Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles---2 hour Season Finale---3/3/08

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-08, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
I almost teared up at the scene with John watching his 5-year old father playing baseball. I thought that was very well done.

I also really liked the massacre/pool shot.

Totally agree about the baseball scene. I thought that was fantastic, and such a great gift for Dereck to give John, especially with the reveal that he's known the entire time that he's his nephew.

The pool scene was fantastic, especially since it employed the oft-forgoten "Less is More" technique. It changed what could have been a mindless shoot 'em up into something much more artistic. And I LOVED the use of Cash's song, especially since when Ellison was quoting Revelations to Tommy Gavin's brother, I said, "you know, like the Johnny Cash song." after he was done.

I also have to give mad props to both the show and to Brian Austin Greene (still can't believe I just typed those words) for giving me a healthy respect for the actor. He plays it beautifully subdued with bitter anger and sadness boiling just under the surface. Plus, that scene where he capped fake-armenian in the dome was totally badass.

I also liked the touch "This wall isn't here in the future" and then they blow it up, thus ensuring the wall isn't there in the future.

Loved this as well, since it echoed - in a minor way - the whole, "sending your own father back in time to knock up your mother" thing. Ah, fun with time travel!

Does anyone else laugh at the opening voice-over, the way it sounds like Lena Headey trips over the tongue-twister:
"Previously on Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles"
When you say it aloud, Connor Chronicles is hard to say.

(Seem to be quoting the hell out of you, Jadzia - my apologies)

I laugh EVERY time someone says it, whether it be Lena or "The Fox Guy", since my roommates and I always refer to it as some variation of "The Sarah Connor Connah Chrona Conicals....icals" without fail.

-Doc
Old 03-04-08, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
The only thing I can think of is that Cromartie knows that Ellison is on the hunt for Sarah Connor and John Connor so maybe he figures it would be valuable to keep him around in case he finds them for him.
Same thought crossed my mind.
Old 03-04-08, 01:50 PM
Banned

It was a good 1st season, but I didn't like how they are trying to connect the Bible's Book Of Revelation with what's going on. I don't mind it END OF DAYS, DEVIL'S ADVOCATE, THE OMEN but don't try to put it in a sci-fi show.
Old 03-04-08, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver
I also have to give mad props to both the show and to Brian Austin Greene (still can't believe I just typed those words) for giving me a healthy respect for the actor. He plays it beautifully subdued with bitter anger and sadness boiling just under the surface. Plus, that scene where he capped fake-armenian in the dome was totally badass.
I never watched 90120 so I never saw BAG in a role other than Derek Reese. That being said, I think his portrayal of a resistance soldier from the future is spot on. He plays a perfect borderline nut case who is clearly suffering from bouts of PTS.

I love that he has no sense of personal boundaries (i.e., uses Sarah's toothbrush and rummages through her room) and that he's willing to kill anyone to stop the creation of Skynet.
Old 03-04-08, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Loved the scene with Derek bringing the little girl out. "Not my kid" "Not mine either", then covering her eyes and blowing the guy away. Pretty unexpected stuff.
Old 03-04-08, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wm lopez
It was a good 1st season, but I didn't like how they are trying to connect the Bible's Book Of Revelation with what's going on. I don't mind it END OF DAYS, DEVIL'S ADVOCATE, THE OMEN but don't try to put it in a sci-fi show.
I'm gonna guess you've never made the connection between Judgment Day in the Terminator universe and the biblical Judgment Day.
Old 03-04-08, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
I haven't seen anyone question yet why black FBI dude (Ellison?) was not killed by Comartie. Cromartie recognized the name when he was told the files were checked out and spared his life when they met face to face. I have a feeling he turns out to be important to Skynet in the future.
Cromartie only kills threats. Not pussies.
Old 03-04-08, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Peep
Cromartie only kills threats. Not pussies.
Yea, well as terminators in the past have acted, the fact that he was standing in his walking path was him interrupting his mission and reason enough for him to kill him

