Reload this Page >

Jericho---Season Premiere---"Reconstruction"---2/12/08--Tuesday 10pm

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jericho---Season Premiere---"Reconstruction"---2/12/08--Tuesday 10pm

Old 02-13-08, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 151 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
To me, Jericho is about the town of Jericho, not government conspiracy theories. Unless that conspiracy theory is resolved in Jericho or actually involved more residents of Jericho than Hawkins, I'm not a fan of taking the show that way. They should have shown us more of what happened between the federal government, New Bern, and Jericho and given us flashes of the government paranoia thing.

That would be all well and good if they had chosen to ever go in the direction of a town being isolated and having to deal with the horrors of the aftermath of nuclear war. For some reason, they never gave us that - it was totally watered down to the point of absurdity (like an afterschool special). As such, I just don't care about the town and the soap operaish stories. The government conspiracy is the only plotline that has any substance.
Old 02-13-08, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
That would be all well and good if they had chosen to ever go in the direction of a town being isolated and having to deal with the horrors of the aftermath of nuclear war. For some reason, they never gave us that - it was totally watered down to the point of absurdity (like an afterschool special). As such, I just don't care about the town and the soap operaish stories. The government conspiracy is the only plotline that has any substance.
I agree. The "bake sale" episodes were almost unwatchable. We had many people on this board just watching to see what would happen in the five minutes of time the show gave Hawkins.

As the season went I thought the show was significantly improved as it moved past or at least diminished some of the lame in-town stories. I think the show would even be better if we don't see the likes of Mrs. Green, Dale, and Skylar (no matter how cute she is) all this year.
Old 02-13-08, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May I suggest this may be in large part exactly why the show is in the state it's in. Clearly, people felt strongly about seeing the show continue. Those people appear to be in the minority (I don't count myself among them because while I really liked season 1, I watched it on Universal HD). If the show can't effectively define itself, that's a pretty big reason why the casual viewer may have abandoned it.
Old 02-14-08, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is just a combination of Bonanza and Combat, but not succeeding at either.

I don't know what to say about the season premiere. Without people to care about, there isn't any reason for the conflict.

Do you really care if any of these characters die?

I keep thinking to myself, that all their problems would be solved if Hawkins would just set off the nuke.
Old 02-14-08, 10:14 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I DVRed this episode, having never seen the show last season. How difficult would it be for me to follow this ep with no knowledge of season 1?
Old 02-14-08, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,014 Likes on 757 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG
I DVRed this episode, having never seen the show last season. How difficult would it be for me to follow this ep with no knowledge of season 1?
You have to watch season 1. There is so much character back story, especially with Hawkins and Jake that you need to learn about. The show is extremely serialized and episode 22 from last season ended on a cliffhanger.
Old 02-14-08, 02:13 PM

I guess I'm in the minority in thinking this season is shaping up to be way better than the last (if 7 eps can be considered a season). I think adding the conspiracy theory in there only hightend the drama of the show and I think the new tension between two of the characters is great. In the sea of mindless reality TV that's forced upon us now, this show is a gem.
Old 02-14-08, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
We watched it this morning (a 2 hour weather delay for schools), and really liked it.
Old 02-15-08, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
decent return.

but also wanted to comment that I've started watching Psych over the past few months, and it's funny to see constantino now, knowing it's the same guy that plays Lassiter on psych. I keep expecting someone to run in and steal the crime-solving glory from him.