DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Smallville -- "Traveler" -- 3/20/2008 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/527750-smallville-traveler-3-20-2008-a.html)

rfduncan 03-20-08 08:16 AM

Smallville -- "Traveler" -- 3/20/2008

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
Lionel has Clark kidnapped, and when Chloe and Lana confront him, he makes them think Lex is the culprit. Chloe and Lana then beg Jor-El to restore Kara's memory because she's the only person who can rescue Clark.

Certainly a more promising premise than last week's "Pete crews kryptonite Stride and look out!" -ohbfrank-

Michael Corvin 03-20-08 08:44 AM

Sounds good, but pretty much anything would after last week's episode.

starseed1981 03-20-08 08:48 AM

^^ Ditto ^^

Orbi-Wan Techno 03-20-08 08:08 PM

Great episode. Kara gets her memory back, both Luthors continue their never ending slide into evil, and no freak of the week. And Brainiac next week.

Patman 03-20-08 08:25 PM

Finally, a more epic-y mythology-ish episode that didn't bore us with the soapiness that a few of the past episodes have been.

Lex is one cold-blooded bastiche with his execution orders at the end. Didn't think Gina Holden was going to be one-n-done. Boo!

Still leaning towards Lionel being conflictedly good, but Clark is going to be on-alert for the time being.

Nice to see the gals being pro-active and carrying the day as Clark was rotted in his K-age.

Milt Fargus 03-20-08 09:04 PM

Does anyone know where I can watch the episodes online? I always work until 8:00 on Thursday night and it sucks that I have to miss them.

Vipper II 03-20-08 09:14 PM

At the end, why did the driver step out of the vehicle to do the deed? Why didn't he just turn around in the front seat and do it? It certainly would have reduced the risk of someone seeing him.

Patman 03-20-08 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Vipper II
At the end, why did the driver step out of the vehicle to do the deed? Why didn't he just turn around in the front seat and do it? It certainly would have reduced the risk of someone seeing him.

To maintain the maximum coverage in case she ducked out of the car door, then he'd had to get out of the car and go chase her (she'd probably jump into the water, making it a harder kill to validate to Lex).

Mysteryfan 03-20-08 10:19 PM

Really liked how they tied in the Queens and the Teagues. Solid episode tonight.

marty888 03-20-08 10:35 PM

Back on track - totally enjoyable from start to finish!

Mercury&Solace 03-21-08 12:11 AM

Solid episode, I get a little tired of the back and fourth with Lionel over the years, he's good, he's bad, he's good, he's bad. But overall a solid episode.

Too bad they killed off Swan's daughter, I think she could have been a cool character.

Giantrobo 03-21-08 01:21 AM

Kara is the only character I can care about at this point second only to the tie between Lex and Kal.

The ep was ok, Luthor Sr. is lame with his "good/bad" back and forth shit.

I feel like this show honestly <i>wants</i> to go somewhere. I feel like it kinda wants to grow...but something...or someone... is holding it back not allowing it to hit its potential.

rfduncan 03-21-08 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mysteryfan
Really liked how they tied in the Queens and the Teagues. Solid episode tonight.

Yes except how is it that this comes up NOW and not when Jason was kicking around Smallville?

Originally Posted by Vipper II

I thought the same thing! :lol: Seems to me that they didn't have the actress (or didn't want to pay her) for that scene.

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I feel like this show honestly wants to go somewhere. I feel like it kinda wants to grow...but something...or someone... is holding it back not allowing it to hit its potential.

Could it be the show's producers Joe Shuster & Jerry Siegel who have always sworn the "no flights, no tights" rule? Seriously, we all know it HAS to happen sooner or later!

Nice to see Chief Petty Officer Galen Tyrol return if only to be bumped off by Lionel within the hour.

Either this was one of the best episodes, or I'm still reelling from the Stride last week...

Mysteryfan 03-21-08 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Yes except how is it that this comes up NOW and not when Jason was kicking around Smallville?

Wasn't some of this hinted at in some of the scenes with Lionel and Mrs. Teague. Didn't Lionel also poison her (and then gave her the antidote)?

riley_dude 03-21-08 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mysteryfan

I remember the Teagues but can someone refresh my memory about the Queens?

Axeramm 03-22-08 01:36 AM

The Queens are Oliver's parents. Green Arrow

Chauzer 03-22-08 01:56 AM

who were the teagues?

GuessWho 03-22-08 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Chauzer
who were the teagues?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/sm...eve_Teague.jpg http://www.supernatural.tv/jensen2.jpg

Patman 03-22-08 08:42 AM

Mrs. Teague is still alive, right?

Giantrobo 03-22-08 08:50 AM

Where the Teagues created for this show or do they have a history in the DCU comics?

stingermck 03-22-08 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Could it be the show's producers Joe Shuster & Jerry Siegel who have always sworn the "no flights, no tights" rule? Seriously, we all know it HAS to happen sooner or later!

You mean Gough and Millar, Siegal and Shuster created Supes. I dont think they had a problem with tights and flights (jumping) :)

A good episode. The series needs more mythology episodes like this.

dpz301 03-22-08 05:18 PM

thought the episode was good. kara's return of powers was pretty weak though. let's just go to the fortress and say clark needs help? after all the stuff jor-el usually asks for :down:

riley_dude 03-22-08 08:04 PM

Kara breaking Clark out of the Kryptonite cage was cool.

By the way, where has Krypto been?

mikehunt 03-23-08 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by dpz301
thought the episode was good. kara's return of powers was pretty weak though. let's just go to the fortress and say clark needs help? after all the stuff jor-el usually asks for :down:

we didn't even get to have Jor El talk to Chloe
I'm sure they could have had a cool conversation

PHMustang2000 03-23-08 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Sounds good, but pretty much anything would after last week's episode.

I didn't think last weeks episode was "that" bad. It wasn't as bad as that Vampire Episode

I am glad we just had an episode to where we saw Pete again and good they still care for his character and didn't just write him out. I would still love to see Pete,Martha and maybe Jonathon (flashback or something) before the series ends next year. I also hope that Lana and Lex agree to at least be in the series finale.