Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

One Tree Hill -4/14- "Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace" New Night, Monday at 9PM

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

One Tree Hill -4/14- "Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace" New Night, Monday at 9PM

Old 04-13-08, 08:05 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

A reminder as One Tree Hill is on its new night for the rest of the season.
Gossip Girl also returns next week with all new episodes.

Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) picks up the pieces after being left at the altar by Lindsey (guest star Michaela McManus, "The Beautiful Lie"), while Nathan (James Lafferty) and Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) deal with the repercussions of Jamie's (Jackson Brundage) abduction.

Brooke (Sophia Bush) is haunted by her past as she considers adopting, while Peyton (Hilarie Burton) gets a visit from an old friend.
Old 04-13-08, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 414 Likes on 299 Posts
I am not really sure where the rest of this season is going or what could possibly happen in season six, but I will be watching. I have even started to like gossip girl as well.
Old 04-14-08, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,629 Likes on 2,603 Posts
I'm really looking forward to it's return tonight. I'm mostly interested in seeing how Dan comes into play in these last 6 episodes. I have a feeling we're going to be seeing Lucas moping and in denial the entire episode. I think Gossip Girl and this will make a great combination.
Old 04-14-08, 11:23 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Karen has returned as well, as has Andy (her boyfriend from Season 2?). We will also see the return of
Spoiler:
Deb
very soon.
Old 04-14-08, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great news Gizmo. I really miss that character on the show more than I though I would. Does anyone now why the CW changed the day it airs from Tuesday to Monday?
Old 04-14-08, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 414 Likes on 299 Posts
Probably to pair it up with Gossip Girl, good combination, but it conflicts with How i met your mother for me. I know OTH is always a talky kind of show, but this episode was kind of boring to me, and on top of that they make Dan look like a perv talking to Jamie at school. I enjoyed seeing the record store clerk Max even though he was easy to bring back since its the creator Mark Schwann, but his story with Peyton this episode was the best part.
Old 04-14-08, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kenage
Does anyone now why the CW changed the day it airs from Tuesday to Monday?
Most likely to get it away from American Idol, NCIS, and Dancing With The Stars results show. Myself I like it paired with Gossip Girl and there's not alot of big shows on Monday right now except CBS comedies & DWTS.
Old 04-15-08, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Probably to pair it up with Gossip Girl, good combination, but it conflicts with How i met your mother for me. I know OTH is always a talky kind of show, but this episode was kind of boring to me, and on top of that they make Dan look like a perv talking to Jamie at school. I enjoyed seeing the record store clerk Max even though he was easy to bring back since its the creator Mark Schwann, but his story with Peyton this episode was the best part.
Boring is a great way to describe this episode.
Old 04-15-08, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mark Schwann also wrote the episode. He obviously has changed the direction of the show to match the age of audience.

Didn't care for the episode at all.
Old 04-15-08, 06:32 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
they seem to throw 2-3 episodes like this every season

This was one of the worst with the Nathan and Hayley stuff being the least worst

Peyton is just annoying now
Old 04-15-08, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
What an excruciatingly boring episode.

Peyton is just annoying now
Now?
Old 04-15-08, 09:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad to see it wasn't just me that was bored with the episode.

The only thing I can really say, and it's as if we didn't already know it, Brooke's mom is a major league biotch, doing that to her daughter. I'd love to see Dan square off with her.
Old 04-15-08, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Didn't see it, but did this episode feature any Foo Fighters songs or did they just lift the album title?
Old 04-15-08, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk God

This was a very "talky" episode, but I didn't hate it. I agree that OTH does an episode or two like this every season. I liked seeing Max (Mark Schwahn) in the episode. I actually enjoyed Peyton's scenes in this episode. As I predicted Lucas spent the entire hour moping around and still in denial.

I noticed that Dan's hair was shorter in the continuation scene from him bringing back Jamie. A continuity error like that is hard to avoid because of the strike.

I don't get why Brooke really wants to adopt so bad. It's not like she's over 40 and single with her biological clock running out. She's only 22 for heaven's sake. I guess she more or less wants to prove that she can be a better parent than her Mom.

So Nathan is going to attempt a comeback? Hmmm, maybe we'll be seeing him try out for the NBDL. I believe there might be a team in North Carolina.
Old 04-16-08, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
This was a very "talky" episode, but I didn't hate it. I agree that OTH does an episode or two like this every season. I liked seeing Max (Mark Schwahn) in the episode. I actually enjoyed Peyton's scenes in this episode. As I predicted Lucas spent the entire hour moping around and still in denial.
They do do an episode or four like this almost every season, and they are typically my favorite. They are the reason I love this show. These instropective episodes as well as the crazy ones (like "Dare Night," "Date Night," and the camping episode for example) are my favorite. They are either out-there crazy and wild or they make you think about yourself a little bit. I love how the writers can make me not only relate to this character but use their experiences as a faciliation of what I need to be processing...
Old 04-16-08, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by critterdvd
They do do an episode or four like this almost every season, and they are typically my favorite. They are the reason I love this show. These instropective episodes as well as the crazy ones (like "Dare Night," "Date Night," and the camping episode for example) are my favorite. They are either out-there crazy and wild or they make you think about yourself a little bit. I love how the writers can make me not only relate to this character but use their experiences as a faciliation of what I need to be processing...
I agree, you need to have a few dialogue driven episodes like these to better understand the characters feelings/emotions. I actually thought Hilarie Burton did a good job with all the dialogue she had in her scenes. Not everyone likes dialogue driven episodes, but they are needed.
Old 04-16-08, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
I actually thought Hilarie Burton did a good job with all the dialogue she had in her scenes. Not everyone likes dialogue driven episodes, but they are needed.
Provided they have something to say. These types of shows are certainly not needed. OTH dialog has always been sophomoric and much better dialog could be found on FNL. This was just tedious drivel.
Old 04-16-08, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I enjoyed the episode, plus it did feature both Scott boys trying to give a beat-down to their old man at the start of the episode. That counts for something.
Old 04-21-08, 10:50 AM

Count me on the "boring episode" bandwagon. This show takes itself way too seriously sometimes.

I was surprised to see Lindsay still around. I thought for sure they were dumping her to force another Lucas/Peyton reunion on us.