DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites - 5/01/08

Episode Title:
Spoiler:
I'm Gonna Fix Her!

Episode Description:
Spoiler:
The castaways are reunited with loved ones; an infection threatens to put James out of the game; another castaway is voted out at tribal council. Jeff Probst is the host.

Old 05-01-08, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Another guy will be gone....just have a feeling, no one will wise up.
Old 05-01-08, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm guessing that James will be going because of that finger infection.
Old 05-01-08, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BDLOU

I agree. I'll bank on Eric winning the IC too.
Old 05-01-08, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BDLOU
I hope thats not true. It would suck to have 2 great Survivors leave with injuries the same season we have 2 (3 if you count Fairplay) chumps quit.

Either way, I feel this is James last episode. He has the biggest target on his back and is done for unless he wins the IC or finds the HII.
Old 05-01-08, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I voted for Natalie hoping for another blindside. Out of all of them, I think she would be expecting it least. It's a tie between her and Parvati for who I want gone most.

I have a feeling that James won't leave because of his finger...but...I wouldn't be surprised if he found the idol and didn't play it and once again be the 'dumbest player ever.' Hope that's not the case. Wish he could somehow make it to the final 3.
Old 05-01-08, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think they would be stupid to send a favorite home and even the fans/favorite ratio. Also the fact that the girl alliance (cake eaters) has 2 fans and 2 favorites is ripe for exploitation.
Old 05-01-08, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Whoops!

Sucks about James...2 of the best guys in the game forced to leave.

Great blindside though. While they probably made the right move in getting rid of Alexis instead of Natalie (better competitor and probably would have a better chance in a final 3 than Natalie...though the RIGHT move probably would've been getting rid of Cirie there), I really wish Natalie was gone. If she comes across to those living with her on the island as half the bitch she obviously is, she won't win anyways in a final 3, but I wouldn't even want here getting top 3 prize money. Ugh. And next week's preview just makes her look that much worse. I thought Teeth was about the most annoying bitch I've ever seen in this game until the last couple weeks, when they finally revealed the real Natalie to us.

Eric's going to have to run the table now for sure to make the final 3, because I think he's the favorite if he makes it, and they all know it. I'm sure we'll get no physical immunity challenges from here on out, until he's gone.
Old 05-01-08, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

they couldnt vote out Cirie this week or else the fans would have had a 3-2 advantage. As it is, i see Cirie, Amanda, and Pavarti joining to knock off the remaining 2 fans. Unless Cirie gets the win once its at 3, she wont make the final two no matter which group she is with. Amanda will take Pavarti, Pavarti will take Amanda in that threesome. If its a threesome of Natalie, Cirie and Erik I am not sure either takes Cirie as the Jury will have mostly favorites and they would most likely vote a favorite.
Old 05-01-08, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This week on...Survivor: Infections vs. Favorites.
Old 05-01-08, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That smile Amanda had was about the sexiest she has ever looked.
Old 05-02-08, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Now THAT'S how you play an immunity idol!! Mwuhahahahaha!
Old 05-02-08, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I could have watched Amanda dig that trench for at least an hour. Well played! This has been a really fun season of Survivor.
Old 05-02-08, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would have loved to hear Amanda and Pav's logic behind Alexis vs. Natalie. Seems to me it's silly to vote the one out who has a physical disadvantage with her knee, but maybe I'm missing something.
Old 05-02-08, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Parv thought Alexis would have been more sympathetic to the jury in the final 3 over Natalie.
Old 05-02-08, 01:05 AM

Until today's episode it appeared like Pav was not closely aligned to Amanda since she did not include her to eliminate Ozzy. But now it appears like they are very tight and Pav threw her alliance out with Nat by voting out Alexis.

