Desperate Housewives - "Sunday" - 04/13/08

Old 04-13-08, 12:14 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Desperate Housewives - "Sunday" - 04/13/08

"Sunday"
Spoiler:
Katherine is unable to keep some of her secrets; Susan's young, attractive cousin reveals more than expected; a surprise wedding ceremony has its share of secrets.
Old 04-13-08, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't wait!
Old 04-13-08, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cool, didn't realize that it was time for new episodes again.

Thanks for the head's up!

By the way, does anybody know when The Shield or Rescue Me start up again?
Old 04-13-08, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Heat
Cool, didn't realize that it was time for new episodes again.

Thanks for the head's up!

By the way, does anybody know when The Shield or Rescue Me start up again?
The Shield will probably air in September. There has been no confirmed date on Rescue Me's return. TV Guide said Spring 2009, but that seems way far off.

Very pleased that DH is finally back. I read on Dana Delany's web site that they are working 6 days a week to complete these remaining episodes.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-13-08 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-13-08, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When did that change DJariya? I thought Rescue Me was supposed to start July 1, 2008. Season 5 was slated to have 22 episodes but due to the strike they split them into seasons five and six.
Old 04-13-08, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by bigjim25
When did that change DJariya? I thought Rescue Me was supposed to start July 1, 2008. Season 5 was slated to have 22 episodes but due to the strike they split them into seasons five and six.
Really July 1? Didn't know that. Someone asked a question on Ask Ausiello and he reported Spring 2009. Like I said, that seems wrong since I read they started filming last month and they should be able to have episodes ready this summer.
Old 04-13-08, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm very excited! I think my Mom has even been more excited. She told me a couple of weeks ago that she saw the previews on ABC, and thought that they were going to start airing new episodes that weekend. When I told her it was still a couple of weeks away, at that point, she told me I was wrong. I told her that I would check on the internet, and when I found out, I would call her back. I checked, and sure enough, I was right about the day. I called her back, and she was totally bummed. I'm getting ready to call her, and make sure she's all ready to watch it, but, I'm sure she'll tell me she's already got it set on the Tivo. LOL!
Old 04-14-08, 02:09 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

The Gabby/Carlos stuff was the highlight of the show
Old 04-14-08, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MrX
Yes! Very funny! Also, Bree trying to "poach" Lynette away from the Catholics!
Old 04-14-08, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX

They're a riot - the whole show could be their slapstick and I would be entertained.
Old 04-14-08, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
I'm very excited! I think my Mom has even been more excited. She told me a couple of weeks ago that she saw the previews on ABC, and thought that they were going to start airing new episodes that weekend. When I told her it was still a couple of weeks away, at that point, she told me I was wrong. I told her that I would check on the internet, and when I found out, I would call her back. I checked, and sure enough, I was right about the day. I called her back, and she was totally bummed. I'm getting ready to call her, and make sure she's all ready to watch it, but, I'm sure she'll tell me she's already got it set on the Tivo. LOL!
Whu?

Great episode. Funny how I didn't really miss it while it was off, but now after watching a new episode, I realize how much I really DID miss it!
Old 04-14-08, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Whu?
You couldn't follow that? It really doesn't matter. Basically, as excited as I was for the new episodes to start, my Mom was actually even more excited. I just thought it was funny.
Old 04-14-08, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I love that Chris Carmack character. What a completely ridiculous plot device he is. "Oh yeah, BTW Susan, I witnessed this completely bizarre event when I was living with you that summer and never thought to mention it before now. What, you've never mentioned me to anyone either? You don't say."
Old 04-14-08, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I love that Chris Carmack character. What a completely ridiculous plot device he is. "Oh yeah, BTW Susan, I witnessed this completely bizarre event when I was living with you that summer and never thought to mention it before now. What, you've never mentioned me to anyone either? You don't say."
I agree. That came out of left field and felt very forced and manipulative. That's the best they could come up with? Oh, and him sleeping with Katherine? Saw that one coming a mile away. They were very sloppy with this plot line.

Have to say, minus the Carlos and Gabby scenes, this episode was very meh for me.
Old 04-14-08, 11:19 AM

Can someone help me out on why Katherine's daughter doesn't remember things that happened? If the Susan's cousin slept with Katherine when he was 16, and he seems to be about 25? now, that was about 10 years ago - so the daughter would be 8? If she was like 4 or 5 I could understand her not remembering/being brainwashed.

Help out a confused fan! BTW, as we were were watching it, I was like "How did Carlos become Blind?" - the writers strike left me with some memory loss.

at Lynette raising her hand in church!
Old 04-14-08, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Doug Heffernan
Can someone help me out on why Katherine's daughter doesn't remember things that happened? If the Susan's cousin slept with Katherine when he was 16, and he seems to be about 25? now, that was about 10 years ago - so the daughter would be 8? If she was like 4 or 5 I could understand her not remembering/being brainwashed.

Help out a confused fan! BTW, as we were were watching it, I was like "How did Carlos become Blind?" - the writers strike left me with some memory loss.

I still believe that part of Katherine's secret is that this Dylan is the not the original Dylan.
Old 04-14-08, 11:48 AM

I still believe that part of Katherine's secret is that this Dylan is the not the original Dylan.

I always thought that too, but how do you replace your kid, and what happened to the original Dylan?

I used to think the reason they moved away suddenly was because of Dylan being killed or something, but don't we now know that the reason they moved away is because Katherine killed the husband?

Why doesn't the new Dylan remember anything about her "real" childhood since Julie does, and they are the same age? Is she a robot?

Didn't something "happen" in Dylans old room?

Last edited by Doug Heffernan; 04-14-08 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-14-08, 01:04 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love that Chris Carmack character. What a completely ridiculous plot device he is.
Hey, he was free after basically playing the same character on The O.C.
Old 04-14-08, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by MrE
Hey, he was free after basically playing the same character on The O.C.
Will his dad turn out to be gay on DH, too?
Old 04-14-08, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is she a robot?
Kinda looks similar...
Old 04-14-08, 03:07 PM

I seem to remember somebody mentioning that the cousin last visited 12 years ago, so the daughter being 4 at the time would make sense.
Old 04-14-08, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

She said she was about to turn 18 (loved the reaction of Susan's cousin, then Susan, upon hearing that, lol) so she'd have been about 6, actually.

Great episode, I am SO glad this show is finally back!

Rob

Last edited by RobCA; 04-14-08 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-14-08, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

good stuff! glad this show is back.
Old 04-15-08, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by magiccmom
Have to say, minus the Carlos and Gabby scenes, this episode was very meh for me.
With the Carlos and Gabby scenes included, I felt the same way. They lost the momentum they had before the strike..
Old 04-15-08, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rogue588
With the Carlos and Gabby scenes included, I felt the same way. They lost the momentum they had before the strike..
While I don't agree with you on the Carlos and Gabby stuff (it was the best stuff of the episode), I do agree that they lost the momentum they had before the strike. That was to be expected, really, because of the time that has passed. However, rumor has it that they'll be picking up some MAJOR momentum, especially towards the last episode of the season.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.