DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Jericho---Season Premiere---"Reconstruction"---2/12/08--Tuesday 10pm (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/524939-jericho-season-premiere-reconstruction-2-12-08-tuesday-10pm.html)

DJariya 02-11-08 02:14 PM

Jericho---Season Premiere---"Reconstruction"---2/12/08--Tuesday 10pm
 
<a href="http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n104/djariya/?action=view&current=JerichoCast.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n104/djariya/JerichoCast.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>


Since Jericho has been off the air for over 9 months, I thought I would get a head start starting this thread. Remember it's on tomorrow at 10pm after Big Brother.

Synopsis:

Spoiler:


As the second season begins, a new government steps in and restores order, but tensions between Jericho and New Bern continue unabated and Jake will not rest until he kills Constantino. Meanwhile, Hawkins fears his nemesis is still hunting him. Beck: Esai Morales. New Bern Gunman: Matthew Taylor.


kakihara1 02-11-08 02:43 PM

That picture is hilarious.

:banana: Glad to have Jericho back!!!

wetsprockets 02-11-08 02:49 PM

It's been awhile and maybe that's just an old picture, but isn't
Spoiler:
Heather dead?

kakihara1 02-11-08 02:57 PM


Originally Posted by wetsprockets
It's been awhile and maybe that's just an old picture, but isn't
Spoiler:
Heather dead?

Spoiler:
No dude she's alive and well. In the last episode of season one we see her on that military base, I believe she's the reason the choppers come at the end of the episode

Red Dog 02-11-08 03:15 PM

That may be the dumbest picture I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of dumb ones in these episode threads. :lol:

DVD Josh 02-11-08 03:22 PM


Originally Posted by kakihara1
That picture is hilarious.

Oh Universal, where have I seen that picture before...


http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n104/djariya/FNL.jpg

Looks like the same woods!!

Red Dog 02-11-08 03:29 PM

At least in the FNL one, half of them aren't staring into space.

kakihara1 02-11-08 03:29 PM

Shit at least the people in the FNL picture aren't going for the lamest album cover of all time. :)

wetsprockets 02-11-08 03:55 PM


Originally Posted by kakihara1
Spoiler:
No dude she's alive and well. In the last episode of season one we see her on that military base, I believe she's the reason the choppers come at the end of the episode

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. :lol: Thanks. It's been too long.

mwbmis 02-11-08 04:04 PM

I think it's just kind of odd that more than half the cast isn't even in the photo (seriously, where's the bearded Peyton Manning), but Sprague Grayden is, especially after they pissed on her character from about the halfway point of season one. I liked her (honestly, more than any of the other female cast members), but it still surprises me that they're bringing her back.

And if you're just cherry picking cast members for the photo then why is Dale there (especially if Skylar isn't)?

Hope they can keep the positive momentum from the second half of last season.

kvrdave 02-11-08 04:10 PM

10 pm? They really don't want this to do well. :lol: Just for that, I'll DVR.

Quatermass 02-11-08 04:44 PM

I was hoping they'd have a refresher episode, but I guess not. I'll have to make do with the "previously on Jericho" bit at the beginning. Are there only going to be a few more episodes? I seem to remember reading that CBS ordered 8 more or something and that would be all.
I'm a little sorry to see this episode is called "Reconstruction". Honestly, I was hoping there'd be some more inter-town battles. I don't really care about Skeet's relationships. Still, I'll probably watch however many more episodes there are.

Oh, and that Jericho photo is unbelievably cheesy. :lol:

Rockmjd23 02-11-08 04:47 PM

They should just do "Previously on Jericho" and show the mushroom cloud and that's it.

DJariya 02-11-08 06:30 PM

It's only 7 episodes. If they manage to do well, CBS will order a 3rd season.

kakihara1 02-11-08 06:40 PM


Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
They should just do "Previously on Jericho" and show the mushroom cloud and that's it.

rotfl

I hate to be a drag but I still think this second season is going to be a joke. Not that the show won't be good but how much chance do we really give a third season? Considering the first season was 22 episodes it's kinda fucked up that they would have a seven episode second season but still consider ordering a full third season. All I know is when this second season hits the shelves it better be cheap as shit.

