TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

LOST -- "Ji Yeon" -- 03.13.2008

Old 03-14-08, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cracksky
Jack may have already gone back to the island by this time (July/August-ish '05).
Doubt it since Jack was at Kate's trial. Aaron would only be 8 or 9 months old in July/Aug 05, but he was clearly shown as around 2 years old with Kate.
Old 03-14-08, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by redskull
I think all the Zoe-mania stems from the stinkin' spoilerific opening credits. 7 weeks ago people noticed her name in the credits & thought, "Hey, Zoe Bell's gonna be on Lost. She was awesome in Deathproof. Cool" And then she didn't show up (except as a voice). So then everyone thought, "No problem, she'll be on next week." But it just went on and on and on until finally people are all screaming "OH MY GOD, WHERE'S ZOE BELL?"

I know it's a SAG rule for everyone to have to be included in the credits, but they need to figure out a way around it, since the credits totally spoiled Michael's "surprise" appearance.
FWIW, Zoe Bell was Juliet's body double for the female fight scene at the Tempest. At least she got some work!
Old 03-14-08, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I guess I'd like to know why Sun's family (father esp) didn't show up for the birth. That seems very odd to me, considering her father probably was terribly upset when she went missing. I guess.... did her family even know she was on that flight?
Old 03-14-08, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm really surprised only Hugo showed up of the remaining O6 to see Sun's new baby. It's not like they have to pay (remember about the Golden tickets Jack mentioned from Oceanic). Afraid to fly again maybe? Of course, Kate can't leave L.A...Sayid's busy killing people...Jack may have already gone back to the island by this time (July/August-ish '05).
I think this episode showed Hurley before he was back in the hospital.

The thing that really peaked my interest in the episode was that Jin was all of a sudden speaking and understanding English in such a short time. Remember all of these events have been over a week or so and his progression has been questionable.

In season one Hurley shows up on the TV as the lottery winner when Jin runs into the man's home to beat him up. In season two, Jin appears to Hurley in a dream, speaking perfect English next to the chicken suit. Then Jin suggests that Hurley is the one speaking Korean. Perhaps the Hurley/Jin/Sun future connection has been playing out all along?
Old 03-14-08, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by suziq999
I guess I'd like to know why Sun's family (father esp) didn't show up for the birth. That seems very odd to me, considering her father probably was terribly upset when she went missing. I guess.... did her family even know she was on that flight?
My guess is that we're dealing with a situation one way or another where she has been disowned.
Old 03-14-08, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
My guess is that we're dealing with a situation one way or another where she has been disowned.
That's what I was just thinking too. Old man Paik probably figured out she was running away when going to the US. Or he's a partner with Widmore and can't see her because of that or something. Or he's dead. Who knows.
Old 03-14-08, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by mkdevo
in Sayid's episode, when he was playing golf, didn't the guy he killed mention him being part of the O6? i think he did.
He did say that.
Old 03-14-08, 10:16 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by achau9598
But this is Lost ... sometimes these little "events" have more to them than just a guy walking by the door. If someone could confirm with a screen cap, I would appreciate it. Thanks
Old 03-14-08, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Palaver
He did say that.
I thought Sayid introduced himself as one of the 06 right before he shot him. The guy certainly looked shocked.
Old 03-14-08, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Interesting point about Sayid. Someone's going to have to go back and check out that scene Just checked it out on ABC.com. About 4:45 minutes into The Economist Sayid reveals he is living off a settlement from a plane crash..."Oceanic Airlines flight 815. I am Sayid Jarrah, one of the Oceanic 6." At which point the guy seems spooked, takes his golf swing, wins the bet and gets shot by Sayid.

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Could be if she is claiming the baby is someone other than Jin's. That would bring shame on the family name.

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Is anyone even reading the thread by this point? I know I usually give up after 7 or 8 pages. The episode was a little disappointing to me as I guessed the plot twist correctly within about 5 minutes. Something just seemed off about Jin's scenes so I figured the writers were doing the flashback/flashforward thing.
Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly
No, i give up by page four or five. It's usually just mindless rambling arguments about theories that will never happen. It gives me a headache.
Thanks for the input guys!

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 03-14-08 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-14-08, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

This season is the best yet. It amazes me the talent of this writing team and the consistency of the episodes and how great they are week to week.

The greatest show in the history of dramatic television.
*ahem*

Still, Lost is pretty damn good.

