Parvati
4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites - 5/08/08

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-08, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much info does the jury have prior to their votes? Do they only see what happens at tribal or are they in the loop with video footage?
Old 05-09-08, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Oh my, that sure was stupid. Everybody there knew Erik was getting played except Erik. It was sad and funny at the same time.

I think, unless Nat wins the final immuntiy, it will come down to Cirie vs Amanda. Parv has no shot against those 2, imo. I think it will depend on who gives the best answers to the jury re: their strategy. Amanda did a poor job of this in her previous season if I'm remembering correctly. I think Cirie very well could win this, which is pretty impressive.
Old 05-09-08, 08:50 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think the dumbest thing about it was that he let them make him feel guilty about strategizing with all the remaining women in first place. It's Survivor, and he was part of no alliances... and as the swing vote it's natural to try to feel around to figure out what your best move is. He was waaaay too desperate to be liked.
Old 05-09-08, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The funny thing was he wasn't even pissed at himself afterwards. I felt bad for him. Can't believe that anybody could be that stupid especially for somebody who's been a big fan of the show for 8 years and seen it all. This decision will haunt him for the rest of his life. What a way to become "infamous"
Old 05-09-08, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm not much of a conspiracy guy, but these seems WAYYY too scripted to me.

I'm hoping Cirie (who i think should win) and Amanda (who i think WILL win) are in the final 3. If either of them are gone, there's really no point in watching the final tribal (other than for laughs) because there's no way Parv or Natalie will win. Of course, thats what the producers want you to think. Watch, they'll have Nat win to really "wow" people. Think of how easy that would be to pull off with all the comments she's made in "confessions". She hasn't backstabbed anyone that I can remember. She's the last "fan" remaining. She seems well liked with everyone. I guess we'll find out on sunday.
Old 05-09-08, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts
Do they still interview the voted off survivors on the Cbs morning show, I woke up this morning wanting to see Erik explain himself, and it didn't happen. Maybe at the reunion show.
Old 05-09-08, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I was ready to give up on this season when an all-female finale became obvious a few weeks ago (it's called Survivor, not Conniver) but these last few episodes have been downright entertaining.

And yes the build-up pretty much telegraphed that this was how tribal council was going to be played out.
Old 05-09-08, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Who needs writers? You couldn't have written a funnier episode of "Survivor" if you tried.
Old 05-09-08, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts
Originally Posted by mugwump
I was ready to give up on this season when an all-female finale became obvious a few weeks ago (it's called Survivor, not Conniver) but these last few episodes have been downright entertaining.

And yes the build-up pretty much telegraphed that this was how tribal council was going to be played out.
I gave up too when Ozzy was voted out, and the show went all girl power after that. But I was excited to see Jason go because he was just as stupid as Erik, but sad to see James have to get evacuated over his infected finger. As long as Natalie or teeth doesn't win I will be happy.
Old 05-09-08, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Phod
I love how, for the first time ever, they showed all the votes before they actually read the votes.
I think back in the first season they'd sometimes show all the votes before the reading.
Old 05-09-08, 11:23 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Did the filming of this season took place before the live vote last season?

Also, although this season is coming to a close, word of warning for those that may catch an episode on CBS' site. Sometime recently, CBS changed their video site design and while skipping to various parts of an episode is much easier, I had the following happen. I clicked on Survivor to bring up the list of videos. They automatically sort by "All Videos" and not "Full Episodes". So right next to the link for this episode was a link for "Erik's Final Words".

Nice going CBS idiots.

Last edited by 0073735963; 05-09-08 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-09-08, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hope Amanda wins.
I can even stomach Parvarti but not Natalie or Cirie.
Old 05-09-08, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by 0073735963
Did the filming of this season took place before the live vote last season?
Filming on this season ended 10 days before the live vote last season.
Old 05-09-08, 11:53 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 109 Likes on 98 Posts
I'd like Amanda or Parvati to win, but I don't think either will
Old 05-09-08, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
If Amanda makes it to the finals, she'd be the only one to never get voted out (barring injury to others who left the game) in 2 seasons of Survivor.

