Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock the Cradle - (American Idol for grown kids of rock stars)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-03-08, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anyone watch this? It premiered tonight on MTV. It's a new American Idol type show, but all the contestants are sons & daughters of famous rockers. (Olivia Newton-John, Kenny Loggins, Bobby Brown, MC Hammer, etc.)

The house band appears to be the same one as on Rock Star, which is pretty cool.

It was funny to see how many of these kids probably wouldn't have made the first round of American Idol. ONJ's daughter was awful.

Joe Walsh's daughter was really good.
Old 04-03-08, 11:29 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I came in here to see if there was a post about this. I agree with the above comments. Olivia Newton John's daughter was horrendous... seriously, 'bad Idol audition' horrendous. It sounded like she was singing in a thick Eastern Eurpoean accent. And Belinda Carlisle gave her a 9.5? Does BC think she's judging The WB's Superstar USA?

Lucy Walsh has a sweetness to her voice that I really liked.

The judging immunity system is a decent idea, if only the judge's scores made any sort of sense.
Old 04-04-08, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

ONJ's daughter is Chloe Lattanzi. She's been trying to break through the music biz with the help of her mom now for years. She's a fan of Christina Aguilera. I'd like to watch this show just because of her relationship with Olivia.
Old 04-04-08, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by big whoppa
ONJ's daughter is Chloe Lattanzi. She's been trying to break through the music biz with the help of her mom now for years. She's a fan of Christina Aguilera. I'd like to watch this show just because of her relationship with Olivia.
The kid's parents are there in the audience and interviewed after the performance. ONJ was very supportive of her daughter. Bobby Brown was kind of standoffish about his son.

I felt bad for Lucy Walsh, her father wasn't even there. She said he was on tour, but she had previously said he did not want her to do the show at all, so it seemed kind of like he wasn't being supportive of her which was kind of sad.

I kind of wish they would show or talk to these kids other parents, especially since in many cases they were primarily raised by the non-star parent.
Old 04-04-08, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sounds interesting. I'll have to see if it is airing anywhere in Canada. How many episodes is this supposed to last?