Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles--"The Demon Hand"--2/25/08

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles--"The Demon Hand"--2/25/08

Old 02-27-08, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Vipper II
It's funny. My attitude is usually the same as yours, but I don't know why I'm being such a nitpick when I've been so dismissive of other similar matters in the past.
I think the reason people are being so nitpicky about the dates is because it is a time travel show. In order to make sense of the plot, you constantly have to analyze the time frame in your brain, and when the times and dates don't match up it makes your brain hurt.
Old 02-27-08, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ckw4b
That Terminator is locked up in an abandoned nuclear fallout shelter. Presumably, he's out of commission unless he can break through walls created to withstand a nuclear blast.
Still no excuse. What if someone has a key that can open it somewhere? What if the Terminator decides to dig a hole to get out and complete his mission to get more of the metal? No matter how you look at it a fully functional sheltered/protected Terminator is a major loose end.

Last edited by Class316; 02-27-08 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-27-08, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I think the reason people are being so nitpicky about the dates is because it is a time travel show. In order to make sense of the plot, you constantly have to analyze the time frame in your brain, and when the times and dates don't match up it makes your brain hurt.
Old 02-27-08, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by jeffkjoe

Two questions:

1) Was Bruce Davidson a good substitute for Earl Boen in the role of Dr. Silberman?

and

2) At this point, do you consider the TV show or Terminator 3 as the TRUE follow-up to Terminator 2?
I like Davison, but I when they mentioned Silberman, I was hoping it would've been Earl.

As for the episode itself, I liked it. Probably because it had more of the only storyline that seems to be progressing at a steady pace (Agent Ellison). I still think "the Turk" is about as ridiculous a name as "Cromartie". Summer deserves props for not laughing hysterically when asking "Where's the TurK?" And speaking of Cromartie...where's he been? He hasn't been seen in what, 2-3 episodes?

Also, I know it was cut short because of the strike, but the "season finale" coming next week seems kinda...rushed?
Old 02-27-08, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Every time I hear them mention The Turk, I think of Turk, from Scrubs. 'Tis a ridicurous name, indeed.
Old 02-27-08, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia

Thats why I am enjoying it pretty much as an action show with some Terminator "lite" moments.
Old 02-27-08, 01:57 PM

Every time I hear them mention The Turk, I think of Turk, from Scrubs. 'Tis a ridicurous name, indeed.
Glad to See I'm not the only one.

Old 02-27-08, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

C'mon now, the Turk is obviously named after the chess playing automaton that was revealed to be a hoax -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Turk
Old 02-27-08, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by mugwump
C'mon now, the Turk is obviously named after the chess playing automaton that was revealed to be a hoax -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Turk
Yeah, I was gonna point out that it's not like the writers made up that name - it's well established in chess history.
Old 02-27-08, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Class316
But anyway, I still can't get over their "no loose ends" policy yet they left one fully functional Terminator safely locked up.
It would be criminally irresponsible for a writing staff not to leave SOME "loose ends" for future episode writers to deal with. It's not an immediate concern, but it (and other things) may well come into play in later seasons, if someone thinks up a good idea of what to do with it.

If Fox doesn't cancel the show, that is.
Old 02-27-08, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
That's not what they were talking about. They were referring to Reese not knowing that Kyle is John's dad.
Ahhhh okay. Thanks
Old 02-27-08, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 02-27-08, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think of this

Old 02-27-08, 03:41 PM

When I first heard that name introduced in the show, I thought of the character in The Godfather Virgil Sollozzo. The Turk was his nickname.
Old 02-27-08, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's funny. My attitude is usually the same as yours, but I don't know why I'm being such a nitpick when I've been so dismissive of other similar matters in the past.

I have a hard time dealing with changes to anything Batman, since Batman has been "my thing" since I was 6. Is Terminator your "Batman"? I could understand the nitpicking if that's the case.

That's not a contradiction. Did you have one teacher your entire life? Obi Wan could have been trained by Yoda as a Youngling.
Those weren't my complaints, just ones I've heard - sadly - far too many times. I usually just throw a picture of a woman on the ground and run away.

Originally Posted by VicVega
When I first heard that name introduced in the show, I thought of the character in The Godfather Virgil Sollozzo. The Turk was his nickname.
"I'm going to speak Italian to the robot now... okay?"

But I oscilate between this and Turkleton. So I either giggle or drop a Godfather line, depending on where my mind is whenever the computer is mentioned.

-Doc

Last edited by Doc MacGyver; 02-27-08 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-27-08, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by wergo
It would be criminally irresponsible for a writing staff not to leave SOME "loose ends" for future episode writers to deal with.
True, but it wasn't implied as something that would be revisited, like the hand or like Reese killing Andy. It's like, "he's locked problem solved goodbye"
Old 02-27-08, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by VicVega
Turkish from Snatch (Jason Stratham) immediately popped into mind when I heard of that character.
Old 02-27-08, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thinking the Terminator locked in the bomb shelter is powered down. His mission was to aquire the metal and store it then close the door and wait. His mission may not have reset back to the beginning to where he needed to get the metal once it was stolen. Once the doors shut he powered down like his last command told him and he is waiting.
Old 02-27-08, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Axeramm
Thinking the Terminator locked in the bomb shelter is powered down. His mission was to aquire the metal and store it then close the door and wait. His mission may not have reset back to the beginning to where he needed to get the metal once it was stolen. Once the doors shut he powered down like his last command told him and he is waiting.
I doubt that. His mission was to get metal and wait. He does not have the metal, so he will be trying to get out of the shelter. I'm sure he will pop up later. Even if he gets out quickly he likely won't pop back up again for a while, as his mission doesn't involve the main characters. He won't come looking for them he'll go looking for more of the metal.
Old 02-27-08, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just watched the episode -- I liked it. Bruce Davison seems to the king of reimagined scifi - Terminator, Knight Rider.
Old 02-27-08, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by chanster
Just watched the episode -- I liked it. Bruce Davison seems to the king of reimagined scifi - Terminator, Knight Rider.
He was also in one episode of Battlestar Galactica.
Old 02-28-08, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Decent episode, I can't believe it's over already.
I personally love Summer, I think she is super hot, and I think she has gotten comfortable in her role. I am not sure what people are expecting, she is basically playing a robot.....on that note, I wouldn't mind an hour long series of her dancing in HD I could watch that all day
Old 02-28-08, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Still no excuse. What if someone has a key that can open it somewhere? What if the Terminator decides to dig a hole to get out and complete his mission to get more of the metal? No matter how you look at it a fully functional sheltered/protected Terminator is a major loose end.
How is it going to dig a hole out of a nuclear blast shelter?

For all intents and purposes that Terminator is off the board.
Old 02-28-08, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not much to add that hasn't already been discussed. I am loving the show and can't believe it is already ending for the season. IMO, Summer is working well in her role.
Old 02-28-08, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mercury&Solace
on that note, I wouldn't mind an hour long series of her dancing in HD I could watch that all day
That would be a good extra when the series hits Blu-ray: The ability to put that scene on a loop.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.