DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The CW announces early pickups of series for 2008-2009 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/526563-cw-announces-early-pickups-series-2008-2009-a.html)

mrpayroll 03-03-08 02:37 PM

The CW announces early pickups of series for 2008-2009

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20080303cw01

[03.03.08 - 12:25 PM]

THE CW ANNOUNCES EARLY PICKUPS OF SERIES
Released by The CW

[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE CW ANNOUNCES EARLY PICKUPS OF SERIES

"Gossip Girl," "One Tree Hill," "Smallville," "Supernatural," "Everybody Hates Chris" And "America's Next Top Model" To Return Next Season

March 03, 2008 (Burbank, California) - The CW announced early pickups of six series today, including the network's signature reality hit, AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL, four dramas and one comedy. All six series will return for the fall season.

The network's most popular series, AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL will return with mega-star Tyra Banks for cycles 11 and 12. Returning dramas include the buzz-worthy freshman hit GOSSIP GIRL and ONE TREE HILL, returning for a sixth season. These three series are the top-ranked shows on television with a concentration of women 18-34 viewers.

Also renewed were the long-running Thursday night team of SMALLVILLE, which will begin its eighth season, and SUPERNATURAL, which will begin its fourth season. In addition, the critically acclaimed comedy EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS will return for season four.
Hmmm, an 8th season for Smallville. Now they are just beating a :horse: !

Chris

Patman 03-03-08 02:42 PM

No love for Reaper.

mphtrilogy 03-03-08 02:48 PM

Aliens in America?

Jadzia 03-03-08 02:50 PM

No Life is Wild? :lol:

Ranger 03-03-08 02:52 PM

Aw, man, I don't know if I can put up with another season of Smallville.

Ayre 03-03-08 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
No Life is Wild? :lol:

Admit it !!! You liked the show.

TGM 03-03-08 03:01 PM

Supernatural! Yeah!

Jadzia 03-03-08 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ayre
Admit it !!! You liked the show.

I actually kinda did. But if wasn't for the strike, there's no way they would have ever shown all the episodes like they did.

I'm still pissed off at how early the CW yanked Runaway last season. I really loved that show and I would have loved to have gotten all 13 episodes of that one.

macnorton 03-03-08 03:22 PM

No Aliens In America or Reaper? That makes no sense

boogieman03 03-03-08 03:23 PM

Great news.

I've enjoyed what I've seen of Reaper, so hopefully that gets picked up as well.

charlie bucket 03-03-08 03:28 PM

Come on Reaper!

jjcool 03-03-08 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
No love for Reaper.

That really does suck. At least they didnt cancel the other two shows that I watch on the channel.

DRG 03-03-08 04:15 PM

No real surprises. I hope Reaper gets another chance but I won't be totally crushed if it doesn't.

Gizmo 03-03-08 04:18 PM

I'm very excited for One Tree Hill, which has been just as good as Season 1 IMO, and I do enjoy Gossip Girl as well. Hopefully they renew Reaper too!

riley_dude 03-03-08 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Supernatural! Yeah!

Yeah!
Smallville too.
Sad about Aliens In America.

dhmac 03-03-08 05:42 PM

Excellent news about Supernatural. Now if the CW would just move it out of that gauntlet of a timeslot!

Doughboy 03-03-08 06:00 PM

Gossip Girl is my new guilty pleasure, so I'm glad to see that's coming back.

One Tree Hill is having its best year since Season 2 thanks to the 4-year flashforward, so I don't mind seeing it continue.

I'm 3 or 4 episodes behind on Smallville, but I'm not feeling it this season at all. Supergirl was a terrible addition to the show and with Rosenbaum reportedly leaving there's really no point in dragging this thing out even more. This should've been a 4 or 5 year series tops.

calhoun07 03-03-08 06:06 PM

So if a show isn't mentioned it's not picked up? These are early picks ups, right? So there's still hope for Reaper and Aliens in America?

antennaball 03-03-08 06:42 PM

OTH! :up:

critterdvd 03-03-08 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
Gossip Girl is my new guilty pleasure, so I'm glad to see that's coming back.

One Tree Hill is having its best year since Season 2 thanks to the 4-year flashforward, so I don't mind seeing it continue.

Exactly my thoughts... now all we need is "Reaper" and I'm good to go!

Mercury&Solace 03-03-08 07:32 PM

SMALLVILLE :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

mverleg1 03-03-08 07:32 PM

Hmm. Michael Rosenbaum (Lex on Smallville) indicated in the middle of the 6th season that the 7th would be his last. It will be interesting to see if they write him out or pay enough to get him to stay.

Nth Power 03-03-08 07:47 PM

I hope Reaper comes back for a second season. -pray-

Jimmy James 03-03-08 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by mverleg1
Hmm. Michael Rosenbaum (Lex on Smallville) indicated in the middle of the 6th season that the 7th would be his last. It will be interesting to see if they write him out or pay enough to get him to stay.

If he has seen a certain episode of Seinfeld, he may be a bit concerned that his hair won't grow back by the end of the series. :lol:

DJariya 03-03-08 08:36 PM

Glad to see One Tree Hill, Smallville and Supernatural and Gossip Girl back for another season.

I think Season 8 of Smallville should finally focus on Lois and Clark hooking up and Clark finally re-locating to Metropolis.