But it seems like Pav tried to keep Nat because during the reward challenge, Alexis picked Nat and Cirie. So Pav knew Alexis would not pick her to go the F3. By eliminating Alexis, Pav wanted to break-up the Alexis-Nat alliance. It seems like Pav is in good shape; she is in alliance with everyone except Erik.
Old 05-02-08, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
I would have loved to hear Amanda and Pav's logic behind Alexis vs. Natalie. Seems to me it's silly to vote the one out who has a physical disadvantage with her knee, but maybe I'm missing something.
I thought that same thing. But it was funny to see Alexis who sent Amanda to exile to find the HII got sent home because of that.

Did anyone notice on the question of who never lies, Natalie actually voted for herself?!? After that snow job she pulled on Jason, are you kidding me??

Oh, and Cirie and Parv are both full of shit.
Old 05-02-08, 01:49 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love it, and I think the Jury loved it as well. They are giving Amanda the win based on this so far, esp the 2 who got hosed not playing the idol.

That's how you do it. Brilliant maneuver by Parvati and Amanda.. money!!
Old 05-02-08, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You could clearly see the entire jury rooting for Amanda the whole way. They cut to the jury the first time Jeff mentioned that Amanda went to exile island, and Eliza and Ozzy were flipping out and getting excited. When she used it, they cut over there again, and all 4 of them had huge smiles on their faces.

In a way, the girls were right: Amanda is unquestionably the jury favorite.
Old 05-02-08, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What I love about this show is how a season can turn into great fun at the drop of a hat. I've seen people complain about a season (this year in fact) and then some crazy things happen later. The last three votes were entertaining.
Old 05-02-08, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk God

If you love watching stupidity, this really has been one of the greatest seasons ever. It is mind-boggling. "Hmmm, let's see.....Amanda will be the toughest to beat in the Final. Who should I send to Exile Island to have a chance of getting an Idol and increasing their chances of reaching the Final? I know! Amanda!" Frankly, I would have asked Jeff if I could send myself to Exile Island. I'd tell my relative - see ya in a week.

I'm sitting watching dumbfounded at another idiotic Exile Island decision. If you can't exile yourself, then why on earth would you not send Parvati there? Everyone wants her in the Final because she can't win so why not give her an extra push?

Then why oust the gimpy Alexis. One, she might get taken out medically anyday now. Two, how effective can she be in an endurance test with that bad leg. Seems to me that it would have made much more sense to boot Natalie.

All that being said, the reveal at TC was great stuff.

Last edited by Red Dog; 05-02-08 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-02-08, 09:24 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

My money's still on Cirie (I loved her impeccable logic on the wounds of her co-players) and, to my surprise, Erik. He's turning from a deer in the headlights to a surprisingly good physical players, but he needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut.
Old 05-02-08, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Someone needs to throw out an Emmy or two for Amanda and Parv's performances at Tribal. They totally sold it.
Old 05-02-08, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm loving erik's look right now. Farrah Fawcett with a beard...

i do see the mindset of getting rid of alexis, even with the injury. they're definitely at the point where they need to think about who they can win against in the final. they'd probably have a better chance against natalie than alexis.

so in, what, 5 seasons of having the immunity idol, this is the first time it's been played successfully, right? loved amanda in this - she's going for an acting job! the way she continued to be pissed at Erik, even though she had the idol, was brilliant. if she had said, "whatever, guys, you can vote for me", that would have raised suspicions. then how she said, "oh, about that, Jeff" and then pranced up there with the idol. awesome!

with james out, i'd be ok with Amanda or Erik winning. But Erik's got a ways to go. That really just sucks that 2 of my favorites this season had to leave for medical reasons.
Old 05-02-08, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Axeramm
they couldnt vote out Cirie this week or else the fans would have had a 3-2 advantage. As it is, i see Cirie, Amanda, and Pavarti joining to knock off the remaining 2 fans. Unless Cirie gets the win once its at 3, she wont make the final two no matter which group she is with. Amanda will take Pavarti, Pavarti will take Amanda in that threesome. If its a threesome of Natalie, Cirie and Erik I am not sure either takes Cirie as the Jury will have mostly favorites and they would most likely vote a favorite.
Pretty sure like the past couple seasons that it will be a final 3, and not a final 2 for the last vote to see who wins. If that is not the case though someone please let me know.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.