Desperate Housewives - "In Buddy's Eyes" - 04/20/08

Old 04-20-08, 12:26 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Desperate Housewives - "In Buddy's Eyes" - 04/20/08

"In Buddy's Eyes"
Spoiler:
Gaby comes to grips with the idea of having a blind husband; someone from Lynette's past surprises her by showing up at the pizzeria; Bree and Katherine work together to plan the Founders Day Ball.
Old 04-20-08, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Watching right now! Good episode, so far. LOL at Orson setting in Susan's kitchen, naked!
Old 04-20-08, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

LOL! Gabby is too much!
Old 04-20-08, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh, my gosh! Another chilling end. I seriously got chills at the end of the episode. With Orson, and then with the man who circled the picture of Dylan!

Oh, and Gabby was just too much! She seriously made me laugh my a$$ off!

A much better episode than last week!
Old 04-20-08, 10:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fun episode tonight - many good moments.
Old 04-20-08, 11:05 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Gabby again was the highlight of the show
Old 04-21-08, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I love how Gabby wears a designer dress to shop at Costco. The fight with the wheelchair guys (good to see Mitch from Las Vegas) was hilarious.
Old 04-21-08, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

All six of the women sitting around the table sharing a meal, don't see that too often anymore!
Old 04-21-08, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Not only a designer dress, but heels.

I did find it a little hard to believe she didn't know what handicapped parking is.
Old 04-21-08, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Well, in her defense, it does seem illogical that the blind would qualify for handicapped parking.
Old 04-21-08, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Some details about the finale.

http://www.yourtv.com.au/news/index.cfm?i=133968

Better episode than last week. I thought Bree crossed the line with the food poisoning though.
That's not funny to me.
Old 04-21-08, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It seems like everyone on the show forgot the little incident where Mike chased Orson off the roof of a building. I'm still trying to understand how they're friends after THAT happened.
Old 04-21-08, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My PVR cut off the last couple of minutes -- why the f**k can't they end the show on the hour? Can someone please summarize for me what happened after Julie walked into the house and saw Orson sitting on the steps? Thanks.
Old 04-21-08, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Orson was sleep-walking (sitting) again and muttered "I'm sorry for running you over, Mike."
Old 04-21-08, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Other than maybe Susan and Edie, they all probably hate Catherine. WTF are they doing inviting her to lunch.

And I didn't really get the bit at the end where Catherine told Bree that her intention was always to bury the hatchet and become friends with Bree and Bree actually buying into it. From the beginning of the planning, Catherine did nothing but insult Bree and undermine her. That is her attempt at being friendly? How would Bree actually believe that?
Old 04-21-08, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Orson was sleep-walking (sitting) again and muttered "I'm sorry for running you over, Mike."
And then in the next scene we see a man (we don't see who) in a cruddy apartment unfold the newspaper featuring the Gala from the other night and circle Dylan, obviously related to the mystery of what happened to Dylan; her memories, her father, and what happened in that room.

Another great episode. Gabi was hilarious, and all the stories seemed to go together nicely. I'm glad to see that they're not forgetting most of the previous conflicts (i.e. Rick and Lynette)

Who thinks Tom burnt down Rick's new restaurant?

My thoughts:
Spoiler:
Tom is a red herring. I think one of her kids did it, as alluded to when the cops mentioned vandalizing and she immediately went to them, as well as the kids eavesdropping on Tom and Lynette's argument.
Old 04-21-08, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus

My thoughts:
Spoiler:
Tom is a red herring. I think one of her kids did it, as alluded to when the cops mentioned vandalizing and she immediately went to them, as well as the kids eavesdropping on Tom and Lynette's argument.
Never thought of that. Makes sense.
Old 04-21-08, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Never thought of that. Makes sense.
Spoiler:
Exactly, the more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me. Tom is a jealous man, but he's also smart. Arson is a serious felony. I see him getting into a fist fight with Rick before he torches the place. The kids though, are still kids, and wouldn't think of the serious repercussions of torching a building.
Old 04-21-08, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Spoiler:
Exactly, the more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me. Tom is a jealous man, but he's also smart. Arson is a serious felony. I see him getting into a fist fight with Rick before he torches the place. The kids though, are still kids, and wouldn't think of the serious repercussions of torching a building.
Spoiler:
Plus, they have never portrayed Tom as the type of person that would go that far. As they showed last night, I think it is more likely that he will just work harder to beat the guy fair and square.
Old 04-21-08, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You guys are spoilerizing speculation?
Old 04-21-08, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
You guys are spoilerizing speculation?
Spoiler:
Elvis is dead.
Old 04-22-08, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I missed a good chunk of season three. Can someone please fill me in on these missed details:

1) How in the world does Lynette and Tom now have a daughter? And didn't they used to have three sons?

2) What is the history between Bree and Orson? And how/when did her daughter get pregnant? And why was Bree faking a pregnancy?

3) I can tell that Lynette and Rick had a semi romance, but what made the Scaivos ready to put up a pizza shop?

4) And so the mystery this season appears to be that this girl Dylan had something in her past occur that was horrific, but that she doesn't quite remember?

5) One more thing...I think I watched it but have forgotten...what happened to Carlos and Gabby's adopted baby?

I'll check out season three at some point but it'd be great if someone could fill me in!
Old 04-22-08, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by PacMan2006
I missed a good chunk of season three. Can someone please fill me in on these missed details:

1) How in the world does Lynette and Tom now have a daughter? And didn't they used to have three sons?
They have always had a younger daughter, Penny, but they now have an older daughter living with them - she is Tom's illegitimate daughter from another woman Tom met before Lynette. Tom and Lynette took her in after her mother was killed (in a hostage situation where Lynette was also shot).[
2) What is the history between Bree and Orson? And how/when did her daughter get pregnant? And why was Bree faking a pregnancy?
Bree and Orson met through Susan. Susan met him in a movie theater while trying to get Mike jealous, IIRC. I think they went on one date but she introduced him to Bree and those two hit it off.
Bre's daughter got pregnant I believe from Edie's nephew or cousin bad boy kid who was staying with her for awhile. Bree sent her away to a convent and she she pretended to be pregnant so she could adopt the baby and raise it as her own.

3) I can tell that Lynette and Rick had a semi romance, but what made the Scaivos ready to put up a pizza shop?
Lynette screwed up Tom's job for him and he ended up losing his job. He decided his dream was to always open a restaurant and Lynette reluctantly let him pursue it. She eventually got fed up with her boss and she quit to help Tom run the restaurant. Rick was the chef that she hired for the restaurant, who was very good but clashed with Tom and he had the hots for Lynette. They never had an affair but Lynnette was clearly attracted and flattered by the attention. She fired Rick so she would not be tempted by him.

4) And so the mystery this season appears to be that this girl Dylan had something in her past occur that was horrific, but that she doesn't quite remember?
Yes the whole thing is centered on Katherine's secret, and her daughter is part of it. All the details haven't been revealed yet, but it is pointing towards Katherine possibly killing her husband and somehow Dylan has no memory of all that happened (or her childhood for that matter.)

5) One more thing...I think I watched it but have forgotten...what happened to Carlos and Gabby's adopted baby?
I can't remember all the details, but I think it was the teen dad who would not consent to the adoption so they had to give the child back.
What happened to the surrogate baby? Did the Chinese woman lose it or take it back?
Old 04-22-08, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for all the in depth details.

One more follow-up...why did Bree choose to fake a pregnancy rather than just get pregnant the natural way? Was that an impossibility for her?
Old 04-22-08, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by PacMan2006
Thanks for all the in depth details.

One more follow-up...why did Bree choose to fake a pregnancy rather than just get pregnant the natural way? Was that an impossibility for her?
I think she might be too old at this point. But her main reason was to cover up her daughter's pregnancy so that no one would know. I don't think she had really thought about having another baby until her daughter got pregnant, she just decided she would be better to raise it and that way her daughter's life wouldn't be altered and she could maintain her perfect life facade. Bree would rather die than people know she had a knocked-up teen daughter.

She also looks at this new baby as a chance to try and be a better mother this time since her other kids are so screwed up.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.