Jenna Morasca, who won Survivor Amazon, never got voted off ever in 2 seasons.

She was also in All-Stars, but she left b/c her mother was dying of cancer.
Old 05-09-08, 12:13 PM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffkjoe
Jenna Morasca, who won Survivor Amazon, never got voted off ever in 2 seasons.

She was also in All-Stars, but she left b/c her mother was dying of cancer.
And in Survivor Amazon, she gave her immunity to her (fugly) friend, Heidi, who was supposed to be voted off that night. I don't remember who went instead but that was risky.
Old 05-09-08, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
But I don't count Jenna Morasca because I just didn't think she'd be able to not get voted off All-Stars given the rest of the cast that season. If Amanda can hang on one last time, and get to final tribal council, it's still a remarkable achievement.

I don't know why CBS advertised it being 3 tribal councils for Sunday's 2-hour episode, unless there is going to be a 8-person jury and 2 people left standing.
Old 05-09-08, 01:14 PM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't know why CBS advertised it being 3 tribal councils for Sunday's 2-hour episode, unless there is going to be a 8-person jury and 2 people left standing.
Yup, I think they'll change things up and have a final two.

Possible spoiler about the finale (about a contestant not making the finals):

Spoiler:
Erik did this interview this morning where he was asked about the final four contestants and who he would vote for to win the game. When asked about Amanda, he said he would have voted for her, had she made it. Slip up?

Last edited by Howiefan; 05-09-08 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-09-08, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

But I don't count Jenna Morasca because I just didn't think she'd be able to not get voted off All-Stars given the rest of the cast that season. If Amanda can hang on one last time, and get to final tribal council, it's still a remarkable achievement.

I think they advertised the same thing last season.
Old 05-09-08, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by Howiefan
Yup, I think they'll change things up and have a final two.
That's what I've been wondering for weeks now when I expressed confusion about having 10 'advance' to the jury/finals and how there could be a tie either with a F3 or F2.
Old 05-09-08, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

That was a very stupid move by Erik, but I felt sorry for him when the jury and the remaining contestants were laughing even before Jeff did the vote results. I loved James' reaction. "I'm officially not the dumbest Survivor anymore."

I'm pulling for Cirie to win. She's played the best out of any of them and if she gets Amanda out I think she'll have the $1 million without a problem.
Old 05-09-08, 04:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
And that's at a minimum.

But let us not forget Colby, who absolutely dominated his season only to give away a guaranteed $900,000.
I don't put the two in the same category. Colby made a conscious decision to take the "honorable" route (at least, that was the impression everyone got) to give Tina a shot at the win because she was much more deserving than the chef dude. Also, there was something about wanting to win over a worthy competitor rather than in a cakewalk over someone disliked by most of the jury. Whether true or not, the scenario fit Colby's cowboy image. The point is, he knew exactly what he was doing & rolled the dice. Although he lost, he was in total control of the decision & wasn't deceived or manipulated.

Erik, on the other hand, just got played big time.

Natalie: "Now...this is going to sound crazy...what if you were to give me the necklace tonight?"

Erik: "One scoop or two!!???"

I agree that it was funny & sad at the same time. I have known several Erik's (one was my best man) and they were all truly nice guys. They just were too naive in the ways of the world & constantly let people take advantage of them. It was pretty mean the way the girls rubbed it in his face so gleefully...no wonder the dude took off running (out of embarrassment, I'd hope). The jury's reactions were priceless, too...but they seemed to at least wait until he was out of earshot.

Erik probably needs to stick with ice cream, which (probably) can't take advantage of him.

Except for the pistachio...never can trust it.
Old 05-09-08, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,177 Likes on 4,206 Posts
Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
Who needs writers? You couldn't have written a funnier episode of "Survivor" if you tried.
Have to agree. And I know it's from a few weeks back, but I certainly haven't heard a funnier exchange all season than "That's not the idol" "How do you know?" "Because it's a fucking stick!". Sorry 30 Rock, you'll have to settle for second place this year.
Old 05-09-08, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I loved Natalie's line "I feel stupid just listening to this plan"
Old 05-09-08, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Let me be another to say "What was Erik thinking?"

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.