I'm thinking what someone else mentioned that he has something to do with skynet...maybe not creating skynet, but killing him would have put skynet in danger (made more people look into his work and get further than he has or maybe someone who knows him would have been distraught enough to stop their work which was a piece of skynet's creation)
Old 03-04-08, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok maybe I'm the only one who is bothered by these but
1)So Kyle Reese is alive and like 5 years old in 2007, despite being killed in T1? Even with all the Time Travel this franchise has, we've never seen such a thing. I always assumed die in the past you're dead period. Weird
2)I was surprised Derrek was the older brother. I figured Kyle was. I didn't get to see all of the episode that took place in the future so this may have not been a new thing to everyone but I didn't know it before.
All in all I like the series but for a season finale both episodes were average, this series has done much better episodes.
Old 03-04-08, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,194 Likes on 2,061 Posts
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant
2)I was surprised Derrek was the older brother. I figured Kyle was.
So was I. Considering how much older a 1984 Michael Biehn looks than a 2007 Brian Austen Green I figured Kyle was the older one. I guess they made Derrek the older one so he could play the "protector" role in the series.
Old 03-04-08, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Meh. I'm not sure why I'm just not digging this show. I think I was anticipating more action, and less running and hiding. The finale didn't do much for me either.
Old 03-04-08, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
1)So Kyle Reese is alive and like 5 years old in 2007, despite being killed in T1? Even with all the Time Travel this franchise has, we've never seen such a thing. I always assumed die in the past you're dead period. Weird
I don't think being killed in the past necessarily erases your existence. Kyle Reese was still born (in 2002 or whatever year he was born), grew up and time traveled to the past and protected Sarah Connor.
Old 03-04-08, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by alfredog1976
I don't think being killed in the past necessarily erases your existence. Kyle Reese was still born (in 2002 or whatever year he was born), grew up and time traveled to the past and protected Sarah Connor.
Which, now that you mention it, the original Judgement Day was in 1997, before Kyle was born, according to the show. Which is not really a paradox, but means that I guess we're supposed to believe that originally Kyle was born after JD. But, thanks to blowing up Cyberdyne in T2, Kyle now knows what pre-JD was like.
I think I'm giving this show more thought than it deserves.
Old 03-04-08, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
The Armenian who blew up the jeep was the clerk in the internet/gaming cafe. Sarah over-payed him the first time she went there and then they slammed his head into the counter when they went back to find the Aussie. His daughter was the one in the back room.
I'd have to see it again, but I don't think that was the same guy at all... I think this is a completely different guy. The clerk was just that, a clerk.
Old 03-04-08, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,194 Likes on 2,061 Posts
B.A. is right, the Armenian was the clerk at the front desk. When john found his picture on the computer I realized it was the same guy that Sarah slammed head first into the counter. Also, we never got proof that he was the little girl's father but I think we were supposed to put two and two together to figure that out.
Old 03-04-08, 06:15 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Kyle Reese's future self dying after being sent back to the past has no effect on young Kyle Reese still existing. It's happened in other time travel TV shows/movies as well (for example,

Spoiler:
future Bruce Willis dying in front of young Bruce Willis

in 12 Monkeys).

Useless Trivia: The guy who blew up Cameron is the voice of Dr. Venture on the Venture Bros.

While the show is far from perfect, overall I ended up really enjoying it, and really would like to see what happens next...

...which, knowing my luck, means it's probably going to get canceled.

Last edited by sb5; 03-04-08 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-04-08, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts
Fantastic season!

Great performances from all the cast, especially:

Brian Austin Green
Summer Glau

Hopefully, we'll get this one on Blu-Ray.
Old 03-04-08, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
B.A. is right, the Armenian was the clerk at the front desk. When john found his picture on the computer I realized it was the same guy that Sarah slammed head first into the counter.
Yes, they even showed a quick flash-back to the guy at the counter.
Old 03-04-08, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
Good episode. 2 questions
1) Who was the guy in the last scene who blew up the car and was on John's computer? Were we supposed to recognize him?
The same guy from the tech cafe. Dr. Venture.
Old 03-04-08, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I wasn't really expecting to like this show at all. I didn't care for any of the actors, the general premise, or the fact that it was going to be a weekly TV show. After sitting through the artificially truncated first season I have to say that this is one of my favorite new series of the year. Sure it has some serious continuity issues but I appreciate the fact that they're keeping things grim and not going all camp on the viewers -- save for a few of Cameron's more painful to watch scenes.

I guess I'll just wait for Fox to do the inevitable at this point.
Old 03-04-08, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
B.A. is right, the Armenian was the clerk at the front desk. When john found his picture on the computer I realized it was the same guy that Sarah slammed head first into the counter. Also, we never got proof that he was the little girl's father but I think we were supposed to put two and two together to figure that out.
Guess I missed it then. I thought the clerk was blonder (if that's a word) than the guy who blew up the truck.
Old 03-04-08, 10:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fanboy
I'm gonna guess you've never made the connection between Judgment Day in the Terminator universe and the biblical Judgment Day.
Well, the Bible's doomsday has a lot to do with anti-christ which is something that TERMINATOR can't use since it's the cyborgs that are going to end mankind. So why they even mention the Bible's Book of Revelation to try and connect the story line doesn't make sense.
Old 03-04-08, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought these episodes were a real let down, especially after the great Dr. Silverberg episode. I fell asleep during most of it.
Old 03-05-08, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by wm lopez
Well, the Bible's doomsday has a lot to do with anti-christ which is something that TERMINATOR can't use since it's the cyborgs that are going to end mankind. So why they even mention the Bible's Book of Revelation to try and connect the story line doesn't make sense.
It's a metaphorical reference to a well known story about the end of the world, because the subject matter of the show deals with a similar theme. It's a common literary and dramatic device: they expect you to see that there are certain parallels, but still two different stories.
Old 03-05-08, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Ok maybe I'm the only one who is bothered by these
The producers have already indicated that they are not concerned with details. This is as good as it gets

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.