Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles--2 Night Premiere--1/13-1/14

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-08, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by abrg923
Obviously. But traveling to 2007, combined with the fact that John thought that his mother blowing up Cyberdyne ended everything (mentioned in T3) makes it clear that T3 is being ignored in this version.
Maybe its the Cyberdyne in this TV show that gets blown up, leading him to believe that.
Old 01-13-08, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I thought this one hour episode was better than T3 so Im in... Which it being on Fox means it will be cancelled, but Ill take what I can get.
Old 01-13-08, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I liked it. It wasn't great - and my greatest issues aren't with the liberties it takes with Terminator cannon (as that clearly ends with T2 in my mind). My greatest issue is with the liberties with time travel they took....they made it too easy to fit into each time they get into a tough spot.

Not only that, but jumping into your timeline? Or am I watching too much Doctor Who right now to have that bother me?
Old 01-13-08, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One other thing about T3 not existing in this version...from Wikipedia:

Josh Friedman, producer of the 2008 Fox Broadcasting television series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which takes place after Terminator 2: Judgment Day, stated in an interview that the events of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines occur in an alternate timeline from that of the TV series.[9]
Old 01-13-08, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice episode, I'll be watching the second half of the pilot tomorrow.

And of course Tuesday is the first episode of American Idol '08!
Old 01-13-08, 10:17 PM

I thought the first episode rocked. I mean hot chicks fighting with big guns, time travel, and general bad-assery equates to an entertaining hour in my book.

I like that they're ignoring the dreck that was T3. This could potentially go in all sorts of interesting ways. I'm excited for the next episode after Prison Break tomorrow night.
Old 01-13-08, 10:17 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I liked it I can't wait till tomorrows episode.
Old 01-13-08, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Prison break and terminator on the same night has me looking forward to monday nights again
Old 01-13-08, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wasn't bad.
Old 01-13-08, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Originally Posted by orderandlaw
I thought the first episode rocked. I mean hot chicks fighting with big guns, time travel, and general bad-assery equates to an entertaining hour in my book.

I like that they're ignoring the dreck that was T3. This could potentially go in all sorts of interesting ways. I'm excited for the next episode after Prison Break tomorrow night.
Agreed.....mostly

I had real low expectations coming and I enjoyed it mostly. Yes the acting is bad, the dialog equally as bad, but was enjoyable. The action sequences were decent....special effects I was impressed with for TV, looks like they spent a few bucks. I am not totally sold on Lena Heady, she is hot and the flavor of the moment (300) and all, but I don't know if she can carry this show. Summer, I love Summer no matter what, and will watch her sit and read a damn phone book for an hour if I could. She gives me the hawt

As the above posters mentioned, its nice to have something new, I am sticking with it for now.

Is it just going to be them running every episode? If so, that shit will get old quick.
I truly hope this is not the case, otherwise this show will get tired real quick, then again, what else are they going to be doing?

One last note, FOX you still suck, I am still pissed over you canceling Drive, so bit my ass.
Old 01-13-08, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with the posters who said the acting was subpar. I know it's Terminator and not Shakespeare, but good performances will trump everything else no matter what it is.
Old 01-13-08, 11:58 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
For television? That was excellent!

I'll take The Sarah Connor Chronicles as a sequel to T2 over Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines any day.
Old 01-14-08, 12:19 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
This is Fox...its recorded...should I watch it or wait for it to be canceled?
Old 01-14-08, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Can 3 beings time jump in the same bubble though?
3 beings? Like 3 guys? NO! Errr but when two of them are hot chicks? I see no problem with it at all!

as for the show, I really like it, more then I thought I would.. Cheesy sort of show and clearly cost toned down level of action for a tv budget but that's ok. I'm not really sure how they can find store lines that move past just being chased over and over but guess we wait and see.

my only issue is that Summer Glau is tooooo cute to just walk around with zero smile and that sort of strange no arm moving terminator walk. It would work with a more sultry looking woman but for Summer it almost seems like she was just thumped on the head and is a little out of it.

but bottom line, I'll keep watching.. Errrr not really much of anything else on..
Old 01-14-08, 12:28 AM

I never bothered to see T3, so this seemed like a smooth continuation of the movies to me (though low budget).
Old 01-14-08, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Was Dean Winters in the "leaked" pilot?
Old 01-14-08, 03:16 AM
Banned

Tried it but gave up about 2/3 of the way through. Didn't think the acting was any worse than most similar shows (24, etc.) but thought there wasn't anything original about the show. If it develops into something of a cult classic by finding its own identity (the way that Buffy on tv transcended & far surpassed the original one-note movie), then can always come back. But have far too many better things to watch on DVD.

