DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles--2 Night Premiere--1/13-1/14 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/522418-terminator-sarah-connor-chronicles-2-night-premiere-1-13-1-14-a.html)

DJariya 01-12-08 01:50 PM

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles--2 Night Premiere--1/13-1/14

Starts tomorrow. It's only 9 episodes due to the infamous WGA strike. I've already seen the early pilot, but I'm looking forward to watching it again on TV.

Starring:

Lena Headey as Sarah Connor
Thomas Dekker as John Connor
Summer Glau as "Cameron"

Synopsis for Pilot:

Spoiler:

Debut: The sci-fi drama, based on the "Terminator" movies, follows a fugitive mother and son on the run from cyborgs sent from the future. First up: Sarah (Lena Headey) and John (Thomas Dekker) pack up and move to a new town. Meanwhile, a Terminator is alerted to their movement and sent to assassinate John. Little do they know that another cyborg (Summer Glau) has been sent to protect John and ensure his eventual leadership of the revolution.

Synopsis for Episode 2 "Gnothi Seauton"

Spoiler:

Sarah attempts to acquire new fake identities for herself and John. An old friend offers to help by putting her in touch with his nephew, a gang member. Meanwhile, John grows restless and sneaks out of the house to track down Charley Dixon (Dean Winters).

Draven 01-12-08 01:52 PM

I really enjoyed the pilot, but I'm curious how they are going to change it in light of the
Spoiler:
school shooting
stuff at the beginning. Which is a shame, because I thought that was actually handled pretty well and was a powerful setting to kick off the show.

critterdvd 01-12-08 02:19 PM

I loved the pilot! Was much better than I had expected (which was complete cheese)! I cannot wait to watch the next episodes, especially with the strike its nice to know there are somethings still on the air.

DJariya 01-12-08 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by critterdvd
I loved the pilot! Was much better than I had expected (which was complete cheese)! I cannot wait to watch the next episodes, especially with the strike its nice to know there are somethings still on the air.

You may actually want to try watching the pilot again. I watched a little bit of the preview Yahoo showed last week and there were some changes.

MANBREASTS 01-12-08 06:54 PM

I cannot wait for this show!

tylergfoster 01-12-08 09:26 PM

Is this really that good? I don't like Lena Headey, in the ads the guy playing John looks sorta dopey and overall I am bothered by the fact that the show totally ignores continuity with the third movie, where John says things were quiet since the end of Terminator 2.

Still, I like the franchise and I can't help but be mildly interested. Maybe.

CKMorpheus 01-12-08 09:42 PM

I was surprised how good it was... There's a little cheese here and there but its entertaining.

Vipper II 01-12-08 09:44 PM

Hopefully they've fixed the massive continuity error/plot hole.

Vipper, what in the hell are you talking about?

Spoiler:
In the pilot, which takes place in 1999, Sarah says that two years ago is when they told Miles Dyson what he was going to do; however, the events of Terminator 2 took place in 1995, not 1997.

My only other complaints were the dialog and the acting - they were both pretty weak. Summer Glau as a terminator? [Gob] Come on! [/Gob] The show has such potential, and I'd hate to see it turn into another Bionic Woman.

DJariya 01-12-08 10:13 PM

Droidguy: If you don't like Lena Headey, then don't waste your time. She's the star of the show and is in almost every scene.

Personally I actually like her as Sarah. I thought the pilot was solid.

tylergfoster 01-12-08 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Droidguy: If you don't like Lena Headey, then don't waste your time. She's the star of the show and is in almost every scene.

Personally I actually like her as Sarah. I thought the pilot was solid.

Yeah...she bugs me. Also, I hated that she said in EW that she hadn't and wouldn't watch the movies so she could play the character the way she wanted. Come on, really?

Cardiff Giant11 01-13-08 08:40 AM

I've been looking forward to this, can't wait!

Vipper II 01-13-08 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
Yeah...she bugs me. Also, I hated that she said in EW that she hadn't and wouldn't watch the movies so she could play the character the way she wanted. Come on, really?

Despite having not seen the movies, she came pretty damn close to the character. The only problem is that I can see her act growing tiresome very quickly if they don't branch her out a bit. I don't want to see her constantly reminding John how important he is and how they're never safe. There's no reason to think the writers will do that, but then again there's no reason to think they won't.

Goat3001 01-13-08 11:22 AM

I'm going into this one with low expectations. I love the Terminator series so I have to give it a chance. It will probably be good enough for me to continue DVRing it since there is nothing else new to watch anymore.

marty888 01-13-08 04:34 PM

I'll definitely be on board for this. (It had a very favorable review in Saturday's NY Times.)

Deftones 01-13-08 05:29 PM

I'm stoked. The fact that there isn't much new TV, and no 24 this year gives me more anticipation for it.

GuessWho 01-13-08 06:13 PM

How did some of you see the pilot already?

Deftones 01-13-08 06:17 PM

IIRC, the pilot was on Yahoo or something a while ago.

j123vt_99 01-13-08 07:05 PM

Pretty graphic opening for a time slot normally reserved for a cartoon.

Rockmjd23 01-13-08 07:06 PM

Sarah Conner would never love another man after Reese. I call bullshit on this entire show.;)

crazyboy_al8 01-13-08 07:16 PM

Not too bad so far. Lena Headey is doing pretty good and the kid playing John looks alot like Nick Stahl.

j123vt_99 01-13-08 07:23 PM

FOX really knows how to edit out a hot issue like a school shooting

redrum 01-13-08 07:24 PM

class dismissed

Rockmjd23 01-13-08 07:25 PM

Yeah, there's no way they would let any innocent students die in that scene.

DJariya 01-13-08 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
Sarah Conner would never love another man after Reese. I call bullshit on this entire show.;)

That's a bunch of baloney. A young vibrant and attractive woman like Sarah is not going to become celebate the rest of her life because of a man she essentially had a 1 night stand with over 15 years ago.

Rockmjd23 01-13-08 07:46 PM

Hence the ;)