack, arguably Smallville's most popular heroine, may be the next to go.

This marks quite a turnaround from a few months ago, when I deemed Mack a lock to come back next season. And I wasn't the only one. Although a deal wasn't signed at the time, Smallville insiders tell me that all indications were that the actress was on board for Season 8.

But then Rosenbaum terndered his resignation and everything fell apart.

"Allison's camp used Michael leaving as leverage in the negotiations with [Warner Bros.]," says one Smallville source, who adds that Kristin Kreuk's decision to only return for a handful of episodes as Lana only strengthened Mack's bargaining position. "They need Chloe now more than ever — and Allison's people know it." (Mack's reps declined to comment for this story.)

But will the studio suits budge? In this climate, with ratings down by double digits and belt-tightening going on everywhere, no one is optimistic. However, everyone pretty much agrees about one thing: Smallville can't afford to lose Mack right now. "If Allison leaves, they've essentially got Lois and Clark left," notes one insider. "And that show's been done before."
Old 05-09-08, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thought the episode was good. glad they moved things along a little. season finale should be great (hopefully).

if mack leaves, that will certainly be the end of smallville as we know it.
Old 05-09-08, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dpz301
Just wait until you actually see season 8. Judging by what's being talked about, it's going to be really, really bad.
Old 05-09-08, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The future is not looking very promising ...... I'm sure I'll stay on board for what most likely will be the final season, but not with much enthusiasm.
Old 05-09-08, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
After what I considered a very fun episode last week, this ep left me cold. I really dont care about the conspiracy crap at all. Hopefully that will end next week.
Old 05-10-08, 05:46 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
i enjoyed this ep
Old 05-10-08, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Originally Posted by dpz301
thought the episode was good. glad they moved things along a little. season finale should be great (hopefully).

Decent episode but not great.

I agree with the above posters that the Lex obsession thing is getting tiring to the point I don't really care that much.

I am a die hard Smallville fan, since day 1 I have never missed an episode. But IMO I think this show has run it's course. With the storyline where its going, the alleged departing of characters, (and from what I am reading about next season, uggggh) I just don't see this show having any gas left in the tank, not enough to make it interesting for me. While I still enjoy the show, my interest and enthusiasm has steadily declined over the last few years. The show still has some decent storylines, and I still enjoy the characters most of the time, it's just missing something. It's kind of missing a "back to the basics" type feel, Kryptoniaons, the symbols, running all over the world looking for stuff, the obsession, I am just not feeling it. That probably doesn't make much sense, I just miss the good ol days in Smallville. Too much sci-fi, its getting a little over the top....I don't know something like that.
Old 05-11-08, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
I didn't really care for this ep but I did get a giggle out of the final shot with Lex because it seems like the writers just finished playing Assassin's Creed when they wrote that scene.
Old 05-12-08, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

so is MR not coming at all for any episodes next season... or just as a regular?
Old 05-12-08, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by raven56706
so is MR not coming at all for any episodes next season... or just as a regular?
According to most recent information
Spoiler:
this coming finale will be the character/actor's last episode.
Old 05-12-08, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
Can someone correct me if I misunderstood the following sequence of events from this episode.

Lex is attacked in his mansion which is in Smallville. I believe he was then taken to the local Smallville hospital. Jimmy, who works for the Daily Planet in Metropolis (3 hours away from Smallville by car) is out ambulance chasing and happens to catch a picture of Lex in the ambulance. So what is Jimmy doing hanging out around the Smallville hospital? Also, wouldn't the EMTs have at least covered up Lex's chest while transporting him?
Old 05-12-08, 03:52 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by rfduncan
According to most recent information
Spoiler:
this coming finale will be the character/actor's last episode.
Wow, didn't realize that,
Spoiler:
last I read he was planning on being in a few next season. Bummer.

Unless the actors aren't available, they should really be using the Justice League guys more. How many times has Chloe gotten help from Oliver, but we never see Oliver?

I'll watch next season no matter how bad it is, since I've been watching this long, and I honestly wouldn't mind more Clark/Lois interaction.
Old 05-14-08, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts
This episode was just treading water, but at least it didn't have Lana in it.

Can someone spoiler what they've been talking about for Season 8? I'm curious just how bad it could be.