Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes Returns; Origins Dies - Volume 3 information

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-08, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hayden is on letterman now Damn, i wish i knew how to do screen caps from my hdtv to computer
Old 09-06-08, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-a8gcxnjPVA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-a8gcxnjPVA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 09-06-08, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts
Promo images here

Spoiler:
Looks like everyone who we are supposed to think is dead is not actually dead. Nathan, Noah and Nikki all appear. What a fucking waste of time. Death has zero meaning on this show, so they should probably stop trying to shock us with these events.
Old 09-06-08, 04:42 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Draven
Promo images here

Spoiler:
Looks like everyone who we are supposed to think is dead is not actually dead. Nathan, Noah and Nikki all appear. What a fucking waste of time. Death has zero meaning on this show, so they should probably stop trying to shock us with these events.
Didn't we already know that
Spoiler:
Noah
was alive? Dude, the show is essentially a comic book, what hero/villain actually stay's dead?
Old 09-06-08, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Didn't we already know that
Spoiler:
Noah
was alive? Dude, the show is essentially a comic book, what hero/villain actually stay's dead?
Bucky Barnes.
Jason Todd.

...oh, never mind.
Old 09-08-08, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Those are sidekicks. :P Heroes never stay dead.

I sort of agree with the premise that people don't actually stay dead since they are going for a "comic book" feel to the show. However, then I also agree that they should stop trying to "shock" us by telling us these characters are going to be dead, only to bring them back next week. Lame plot twists/sloppy writing, IMO.
Old 09-08-08, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts
Originally Posted by Xander

I sort of agree with the premise that people don't actually stay dead since they are going for a "comic book" feel to the show. However, then I also agree that they should stop trying to "shock" us by telling us these characters are going to be dead, only to bring them back next week. Lame plot twists/sloppy writing, IMO.
Exactly. It's not a cliffhanger if they always come back.
Old 09-08-08, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Originally Posted by Xander
They brought them back anyway. Captain Marvel (the Marvel one) too, kinda. Nobody in comics stays dead. Nobody.

They already gave themselves an out with the whole blood thing anyway.
Old 09-09-08, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
Are we sure this is a Heroes thread? There aren't any annoying nicknames for the characters being used.

I'm looking forward to the show, despite not really enjoying it since the final episode of season 1. Hiro is always a good time, though.
Old 09-09-08, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by fujishig
They brought them back anyway. Captain Marvel (the Marvel one) too, kinda. Nobody in comics stays dead. Nobody.

They already gave themselves an out with the whole blood thing anyway.
Regardless, you're sort of missing my point. Just because they CAN bring them back doesn't mean they SHOULD.

And is anyone else disappointed to see Wonder Twin:Suck in the promo photos? I was hoping she would go away after last season.
Old 09-17-08, 09:04 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
The Villains have been revealed...

http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery...d=703&aid=3374

Here are 7 screenshots from the USA Today slideshow...

Spoiler:

Old 09-17-08, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

yay a
Spoiler:
Weevil sighting.
Old 09-17-08, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What the hell?

Looks like Heroes is turning into
Spoiler:
Prison Break.
Old 09-18-08, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
I started watching this show off and on during S1 but I didn't stick with it. As a huge Comic/Superhero fan I don't know why I did that.

Anyway, I just rented S1 and S2 and got all caught up so I'm ready for S3.

Q: Does one need to bother with the non tv material to stay up with the show/series?
Old 09-18-08, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Q: Does one need to bother with the non tv material to stay up with the show/series?
For a casual viewer, I'd say no.

For someone who's really into the series, I'd say they should make an effort to read the online comics at the NBC site. They provide quite a bit of background (like the Haitian's childhood, how Linderman got hooked up with Pa Patrelli) and expand on some of the side stories. Also, Hana, the Israeli internet chick from season one, gets most of her storyline told in the comics.
Old 09-18-08, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Rypro 525
yay a
Spoiler:
Weevil sighting.
Yea! Another Veronica alum. Kring must be a Veronica Mars fan.
Old 09-18-08, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
For a casual viewer, I'd say no.

For someone who's really into the series, I'd say they should make an effort to read the online comics at the NBC site. They provide quite a bit of background (like the Haitian's childhood, how Linderman got hooked up with Pa Patrelli) and expand on some of the side stories. Also, Hana, the Israeli internet chick from season one, gets most of her storyline told in the comics.
Oh wow...ok. So these online comics are still there? Is there any other material I should check out?
Old 09-18-08, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The online comics are available here: http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/

Though wikipedia has a list that's easier to navigate than the NBC site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...graphic_novels
Old 09-18-08, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't read the novels, so I might try catch up on them over the course of the season. Maybe.
Old 09-18-08, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by Goldberg74
The Villains have been revealed...

http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery...d=703&aid=3374

Here are 7 screenshots from the USA Today slideshow...

Spoiler:

holy shit! Bubs and Marlo!
Old 09-19-08, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

eh, its a season 3 clip (and proof that KB is in the first episode), i don't know, obviously if it contains spoilers or not but

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ti-XBSGd7CU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ti-XBSGd7CU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 09-19-08, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
I'm excited about the villains breaking out of their cells and going nuts. It's about time Heroes gets more villains. It'll make things more interesting.

I'm a big fan of the show and I was really disappointed by collection of the online comics found here (in Hardcover form):
http://www.amazon.com/Heroes-Vol-1-T.../dp/1401217052

I paid about $30 for that book and was disappointed by the stories. Yes it did give me some background on Pa Patrelli/Linderman and a LOT of backstory on Hana but the stories were very uninspired. Also I believe the stories were supposed to supplement instead of show anything new (since I believe they were released in-between Seasons 1 and 2).

Hana was more interesting when she randomly showed up for a couple episodes in Season 1. A whole background story devoted to her in comic form was sort of boring.

Very excited about Season 3 though!
Old 09-19-08, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Originally Posted by asianxcore

I'm a big fan of the show and I was really disappointed by collection of the online comics found here (in Hardcover form):
http://www.amazon.com/Heroes-Vol-1-T.../dp/1401217052

I paid about $30 for that book and was disappointed by the stories. Yes it did give me some background on Pa Patrelli/Linderman and a LOT of backstory on Hana but the stories were very uninspired. Also I believe the stories were supposed to supplement instead of show anything new (since I believe they were released in-between Seasons 1 and 2).

Hana was more interesting when she randomly showed up for a couple episodes in Season 1. A whole background story devoted to her in comic form was sort of boring.

Very excited about Season 3 though!
I could be wrong, but I believe the collection shown (v.1) was actually put up one at a time between episodes... It was definitely better to follow it week to week as you were watching the shows, to fill in some of the more obvious blank spots (how did they recapture Sylar, etc.).

The second collection, which is coming out soon, should have the stories that were put up during the second season... though I'm not sure if they added material, since season 2 was much shorter.

They are very short stories done by a variety of creators, so I can see why you thought it was a bit of a rip-off... keep in mind that these were put up for free. As a Heroes fan, I had no problem getting the collection.
Old 09-20-08, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Actually, the comics are released weekly, every week, whether there's a show or not: During the summer, during the writers' strike, while the show is on hiatus.

They're currently up to 105 or so.
Old 09-21-08, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone that has Verizon Fios Cable, check out the on demand fall preview.

Spoiler:
It shows extensive Sylar messing around with Claire's brain!