While watching, it dawned upon me that the appeal of the original Terminators was Arnold, ripped Linda Hamilton, and the incredible stunts & special effects in T2. Aside from those elements, which require a massive budget, even the original films were little more than shallow chase stories with lots of exploding things (although I liked the improvement from T1 to T2 with Arnold returning as a 'good guy'). However, even with the aforementioned elements, T3 was hard to watch.

I simply can't see how the tv series can hope to compete with the originals (and we weren't THAT big a fan of the originals) unless somebody can come up with some really clever dialogue & interesting plots. The one-liners ('Class dismissed') aren't going to do it for us nor will the MTV-video style editing of the action scenes (the opening shootout made me reach for Tylenol). Won't rule out the possibility that the show could improve drastically but going to put this one to the test of time.
Old 01-14-08, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It felt like a rehash of what we've already seen. And, as others have noted, the acting and the dialog were a little corny. Still, I liked it. Appreciated the strong ties to T2. Don't mind a story that deviates from the events of T3, which looked more like a Sci-Fi Channel movie than a big screen epic. (Didn't dislike T3, just thought it paled compared to its predecessor.)

Anyone want to bet that John Connor and his lovely protector will have some sort of romantic turn at some point? She's already said she's "different."

Will definitely continue with the show.

--THX
Old 01-14-08, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
I thought this pilot improved alot from the leaked version last summer. I liked that they recasted Sarah's fiancee with Dean Winters (the guy looked like Rob Estes twin brother) and I liked some of the added/replaced scenes. I did like Sarah's line..."Go get the guns and I'll make pancakes."

I also liked the added scene with John chatting with Cameron and offering her a chip, which wasn't in the leaked version.

Since there will be no 24 this year, this will definitely be a good filler for my Monday's along with Prison Break.
Old 01-14-08, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Was Dean Winters in the "leaked" pilot?
No, Tim Guinee played Sarah's fiancee in the orginal pilot.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0347375/

I thought it was a smart move to re-cast him with Dean Winters.
Old 01-14-08, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
This is Fox...its recorded...should I watch it or wait for it to be canceled?
Yes, watch it. After tomorrow's episode there will only be 7 more episodes left. I guarantee this will not get canned like Drive last year.
Old 01-14-08, 04:11 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I think it would of been awesome if in the beginning dream sequence when you saw the first terminator come walking up toward the cop's that it would have been Roland Kickinger playing him. It would have been a great nod toward Arnold.
Old 01-14-08, 04:14 AM
Banned

I thought this was an excellent pilot so far. I have the early version which I've been tempted to watch but I wanted to see it in HD for the first time so I waited.

I guess the new model of terminator that Summer is can 'act' more human because she was a regular teenager when we first meet her then she turns into bad hot actor mode. Not complaining just saying.

I don't have any problems with the timelines or whether this season's plot exactly matches the movies or if all the actors are the same. You have to accept the show as it is and either enjoy it or not.

BTW, I'm apparently one of the few fans of T3. Not really understanding all the bashing of it here. I missed it in the theaters and bought the dvd blind and popped it in one day and was blown away. A really fantastic film. Great performances. Really good story. Loved the ending. Of course, the stunts and effects are amazing as well.
Old 01-14-08, 06:00 AM

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by CertifiedTHX
Anyone want to bet that John Connor and his lovely protector will have some sort of romantic turn at some point? She's already said she's "different."
I'm very worried about that, and I will drop the show like a bad habit if it happens.
Old 01-14-08, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i liked it....will keep watching

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.