DJariya 02-11-08 06:43 PM

Hmmmm, let's see what is Jericho competing against tomorrow at 10pm

ABC: Boston Legal (new episode)
NBC: Law and Order SVU (repeat)
The CW: Local News
FOX: Local News
PBS: The Mormons Part 2

I think the premiere will do very well.

Geofferson 02-11-08 10:13 PM

Just read the EW review of Jericho's return -- while not glowing I'm psyched that it is back.

DJariya 02-11-08 11:54 PM


Originally Posted by kakihara1
rotfl

I hate to be a drag but I still think this second season is going to be a joke. Not that the show won't be good but how much chance do we really give a third season? Considering the first season was 22 episodes it's kinda fucked up that they would have a seven episode second season but still consider ordering a full third season. All I know is when this second season hits the shelves it better be cheap as shit.

The reason season 2 is only 7 episodes is because it was ordered after CBS presented their 2007-08 lineup and they could only fit in as a midseason replacement. Most midseason replacement shows have short seasons anywhere from 13 episodes to 7 episodes as with Jericho because their launch dates are uncertain. Remember Grey's Anatomy only started with 9 episodes in season 1 as a midseason replacement. Hey at least we're getting roughly 2 months worth of this show which is better than nothing.

argh923 02-12-08 02:49 AM


Originally Posted by mwbmis
I think it's just kind of odd that more than half the cast isn't even in the photo (seriously, where's the bearded Peyton Manning), but Sprague Grayden is, especially after they pissed on her character from about the halfway point of season one. I liked her (honestly, more than any of the other female cast members), but it still surprises me that they're bringing her back.

And if you're just cherry picking cast members for the photo then why is Dale there (especially if Skylar isn't)?

Hope they can keep the positive momentum from the second half of last season.

That's a photo from last season.

DJariya 02-12-08 02:59 AM

Yes, that's a promotional photo from season 1. I haven't seen any season 2 photos yet. I chose that one because those cast members are still on the show.

argh923 02-12-08 03:09 AM


Originally Posted by DJariya
Yes, that's a promotional photo from season 1. I haven't seen any season 2 photos yet. I chose that one because those cast members are still on the show.

Although...
Spoiler:
Dale doesn't show up until the third episode

Jimmy James 02-12-08 06:19 AM


Originally Posted by DJariya
Hmmmm, let's see what is Jericho competing against tomorrow at 10pm

ABC: Boston Legal (new episode)
NBC: Law and Order SVU (repeat)
The CW: Local News
FOX: Local News
PBS: The Mormons Part 2

I think the premiere will do very well.

I smell a third place finish, and I'm sorry to say it.

Dmacsg1 02-12-08 07:49 AM

Just a reminder to anyone near the Charlotte NC area Jericho will be shown in it's entirety AFTER the UNC vs. Virginia basketball game so pad your DVR's.

Take care all!!

Mopower 02-12-08 08:14 AM

The first 3 second season episodes are awesome. Almost a totally different show. Almost. There are a few cheesy spots but the plot is moving a long nicely.

Lone Wolf 02-12-08 09:31 AM


Originally Posted by Quatermass
I was hoping they'd have a refresher episode, but I guess not. I'll have to make do with the "previously on Jericho" bit at the beginning. Are there only going to be a few more episodes? I seem to remember reading that CBS ordered 8 more or something and that would be all.

They've been showing the first season on Sci Fi. My wife was watching it yesterday.

Dan1boy 02-12-08 11:55 AM

finally...really looking forward to it and I hope all the old fans tune in and keep it on the air...or at least buy the DVD box set

Mysteryfan 02-12-08 01:25 PM


Originally Posted by DJariya
The reason season 2 is only 7 episodes is because it was ordered after CBS presented their 2007-08 lineup and they could only fit in as a midseason replacement. Most midseason replacement shows have short seasons anywhere from 13 episodes to 7 episodes as with Jericho because their launch dates are uncertain. Remember Grey's Anatomy only started with 9 episodes in season 1 as a midseason replacement. Hey at least we're getting roughly 2 months worth of this show which is better than nothing.

