Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Top Chef: Chicago Series Discussion----Season 4----Premieres 3/12/08

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-08, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only one of those dishes that really followed the challenge IMO was Willy Wonka's.
Old 04-04-08, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Faux-hawk boi is getting on my nerves. At least Marcel and Hung were little bitches but talked smack and made things interesting.

What I don't get, is that they all gushed over the Christmas Story dish during the meal, but yet didnt make it to the best 2.
Old 04-04-08, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
While it probably is the editing, I have a feeling that Zoi could be going home next week. At least that is the only reason I could see her mate that pissed off and passionate about something.

It would also make sense for possibly Zoi as she has now been close to the chopping block quite a bit lately so her time has to come sometime. Jen on the other hand I think will be around for awhile as her stuff seems pretty good.
Old 04-04-08, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Schloob1
While it probably is the editing, I have a feeling that Zoi could be going home next week. At least that is the only reason I could see her mate that pissed off and passionate about something.

It would also make sense for possibly Zoi as she has now been close to the chopping block quite a bit lately so her time has to come sometime. Jen on the other hand I think will be around for awhile as her stuff seems pretty good.
That's what I was thinking. Since they came into the competition knowing that this would happen at some point, they need to roll with the punches.
Old 04-04-08, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Spike and his freakin' pork pie hat MUST be shown the door!
Old 04-04-08, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
What I don't get, is that they all gushed over the Christmas Story dish during the meal, but yet didnt make it to the best 2.
Yeah, that bugged me too.

It didn't seem fair that they sent Manuel home. Shouldn't they have sent home the guy who is supposed to know how to make Vietnamese food, for serving crappy Vietnamese food? If they had served crappy Mexican food, it would have been Manuel who should have gone home. I would send home the guy guy who is supposed to know better.

If I were those dinner guests, I would have been pissed off at not getting a dessert. 6 courses and no dessert? That seems like a rip-off.

I couldn't believe some of those lame dishes they made for the quickfire. Again these chefs seem stumped over cooking with vegetables, since many of the dishes just looked like individual vegetables laid out on a plate with no thought to them.
Old 04-04-08, 04:05 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Again these chefs seem stumped over cooking with vegetables, since many of the dishes just looked like individual vegetables laid out on a plate with no thought to them.
Yeah, it's almost comical how lost some of them seem without a big "protein" at the center of every dish.
Old 04-09-08, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wonder who will get the boot tonight? Will Nikki skate by again? I'm hoping for some individual challenges instead of the group efforts.
Old 04-09-08, 09:45 AM

Nikki or Zoi are the two choices as they've been just getting by lately it seems.

I don't think we're going to get individual challenges anytime soon as there are still a bunch of people left. I enjoy those better than groups as well since if you screw up, its on you and you can't put it off on someone else.
Old 04-09-08, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Keith6601
Nikki or Zoi are the two choices as they've been just getting by lately it seems.
Agreed.
Spoiler:
Maybe Zoi gets the boot and that's why her girlfriend is pissed off kicking chairs (from the previews). They should know that there will only be one winner and one of 'em will be sent home)
Old 04-09-08, 10:17 AM
Banned

They should know that there will only be one winner and one of 'em will be sent home
Three people make it to the final week when they pick a winner, so there's a scenario where neither of them is "sent home". There's not really much of a chance of that happening, but with this show, you never know.*

* Despite the perception that we "know" who the better chefs are, we really don't because we can't taste the food and we don't see the unedited judges' responses. Plus, as has been stated in several interviews, the judges make a decision based on the dish from that week and try to ignore historical performance (though I'm sure historical performance plays a role)
Old 04-09-08, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Scales on fish= Richard should have been sent home. at ego man Dale being jealous that he didn't win the Italy trip. Spike is a tool.
Old 04-10-08, 12:32 AM

I didn't care for her, but Richard served a dish that could have harmed someone; producer intervention at work.
Old 04-10-08, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
at ego man Dale being jealous that he didn't win the Italy trip.
In all fairness, the Fire dish was mainly Dale and Stephanie's idea that they had to convince Lisa to go along with. Her bacon idea was pretty neat, but I think the lion's share of the credit should go to her teammates. (I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Dale and Lisa were in the final two.) Can you blame him for being pissed, though? That's a hell of a prize to lose out on.

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
Spike is a tool.
Yes. Yes he is. But I still like him, and I can't explain why, considering he can only be relied upon to make substandard dishes. Maybe it's the straw hat. But hell, I'm the only person on this forum last year who liked Howie to the bitter end.
Old 04-10-08, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dale is a pretty big tool as well.
Old 04-10-08, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GreenVulture
In all fairness, the Fire dish was mainly Dale and Stephanie's idea that they had to convince Lisa to go along with. Her bacon idea was pretty neat, but I think the lion's share of the credit should go to her teammates. (I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Dale and Lisa were in the final two.) Can you blame him for being pissed, though? That's a hell of a prize to lose out on.
Yeah, I would be pissed too. It was just funny to see someone with such a huge ego get pissed.

The guest judge really liked her bacon and that it was prepared in a way he had never seen before. I believe that's why she won the trip.

Last edited by LiquidSky; 04-10-08 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-10-08, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cmleidi
I didn't care for her, but Richard served a dish that could have harmed someone; producer intervention at work.
Agreed. I wonder if they would have had Richard pack his knives if someone had choked on the scales?
Old 04-10-08, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I agree as well. Richard IMO will be final 3, because it seems like a smart move for the network.
Old 04-10-08, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by lordwow
I agree as well. Richard IMO will be final 3, because it seems like a smart move for the network.
Even if Tom or Padma had choked on the scales, Richard would not have been sent home. He will be in the Final Three.
Old 04-10-08, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I know that it will never happen, but I would absolutley LOVE to see Gordon Ramsay be a guest judge one week.
Old 04-10-08, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I like the contestants and setup of this show better, but I like Ramsey better than the judges on Top Chef. He comes off as a real prick on Hell's Kitchen, but he's a great chef and businessman that comes through much better on Kitchen Nightmares.
Old 04-16-08, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Maybe Richard can serve up some raw chicken tonight and still not get the axe!
Old 04-16-08, 11:11 PM

I just noticed tonight all the bottles on the freezer, is there always alcohol in the waiting area for judge's table? That would explain alot since Tom has mentioned in numerous blogs how they can take hours sometimes debating the winners and losers. Mark was so gone tonight, I was expecting him to either pass out or throw up while they were talking about the food.

Nikki survives again somehow, although I agree with the decision since it was nowhere near tailgate food he served.

Fridge had the line of the night while he was being told what food was prepared, "yeah let me at the ribs."
Old 04-17-08, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Nikki is so fucking worthless. I cannot wait to see her get shown the door.
Old 04-18-08, 01:56 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I was sure mark was gone, and was surprised that Ryan got the boot.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.