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Or that faced with the fact that Sun, the love of his life, the woman he's nearly lost multiple times before, the woman who's baby, Jin's baby, is potentially in great peril due to the island -- when faced with complications in her pregnancy, the birth of his daughter, and the potential that both of them may day today, the most important thing in Jin's life is acquiring a stuffed panda.

Originally Posted by Zee
For a while there I was wondering if there was some conspiracy going on...the shifty eyes on the nurse who injected Sun with what could have been any kind of crazy drug, the mysterious man who ran over Jin's cell phone, the doctor not being the one Sun usually sees...I thought Ben or some Dharma folks were going to come snatch the baby for research. Clearly, I was thinking too hard.
That's what I was thinking, das.

Overall, a pretty good episode. I actually yelled at my TV when Juliet snitched on Sun.

Also, since when is Mr. Paik involved in this conspiracy now? Is everyone assuming this just because he's wealthy?

Also, nice to see Delroy Lindo back on TV.
Old 03-14-08, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by redskull
I think all the Zoe-mania stems from the stinkin' spoilerific opening credits.
I wanted to see a fistfight between her and the captain while she was strapped to the bow of the ship.
Old 03-14-08, 11:28 PM
Banned

Anyone have any theories on what Faraday was gonna attempt to do out in the forest when last we saw him?
Okay, answering my own question then. A boatload of juicy info on the map he and Charlotte were looking at. The part that's hard to read says:

8 degrees N 33 degrees E

Follow the river
to the East end of
the Grotto - head
due East towards
the smaller mountain
range. Helipad found
just North of mountains.

At the top of the map it says:

possible door through Northern mountains with an arrow pointing up through two mountain ranges. Could this be where one travels to and from the island?

There is also a Dharma symbol (much like for the hatches) in the mountains. This is either another hatch or the Helipad.

Old 03-14-08, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Bus
Also, since when is Mr. Paik involved in this conspiracy now? Is everyone assuming this just because he's wealthy?
It's just a guess...the reasoning for me being that at one point or another (maybe during that "game" they had a couple summers ago), it was sort of implied that Paik Industries worked with Hanso or Widmore, I think. And it would sort of be right up his alley, what with his mafia-type dealings and such.
Old 03-14-08, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There is also a Dharma symbol (much like for the hatches) in the mountains. This is either another hatch or the Helipad.
That looks like the symbol for the Tempest, where they were last week, with the gas.
Old 03-14-08, 11:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by aktick
That looks like the symbol for the Tempest, where they were last week, with the gas.
Yes, I thought that as well. The helipad is more likely on a flatter surface anyway. My guess is that Lapidus and the other guy from the freighter are meeting up with Charlotte and Dan here (at the helipad). They have to find that door so they can ultimately get the survivors back (Oceanic 6).
Old 03-15-08, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll post some of the more interesting screenshots to past the time! All taken from the easter eggs website.

Here a picture of the axe in the boat.

Michael undercover

Satellite photos of the island in the captain's chambers.

Razzle Dazzle! Nikki in Expose.
Old 03-15-08, 07:24 AM

I haven't seen this mentioned here, but EW's writer suggests that the Zoe Bell character killed herself because she was Naomi's lover. He says the inscribed bracelet Naomi wore was a gift from the Bell character. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 03-15-08, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Count me in the boat of "who the fuck cares about Zoe Bell."
Old 03-15-08, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk God

I love reading these threads, but not because of the show. The fact that some people on here think they know everything about this show, but have been proven wrong time and time again makes me
Old 03-15-08, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Are those photos really as brown as they look like in the picture?

Damn, the more I watch this show... the less I really know for sure.

And do you guys think that the big media-fuss about the 'Oceanic Six' is because of Widmore successfully exploiting the island? Obviously this is a much bigger deal than just survivors from a plane crash (who I think would realistically be on and off Oprah and other shows for a month then you'd never hear of them again).
Old 03-15-08, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Count me in the boat of "who the fuck cares about Zoe Bell."
Is it just me or did anyone think that was Libby at first?
Old 03-15-08, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No, i give up by page four or five. It's usually just mindless rambling arguments about theories that will never happen. It gives me a headache.
QFT
Old 03-15-08, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kennyx
WAY just you.
Old 03-15-08, 03:05 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kennyx
Just you.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.