Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Dancing with the Stars - (4/28/08 & 04/29/08) - 6 couples, 2 dances

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which couple will have the lowest combined score and be sent home?
Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas
0%
Mario (Barrett) & Karina Smirnoff
4.55%
Jason Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska
4.55%
Cristián de la Fuente & Cheryl Burke
40.91%
Shannon Elizabeth & Derek Hough
22.73%
Marissa Jaret Winokur & Tony Dovolani
27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Dancing with the Stars - (4/28/08 & 04/29/08) - 6 couples, 2 dances

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-08, 10:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Obey The D
Pour Some Sugar On Me sounded so good I thought for a minute that they just threw in a Hysteria cd and pretended to play along....oh wait
That is exactly what I thought- I have heard them live in recent years, and there is no way that was an outright live performance- it sounded exactly like the CD version......
Old 04-29-08, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
... but what a great CD it is.

Sympathy vote comes through as expected, and Shannon and Derek are penalized for their outburst. I guess I'm OK with that result.

das
Old 04-30-08, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally Posted by Max Bottomtime
I must be the only person who agreed with Len. The last dance of the finals is for freestyle, not during the middle of the competition. I picked Kristi to win when I first found out about the cast this season, but I felt she knew she was so far ahead that she didn't have to compete last night. Her second dance reminded me of Laila Ali's freestyle. She went into the last dance leading and then did a cheerleader routine.
You can blame Kristi for any technical faults, but if you have a problem with the choreography than you have to put that on Mark. I didn't have any problems with the routine, but, obviously, Mark has been given a gift, -pretty much someone you can do advanced choreography for and that can pull it off.
Old 04-30-08, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I can live with this result.
Old 04-30-08, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So how limited will Cristian be with a ruptured tendon in his left arm? I guess lifts are out for him and Cheryl.
Old 04-30-08, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Pour Some Sugar On Me sounded so good I thought for a minute that they just threw in a Hysteria cd and pretended to play along....oh wait
Hear hear! As a big Leppard fan, I was incredibly disappointed by their "performance". You could tell from the first few seconds that it was a lip sync. I was bummed and proceeded to fast forward through it all.

This is my first year watching the show....is it the norm for musical guests to lip sync?
Old 04-30-08, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good riddance to Shannon. Her crybaby antics were getting on my nerves.

I don't see how Cristian is going to be able to continue beyond next week, especially now with lifts being permitted. Jason and Mario can swing Edyta and Karina around with ease. Kristi's petite, so Mark should be okay. Marissa has lost some weight and Tony is probably the strongest pro dancer, so he can come up with something. But Cristian can't lift Cheryl with one arm. And risking further injury for a dance show isn't sound judgment.
Old 04-30-08, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I really don't want to see a lift being performed by Tony and Marissa. Seriously, how many more injured dancers do we need this season?
Old 04-30-08, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Claytonian
Hear hear! As a big Leppard fan, I was incredibly disappointed by their "performance". You could tell from the first few seconds that it was a lip sync. I was bummed and proceeded to fast forward through it all.

This is my first year watching the show....is it the norm for musical guests to lip sync?
I wasn't sure if they were lip synching at first but as the song progressed, I doubted they could sound exactly like the record. No, musical guests don't normally lip sync which is the odd thing. Even Jennifer Lopez sang live.

Cristian has lasted a lot longer than I thought he would. He has fans out there somewhere. Even if they are just sympathy votes.

Mario Lopez and Helio and Julianne will be dancing next Tuesday for Dancing's 100th episode! I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl.
Old 04-30-08, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 272 Likes on 171 Posts
Yeah, it was an odd move since Def Leppard sang live on The Ellen Degeneres Show yesterday and will be live again today on Jimmy Kimmel Live

Since those two shows were/will be live, I don't know what's up with DwtS, unless it was a choreography issue and they didn't want any jamming throwing off the timing
Old 05-01-08, 09:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GuessWho
Yeah, it was an odd move since Def Leppard sang live on The Ellen Degeneres Show yesterday and will be live again today on Jimmy Kimmel Live

Since those two shows were/will be live, I don't know what's up with DwtS, unless it was a choreography issue and they didn't want any jamming throwing off the timing
If you saw the Kimmel performance, it was almost painful to watch- Joe Elliot's voice was shot- could not hit any high notes at all- its no wonder they didn't sing live on DWTS......