Old 03-03-08, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brian Austin Greene grew up good.
Old 03-03-08, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
The ending was perfect if this gets picked up - they can recast Cameron!

I vote for Jewel Staite.
Old 03-03-08, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
I vote for Jewel Staite.
I nominate Chris Burke.
Old 03-03-08, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ

Speaking of which, have we learned if Terminator's can heal? I guess their flesh is real so I don't see why not.
They can... Arnie mentions it in T2 when Sarah is pulling bullets out of his back.
Old 03-04-08, 12:01 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
These episodes went by really quickly; a nice way to end the season.

But I thought there was a cliffhanger episode and a "series wrapper" and they were deciding on which one based on the show's future? Am I wrong?
Old 03-04-08, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Brian Austin Greene grew up good.
Definitely! I like the way he has played the part of Derek Reese. Cold, practical and suspicious enough to be a soldier fighting a guerllia war yet still human at the very core (as shown in that park scene).
Old 03-04-08, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Decent finale. I have plenty of minor gripes with the show, but overall it's enjoyable. And Summer IMO is super hot, I hope they don't get rid of her if indeed there is a S2.
Old 03-04-08, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by magiccmom
I thought that was rather effective.
I agree. It was probably pretty inexpensive to shoot too, aquatechnics instead of pyrotechnics. Good tie in between the Rapture imagery and one of Cash's best songs too - The Man Comes Around - in case anyone wants to find it.
Old 03-04-08, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Am I the only one who thought these back-to-back episodes were SUPER boring?
Old 03-04-08, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Originally Posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
I agree. It was probably pretty inexpensive to shoot too, aquatechnics instead of pyrotechnics. Good tie in between the Rapture imagery and one of Cash's best songs too - The Man Comes Around - in case anyone wants to find it.
Yeah I thought that was a great touch.
Old 03-04-08, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I also liked the touch "This wall isn't here in the future" and then they blow it up, thus ensuring the wall isn't there in the future.
Old 03-04-08, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I LOL at Cameron's wink to John.
Old 03-04-08, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I almost teared up at the scene with John watching his 5-year old father playing baseball. I thought that was very well done.

I also really liked the massacre/pool shot.
I agree. Those two scenes were great. I also liked the use of the J.Cash song leading up to the massacre and Cameron's wink.
Old 03-04-08, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
For what was originally suppose to be a normal episode, it worked great as a season finale. The scene with John seeing his 5-year old father was great.

I thought the massacre scene was very well done without being overly violent. Sad to see Catherine Dent go. Since The Shield is now finished, she would have been a nice addition to the cast.

Now I guess we have to see the numbers from tonight's episode and see what FOX does.
Old 03-04-08, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

pretty good wrap up but I thought the car bomb was a little over kill for what might be the last ep in the whole series. Should have just ended with the FBI team down and the "That's was not...." while looking at the cpu screen..

that would have even worked as a maybe series ending ep, being already know Judgment day is going to come anyways.. So the car bomb just sort of felt tacked on, don't need that big of a random cliff hanger like event for a show that only ran like 9 eps.
-
Wow is that your car?
"No it belongs to the guy I killed and stuffed in the trunk"

lol
Old 03-04-08, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Josh Friedman posted a new blog today with some interesting information:

http://sarahconnor.wetpaint.com/page/Producer%27s+Blog

March 3, 2008

If you’re reading this I’m going to bet you already know tonight’s the two hour season finale of TSCC. In case you don’t know, well, you do now. These two episodes were never supposed to be the end of our season, but there was this little thing called the writers’ strike, and there you go. As it happens, if we were going to end somewhere, these two episodes aren’t a bad place to do it. Dumb luck, really. But I’d rather be lucky than good any day. (And I am.)

Dan Thomsen, one of our youngster staff writers, wrote “Vick’s Chip.” Dan’s the kind of guy who doesn’t speak in the writers’ room for a week and then he’ll mumble some piece of genius insight that’ll turn my head inside out. This script was one of the toughest for us to crack—it’s got a deviously challenging structure to it—and I commend Dan for his intelligent work on it.