I thought the whole reason for the short 2nd season was to appease the NUTS campaign fans and wrap up the storylines. Then, if this wrap up does well, they will extend it to a 3rd season.

Septemberbaby 02-12-08 02:35 PM


Originally Posted by Dmacsg1
Just a reminder to anyone near the Charlotte NC area Jericho will be shown in it's entirety AFTER the UNC vs. Virginia basketball game so pad your DVR's.

Take care all!!


Thanks Neighbor! I would have been ticked if I only got half of it.

DJariya 02-12-08 02:44 PM


Originally Posted by Mysteryfan
I thought the whole reason for the short 2nd season was to appease the NUTS campaign fans and wrap up the storylines. Then, if this wrap up does well, they will extend it to a 3rd season.

Yes that is true, but they ordered so few episodes because they were only able to fit it in the schedule as a midseason replacement which pretty much prohibited it from getting a full season.

Renee 02-12-08 07:40 PM

I downloaded the Season 1 finale for free from Amazon Unbox and just finished the refresher course. Can't wait until 10pm!

Bill Geiger 02-12-08 09:53 PM

Looks like this episode is NOT the one I previewed back in October in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand. I can only assume it is one of the later episodes.

I say this because there is no
Spoiler:
Ravenwood and the new President didn't come to Jericho in this episode either.


This explains everything now (Hawkins friend) as to why in the episode I watched I didn't know who the hell he was!

Jimmy James 02-12-08 10:02 PM

I hope we're not headed for 6 episodes that deal heavily with some sort of government conspiracy. That has to be a big part of what they deal with, I guess. I just want to make sure it's balanced out with other stories so we're not just thrown right into X-Files/24 type territory.

alfredog1976 02-13-08 01:17 AM

I liked the nuts shown at the hospital :)

argh923 02-13-08 03:11 AM


Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
Looks like this episode is NOT the one I previewed back in October in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand. I can only assume it is one of the later episodes.

I say this because there is no
Spoiler:
Ravenwood and the new President didn't come to Jericho in this episode either.


This explains everything now (Hawkins friend) as to why in the episode I watched I didn't know who the hell he was!

That is Episode #

Spoiler:
2

Bandoman 02-13-08 05:45 AM

I liked this ep, no whiny teenagers. Esai Morales is a good addition to the cast.

Red Dog 02-13-08 07:51 AM


Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I hope we're not headed for 6 episodes that deal heavily with some sort of government conspiracy. That has to be a big part of what they deal with, I guess. I just want to make sure it's balanced out with other stories so we're not just thrown right into X-Files/24 type territory.


I feel exactly the opposite. Since they completely went away from the post-apocolyptic aspects of nuclear war, the government conspiracy (and Hawkins involvement) is the only interesting part of this show.

Cardiff Giant11 02-13-08 08:18 AM


Originally Posted by Red Dog
I feel exactly the opposite. Since they completely went away from the post-apocolyptic aspects of nuclear war, the government conspiracy (and Hawkins involvement) is the only interesting part of this show.

Agreed, we need to know who did it and why.

orangerory 02-13-08 08:24 AM

Ehh - I liked it. Glad it's back. Didn't blow me away. Thought the acting was a bit weak and the story line was a bit awkward - especially at the beginning.

Anyway, I'm psyched to see the new episodes but I didn't find it as strong as the last couple of episodes from last season.

Cardiff Giant11 02-13-08 09:45 AM


Originally Posted by orangerory
Ehh - I liked it. Glad it's back. Didn't blow me away. Thought the acting was a bit weak and the story line was a bit awkward - especially at the beginning.

Anyway, I'm psyched to see the new episodes but I didn't find it as strong as the last couple of episodes from last season.

That was pretty much my reaction, good but not great. Was more of a setup episode I guess.

Pointyskull 02-13-08 10:19 AM

I liked it. The new storyline has some potential, so I'm in...

Wonder why Sprague Grayden was listed as "special guest star"


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.