Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

MTV'S "Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Gauntlet III returns Wed Jan 23rd at 10PM

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

MTV'S "Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Gauntlet III returns Wed Jan 23rd at 10PM

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-08, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
No--she began in the "Fresh Meat" season of RW/RR Challenge
Old 02-07-08, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So, they have contestants that were never on the RW or RR?
Old 02-07-08, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
So, they have contestants that were never on the RW or RR?
When they virtually discontinued Road Rules they decided to hold a challenge with a bunch of "new people" who were then teamed in pairs with veterans. There are several "Fresh Meat" alums in this current challenge. Evan was paired with Coral; Diem was with Derek. I believe Eric (the big guy) teamed with Katie. Kenny was with that bitch Tina, and Casey was paired with Wes.

It was right after the Austin season, and the cast was loaded with four Austin members so the other vets teamed up to try to get rid of them. The end gauntlet like task was to run this endurance race carrying an equal amount of weight to what you packed for the show. Some of the girls packed around 200lbs.

While Casey truly sucked in a lot of the competitions she only packed like 67lbs, so Wes was able to carry her bags and yell at her to run. Wes was so unpopular (and Casey sucked so badly at the regular challenges) that they ended going to virtually every end race. In the end they came in third, and Casey bought breast implants with her winnings.

Last edited by mwbmis; 02-07-08 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-07-08, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for the recap. I sort of quit watching the RW: Austin season, so when they showed up on the RW/RR:Gauntlet, I tuned out of that season as well, so I was fuzzy on the newbies.

I miss RR, though.
Old 02-07-08, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
Thanks for the recap. I sort of quit watching the RW: Austin season, so when they showed up on the RW/RR:Gauntlet, I tuned out of that season as well, so I was fuzzy on the newbies.

I miss RR, though.
What was funny about that season is that only the two teams that were up for elimination were allowed to go to the final challenge, so for the longest time since Wes and Casey were the only ones who ever came back they were the only ones who knew what it was (they made up stories about what they had to do). Btw, Evelyn was also a Fresh Meat, but I think she and (Danny?) were eliminated first.

Honestly, I think both RW and RR have run their course. Sydney was the first RW season that I've watched since San Diego.
Old 02-07-08, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Isn't the new RW is being shot in Hollywood CA right now?

Last edited by Giantrobo; 02-07-08 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-07-08, 06:36 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 109 Likes on 98 Posts
Yes..

details / pics here.

http://vevmo.com/f56/real-world-holl...lete-cast-891/
Old 02-07-08, 06:58 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 109 Likes on 98 Posts
actually having read some more, looks like its done filming, was done in Decmebr
Old 02-07-08, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Ok thanks for the info BDB.
Old 02-07-08, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hate how this show does challenges. They could really learn something from Survivor by sitting out a certain number of contestants to make the teams even. Of course the Rookies would win the maze challenge having four fewer people, and of course the Vets will win challenges that favor the power of having numbers.

I know it isn't that serious, but this just seems like a no brainer. Show is still fun though, and with DVR can be watched in 30 minutes!
Old 02-08-08, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by boredsilly
I know it isn't that serious, but this just seems like a no brainer. Show is still fun though, and with DVR can be watched in 30 minutes!
You can also slo mo nekkid Casey.
Old 02-14-08, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, 2 whatever eliminations. I think Janelle was on Key West, but I have no idea who Zach was.

Honestly, I thought Frank had a good point about Jillian and the Gauntlet. It really wasn't fair.

I love poor, adorable, useless Casey.
Old 02-14-08, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anybody know the name of the song in the opening credits?

-NiCK
Old 02-14-08, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Well, 2 whatever eliminations. I think Janelle was on Key West, but I have no idea who Zach was.

Honestly, I thought Frank had a good point about Jillian and the Gauntlet. It really wasn't fair.

I love poor, adorable, useless Casey.
Zach was on RW Key West too.
Old 02-14-08, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Frank is such a nerd Bitch. I swear he's acting like Jillian is his 1st piece of ass.
Old 02-14-08, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Frank is such a nerd Bitch. I swear he's acting like Jillian is his 1st piece of ass.
In Frank's defense, he really did like her, and supposedly they are still together. Also, as someone who watched the Vegas reunion last summer I can testify that it wasn't in fact Frank's first "piece of ass".
Old 02-14-08, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

In Frank's defense, he really did like her, and supposedly they are still together. Also, as someone who watched the Vegas reunion last summer I can testify that it wasn't in fact Frank's first "piece of ass".
Sooo what. I saw that special too and that's why i said He's "ACTING" like she is. Coral pointed it out a while back when she said how annoying the couples can get on these challenges.
Old 02-14-08, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Sooo what. I saw that special too and that's why i said He's "ACTING" like she is. Coral pointed it out a while back when she said how annoying the couples can get on these challenges.
I do think he was a little too obnoxious about it (or at least he was in the edit), but I still think he had a point about it not being fair that she had to go to three straight gauntlets. That being said these shows aren't about what's fair so he just needed to get over it.

Of course, then the guys sent him to the Gauntlet so now he and Jillian are 5-0.
Old 02-14-08, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I do think he was a little too obnoxious about it (or at least he was in the edit), but I still think he had a point about it not being fair that she had to go to three straight gauntlets. That being said these shows aren't about what's fair so he just needed to get over it.

Of course, then the guys sent him to the Gauntlet so now he and Jillian are 5-0.

Fair enough. I guess that's kinda what I was getting at. At first it was cute and he made a valid point, but then it was like, "Dude STF up!" Even MJ said as much.

BTW, didn't she make some kinda deal? Didn't one of the other girl's mentioned that Jill was able to choose based on some deal and that she agreed to be put in?
Old 02-15-08, 12:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No need to pay.

NSFW (Robin, Katie, and Jenna Lewis from Survivor in outtakes from Beth's reality calendar shoot)

http://www.celebri-net.com/serendipi....html#extended
Nice link. Robin is indeed awesome.

Anyway, this seasons had its ups and downs, but it has been enjoyable at least.
Old 02-15-08, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

anyone figure out the name of that song?

-NiCK
Old 02-15-08, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think its dumb how this show keeps inviting the same people back. Like its no big deal if you dont win this year, you will get at least 5 more chances.
Old 02-15-08, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart
I think its dumb how this show keeps inviting the same people back. Like its no big deal if you dont win this year, you will get at least 5 more chances.
I think they get who they can get. I'm sure they'd love to have someone like Mike back, but he's a little busy right now. And you always have to have at least one of the attention whores to maximize drama. Plus, it's always good to have some audience favorites.
Old 02-15-08, 03:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank God, Janelle was eliminated. If ever I wanted to punch a woman in the face it would be her. She thinks she is better than everybody by the way she talks and her facial expressions. And the thing is, she can't back it up at all.

I've despised her since Key West.

Chris
Old 02-15-08, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Thank God, Janelle was eliminated. If ever I wanted to punch a woman in the face it would be her. She thinks she is better than everybody by the way she talks and her facial expressions. And the thing is, she can't back it up at all.

I've despised her since Key West.

Chris

yeah she wears the stupid "Diva" flag and thinks she's "all that" but as far as Challenges, she's not that big a deal. Rachel (RW Houston/Iraq Hot) also thinks she's some kind of Ubber Warrior Girl who kicks ass just because she was in the Military yet she's no big deal.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 02-15-08 at 07:12 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.