Ian Goldberg, another one of our staff writers, penned “What He Beheld…” This is probably one of the only seasons in television history where the last two episodes of the season were written by staff writers (the most inexperienced writers on a show). Then again, I’d never written an episode of television before this year so what’s it matter? Both of them were under intense pressure to write quickly and I can’t praise them enough.

This episode features the only non-score music of the entire year and is the only time we’ve cut an action sequence to a piece of music and not vice-versa. I sort of love how it turned out. I’m such a fan of this particular artist that my son’s middle name is the last name of the singer.

As to the ending of the episode…well…there’s some stuff going on in the last five minutes and I’ll leave it to everybody to try and puzzle through the various references both pop and Biblical.

As of this writing it’s unknown whether we’re coming back for Season 2. I’m very proud of Season 1 and I know I speak for John and James when I say how much I appreciate everybody’s intense interest in our show. Hopefully we’ll have the chance to come back and do it again.
Peace,
Josh
Old 03-04-08, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good episode. 2 questions
1) Who was the guy in the last scene who blew up the car and was on John's computer? Were we supposed to recognize him?

2) Can someone explain the timeline real quick? I never saw the first Terminator movie. How is John 16 (or 24 depending on if you count the time jump) while his father is only 8 years old (or so)? Did his father come from the future to 1983 (or so) and knock up Sarah Connor?
Old 03-04-08, 07:11 AM

1) That was the guy who they thought they were buying the turk from - i forget his name.

2) Yes, Kyle was sent back in time from the future to protect Sarah from the first terminator.
Old 03-04-08, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
The Armenian who blew up the jeep was the clerk in the internet/gaming cafe. Sarah over-payed him the first time she went there and then they slammed his head into the counter when they went back to find the Aussie. His daughter was the one in the back room.

I never saw Cameron wink. I don't think Summer Glau has the acting range to pull of such a physical feat.
Old 03-04-08, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Blink and you miss the wink. John and Cameron are in his room, yapping about stuff (I think it was first about Vick feigning human tenderness, and then about Cromartie showing up at school, and then Sarah comes into the room smelling nail polish, and Cameron leaves the room, but not before she says "Just making conversation" walks past Sarah, turns her head towards John and winks. It was weird but funny at the same time.
Old 03-04-08, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
The ending was perfect if this gets picked up - they can recast Cameron!

Although I have no idea if Summer can actually act, in this role she doesn't have to and besides that gives me teh hot.

If they do replace her It would be funny to see them go the original Knightrider way and have a new "model" every year.

I haven't seen anyone question yet why black FBI dude (Ellison?) was not killed by Comartie. Cromartie recognized the name when he was told the files were checked out and spared his life when they met face to face. I have a feeling he turns out to be important to Skynet in the future.
Old 03-04-08, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I haven't seen anyone question yet why black FBI dude (Ellison?) was not killed by Comartie. Cromartie recognized the name when he was told the files were checked out and spared his life when they met face to face. I have a feeling he turns out to be important to Skynet in the future.
Perhaps he was too scared to go in since he sent how many men and women to their deaths? He had a strong hunch what would be facing them and he did it anyway. I frankly think this character is a joke and was sorry to see that he was not added to the body count.

Also shouldn't a traffic command center for the city of Los Angeles be staffed 24/7? Or was that just another point of detail missed by the "writers" of this "show"?
Old 03-04-08, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was going to ask why Cromartie did not kill Ellison also.

The only thing I can think of is that Cromartie knows that Ellison is on the hunt for Sarah Connor and John Connor so maybe he figures it would be valuable to keep him around in case he finds them for him.

Does anyone else laugh at the opening voice-over, the way it sounds like Lena Headey trips over the tongue-twister:
"Previously on Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles"
When you say it aloud, Connor Chronicles is hard to say.
Old 03-04-08, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I almost teared up at the scene with John watching his 5-year old father playing baseball. I thought that was very well done.

I also really liked the massacre/pool shot.

Yeah, I almost cried there too.
Old 03-04-08, 01:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Peep
I agree. Those two scenes were great. I also liked the use of the J.Cash song leading up to the massacre and Cameron's wink.
to all.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.