DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Scrubs -- "My Manhood" -- 04/17/2008 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/529743-scrubs-my-manhood-04-17-2008-a.html)

pinata242 04-17-08 11:51 AM

Scrubs -- "My Manhood" -- 04/17/2008

Spoiler:
J.D. and Turk fret over their masculinity---J.D. wants to set an example for his son and Turk has a surgical procedure that leaves him feeling insecure. Meanwhile, the Janitor creates a hospital newspaper in response to a disagreement with Kelso.

Hate to see that this gets little to no love around here.

clappj 04-17-08 12:23 PM

Scrubs used to get a lot more love here...back when it was a good. ;)

Seriously I've always loved this show, but it seems like the gas tank has been nearing E as of late.

DeputyDave 04-17-08 12:24 PM

The janitor story line sounds like gold. I love when he buts heads with Kelso.

boogieman03 04-17-08 12:58 PM

I'm still loving it. Can't wait for the new episode.

Sounds like Turk's getting the ol' snip snip.

Kicker_of_Elves 04-17-08 01:14 PM

Can't wait for this, i loved last weeks episode. :D

Goldberg74 04-17-08 08:50 PM

"I don't wanna eat it again."

Poor Ted... :lol:

kstublen 04-17-08 09:01 PM

I really don't see the decline that most people talk about with Scrubs. I think it is still really good. I enjoyed this episode, especially the plot with Elliot and Kelso. I'm eagerly awaiting the conclusion of this series.

tofu 04-17-08 10:09 PM

I think I laughed more at the Sarah Chalke Hanes commercial than during this episode.

Palaver 04-17-08 10:09 PM

Plant Turk literally had me :lol:

Good stuff.

Gizmo 04-17-08 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by tofu
I think I laughed more at the Sarah Chalke Hanes commercial than during this episode.

I'd love to pick her wedgie with my teeth.

vedderstapp 04-18-08 02:53 AM

I'm only watching this so I can keep up with the storyline for when then they do the Ted Spin-Off show.

Well... a guy can dream.

Patman 04-18-08 07:36 AM

Enjoyed last night's episode, much more in the vein of the early years of Scrubs.

rfduncan 04-18-08 08:29 AM

J.D.: "Well it's unfortunate that all children can't have the amazing role-model that you are, Mr. Borderline-Alcoholic. Nailed him! It's great having silver bullets like that on everyone in the hospital."
Nurse: "Sure told him."
J.D.: "Thanks, Herpes." :lol:

boredsilly 04-18-08 10:49 AM

I fell out of Scrubs for a while, but I think it's as good now as it has ever been. Well, maybe not as many "great" episodes, but the humor is still there for me.

BDB 04-18-08 11:44 AM

I loved scrubs, but the decision not to go HD helped me stop watching.

Nth Power 04-18-08 03:58 PM

I still find Scrubs really funny for the most part.

The Turk plant and no one noticing Ted was hilarious.

shaun3000 04-18-08 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen
I really don't see the decline that most people talk about with Scrubs. I think it is still really good. I enjoyed this episode, especially the plot with Elliot and Kelso. I'm eagerly awaiting the conclusion of this series.

Agreed

huzefa 04-18-08 05:58 PM

But it's not like it's in black and white over an antenna; it's still watchable even if it's not in HD.

FatTony 04-18-08 11:13 PM

That episode was much better than last week's.

Originally Posted by kstublen

I watched seasons 1-6 over the last couple of weeks, and there's a gradual decline in quality after season 4. More than anything though, it seems like the characters have become charicatures. Last week's episode was especially bad in that regard. Zach Braff constantly mugs for the camera, Elliot has become an exaggerated form of her former self, and even Turk has become somewhat unbearable to watch. Basically, what were once attributes for characters have become their defining characteristics across the board, and most of the jokes these days seem to be based on that.

But again, tonight's episode seemed to break away from that a bit.

SexualPudding 04-19-08 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by huzefa
But it's not like it's in black and white over an antenna; it's still watchable even if it's not in HD.

It is definitely watchable, but in an era where almost everything (non-animated) is in HD, it is pretty irritating.

B.A. 04-19-08 05:04 PM

Plant Turk was awesome!

theedge 04-19-08 07:24 PM

Turk: You didn't even notice that they left....
JD: **bolt**

---

ROCKY III Photo Finish!!!

LOL

Goldberg74 04-19-08 07:50 PM

I bit the bullet and bought seasons 1-6 today at Best Buy ($20 a piece).

My wife commented that I watch it so often, I should just get them anyways.

:D

riley_dude 04-20-08 01:20 PM

I think I laughed once. Not very good episode.
Ball jokes?

movieking 04-20-08 05:57 PM

Good episode, IMO. I don't see a big decline in quality over earlier seasons.