Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

LOST -- "the Shape Of Things To Come" -- 04.24.2008

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-08, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I may have missed it if somebody else posted it, but I got the feeling that Ben might have killed Nadia to set Sayid up to work for him.
Old 04-29-08, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by suziq999
Can someone remind me of who lost an arm? And why Ben checking his arm is significant? Thanks.
The Dr. in the orientation videos had only 1 arm in 2 of the 3 videos we've seen so far.

When Ben woke up in the desert he looked at his arm, which was bleeding through his coat.

The Dr. was working on a teleportation device (remember the rabbit). I'm guessing there may be a connection between the arm injuries going on the assumption that Ben used an operational teleportation device to get to the other side of the world.
Old 04-29-08, 12:57 PM

Why is it assumed that the doctor's death and the report from the boat that he's fine has something to do with the time differences?

Why not the captain, or whoever, killed him, and then lied to Faraday on the radio?
Old 04-29-08, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by adamblast
1) Don't be a jerk, I didn't say I was sure. The "pretty" sure qualifier could not have been more apparent, juxtaposed against the *know* of the previous sentence. And more importantly, 2) I was checking if that was the general conscensus, not giving a personal opinion. Bite me.
Chill dude. You're (mis)reading WAY too much hostility from my post. In fact, I didn't mean ANY hostility at all. I was just expressing my opinion, I wasn't attacking you.
Old 04-29-08, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Beehut
Why is it assumed that the doctor's death and the report from the boat that he's fine has something to do with the time differences?

Why not the captain, or whoever, killed him, and then lied to Faraday on the radio?
I agree. It seems to be the easiest conclusion at this point, but we do know there is also a time differential. But the last time something came to the island from off-shore (Faraday's payload), it was a -30-minute difference. So if anything you'd think the doctor's body would follow the same rule and it would have showed up 30 minutes AFTER it should have

Point being - it's more likely that the message Bernard interpreted was a lie and not that the doctor is alive and dead in two different timelines that can communicate with each other real-time.
Old 04-29-08, 02:33 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by pinata242
I agree. It seems to be the easiest conclusion at this point, but we do know there is also a time differential. But the last time something came to the island from off-shore (Faraday's payload), it was a -30-minute difference. So if anything you'd think the doctor's body would follow the same rule and it would have showed up 30 minutes AFTER it should have

Point being - it's more likely that the message Bernard interpreted was a lie and not that the doctor is alive and dead in two different timelines that can communicate with each other real-time.

agree

also consider that the payload was fired along a specific coordinate path for measurable results. that body was (most likely) dumped off the side and floated randomly until it hit the shore... so who knows how long of a time differential it went through before washing up...?
Old 04-29-08, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242
The main reason that people are speculating that it isn't just a lie is that the last time we saw Sayid and the freighter crew, the doctor was alive. It is possible that something happened on the freighter that we haven't seen yet, and maybe they will show him getting killed next episode.

Has anyone paid attention to the timeline this season with them often alternating between island and freighter? Are events in subsequent episodes happening simultaneously?
Old 04-29-08, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just because we haven't seen the freighter people actually kill the doctor doesn't mean it "hasn't happened" yet.

Hell, Keamy is running around the island killing everyone, but I never saw him leave the freighter, so is in both places too?
Old 04-29-08, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by suziq999
Can someone remind me of who lost an arm? And why Ben checking his arm is significant? Thanks.
One of the Marvin Candle/Mark Wickmund/Edgar Halliwax characters was sporting a fake arm (don't remember which) and Rousseau spoke about one of her team members - Montand - losing an arm in the "dark territory" during Season One. There is a possibility these characters could be one and the same. Ben was wearing Halliwax's Parka when he awoke in the desert.
Old 04-29-08, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not that much of anything was revealed but Emilie De Ravin was on Opie and Anthony yesterday (on the XM side after the FM/XM part of the show) and when asked if Charlie was going to be coming back she said "maybe" so I fully expect to see him in some way shape form (dead/hallucination/sporting wings and a harp etc) at some point in the near future.
It was funny as she dropped the F bomb twice during the interview (once unintentionally) and then they got her to say "I want off of this fucking island!". Very funny to hear.
Old 04-29-08, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by GradVT06
Anyway, has anyone determined if the heiroglyphics on the door in the picture on page 6 (I think) mean anything or say something meaningful?
I just found this today:

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2...s-on-bens.html

They say that it basically means "to summon protection."
Old 04-30-08, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just caught this on freaking iTunes... skipped the whole damn way, had to watch it twice. I forgot to reprogram the DVR for the new start time.

Anyway, regarding Widmore saying "are you here to kill me" it sounded like Widmore actually thought it was a possibility. Not that he was immortal or anything, but knew that Ben was unlikely to go through with it. I immediately thought that maybe one of the rules is that if Widmore or Linus is killed, the other loses. That's why Ben wanted Locke to stay so close to him during the battle, because he knew that the number one instruction to the freighter crew was not to harm Ben. And since we know that Ben/Locke/Hurley are on their way to Jacob, perhaps they are going to reset the rules of engagement...