TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites - 2/21/08

Old 02-21-08, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites - 2/21/08

Episode Title:
Spoiler:
I Should Be Carried on the Chariot-Type Thing!

Episode Description:
Spoiler:
The fans and favorites apply war paint and engage in a physical battle that requires them to tackle each other in the water to win a reward; Cirie is torn between two alliances and must decide which one to join; the third castaway is voted out of the game.
Old 02-21-08, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No poll?
Old 02-21-08, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
All I can say after tonight is...

DDAAAAYYYYUUUUMMMMM!!!!!!

It' gonna tense in that tribe for awhile.
Old 02-21-08, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I was begging the faves to go all Dolly on Cirie and bounce her ass out of there. Bah!
Old 02-21-08, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The Faves are pissing me off. Did an Urchin get that poverty in the face? That shit gets uglier and uglier.
Old 02-21-08, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I was begging the faves to go all Dolly on Cirie and bounce her ass out of there. Bah!
I didn't get that either. What was so special about Cirie that they needed to keep her?
Old 02-21-08, 08:54 PM

Cirie's got a special that Parvati and Amanda will never have no matter how hard they try.
Old 02-21-08, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cirie is a moron.
Old 02-21-08, 10:59 PM

I'm a fan of You but he had to go. Cirie had the power and it would have been idiotic for James and co. to vote for anyone but Yao.

Jonathan was pissing me off with his petty bickering. Cirie was right that the only reason Jonathan was mad was because she was a) not voting how he wanted her to and b) breaking his alliance.
Old 02-21-08, 11:13 PM

Why is Cirie a moron?
Old 02-22-08, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Even though I'm not a fan, I think Cirie made the right decision. Siding with the 2 couples, lets say that group makes Final 5. Ozzie and/or James in the finals would be a huge favorite over the seemingly coat-tail riding "girlfriends". But if Amanda, Parvati, and Cirie get together they can work it so they make final 3. And Cirie has a real good shot at winning.

The other option is Jonathan, Eliza, Amy, Yau-Man. Jonathan and Amy are both established schemers, and Yau-Man wouldn't be above scheming either. Cirie would never feel safe about how she stood with that group (certainly not safer than with the other 4).

I did see a problem with Cirie's game though. Her attitude looks to be pissing people off. Is getting rid of Yau-Man instead of Eliza at this point really worth all that attitude and friction? The favorites made the same mistake as the fans - in the early stages of the game, you want your tribe strong.
Old 02-22-08, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by brainee
Even though I'm not a fan, I think Cirie made the right decision.
Yep. She would've been the fifth one out of Jonathan's group. With the couples, that's a worst case scenario. Final three is a possibility. She also sided with manipulatable dummies rather than align with proven threats who would've controlled her fate.
Old 02-22-08, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Jonathon sounded like an idiot during TC.
Old 02-22-08, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
That would have been hilarious!

I'm pissed that they voted Yao off.
Old 02-22-08, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
I don't disagree with Cirie's decision on which 4-some to side with, but I was kind of hoping that the 8 others would say fuck it, let's just vote her instead. However, I'm not really sure why she was so intent on voting off Yau.

The challenges were really good. I was at the rugby where Eliza kept getting crushed and bonked on the head.
Old 02-22-08, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Cirie made the right decision, but she went about it the wrong way. Playing both sides like that and moronically insisting Yau-Man had to go sealed her fate. Now she has a huge target on her. She should have just sided with the couples and gone along with them to drop Eliza. The 5th wheel in a group of 2 twosomes is a great spot. Whether the two girls will want to split and run with her, or the two couples will stay together and fight for her, it's a good spot.

What's disappointing is that the favorites, who have already played this game once, still don't recognize the value of winning immunity. Everyone gets so caught up in who's a "threat" instead of just winning the damn immunity. Ozzy was the only one on that tribe with enough sense to point out that they needed to get rid of Eliza and stop losing challenges. What surprised me is that some combination of Jonathan, Ami, and Yau-Man didn't just say "fuck it" and vote Eliza with Ozzy and Amanda (and probably Parvatti and James) and then start working another angle. Their alliance was dead, and Jonathan's "strategy" at the end was a joke.

I love the challenges this season.

das
Old 02-22-08, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm still amazed that Jonathan sounds EXACTLY like Alan Alda.

Sorry to see the Yao go so soon, should have been Eliza or Cirie.
Old 02-22-08, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by das Monkey
What surprised me is that some combination of Jonathan, Ami, and Yau-Man didn't just say "fuck it" and vote Eliza with Ozzy and Amanda (and probably Parvatti and James) and then start working another angle. Their alliance was dead, and Jonathan's "strategy" at the end was a joke.

I love the challenges this season.

das

I was thinking that too. Just do a vote alliance this one vote and then regroup.
Old 02-22-08, 09:34 AM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think it would be dumb for anybody to go to the final 3 with Cirie. No doubt she would win it against Amanda & Parvati, or against anyone for the matter.
Old 02-22-08, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TwineTime
Why is Cirie a moron?
See das Monkey's post above.
Old 02-22-08, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by das Monkey
What surprised me is that some combination of Jonathan, Ami, and Yau-Man didn't just say "fuck it" and vote Eliza with Ozzy and Amanda (and probably Parvatti and James) and then start working another angle.
While this would have been great, I can't really see Ozzy or Amanda being able to get over the Survivor paranoia to do this. Jonathan, Ami and Yau-Man could say they were voting for Eliza then go with their 4 person block against Parvati and winning with a 4-3-2 vote. Even if Parvati and James voted Eliza it would be a 4-4-1 tie. Cirie was the most trustworthy option.

It would have been nice to see Yau-Man at least try to work that angle though.
Old 02-22-08, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts
Agreed that Cirie made the right choice in the wrong way.

I didn't expect Eliza to vote Yau though. Maybe she was looking for a way to get off the chopping block for a few more days.
Old 02-22-08, 01:39 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm thinking I'm not gonna like cirie at all in this show. I never saw her in her past season. I liked the 2nd challenge much more than the reward one. And was pleased the favourites won it.
Old 02-22-08, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by tommyp007
I'm still amazed that Jonathan sounds EXACTLY like Alan Alda.

Sorry to see the Yao go so soon, should have been Eliza or Cirie.
My wife walked in and said, Alan Alda's on Survivor?

Uncanny
Old 02-22-08, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
I was hoping that everyone on the Favs would have decided to all band together and vote out Cirie. That would have made the next tribal council very, very interesting.

It's weird that people on both teams are "playing the game" so soon. Usually at this point we just see the tribes voting out the weakest link.

Anyone notice that Amy voted for Cirie? That means there were only 3 votes for Pavarti. Which means that if the "couples" alliance decided to vote out Eliza and Cirie decided to stick with Yau then Eliza would have been the odd one out with 4 votes. Looks like Amy is playing her own game and not with either alliance.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.