Old 08-04-08, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts
Mark = Mole
Old 08-05-08, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by boc4ever
I'm sticking with Mark, because by accepting the dossier, he took $75,000 out of the pot and didn't seem all that concerned.
Whether he is the mole or not, you have to take the dossier. The mole isn't going to take the cash, so by taking the cash, you tell the other non-mole for sure who the mole is.
Old 08-05-08, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
BTW, ABC.com's Mole Journal says that the Mole's life goal is to run his/her own business. Craig said he wants the money so that he can start his own business.
Old 08-05-08, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I had written off Nicole as being the Mole from the get-go because she stuck out like a sore thumb, right to the end. Loafing around and not finishing her task on the final challenge seemed like another one of those instances. It's just another clumsy ruse (like the supposed self-elimination), way too Mole-ish.

Mark always struck me as being too smart and competitive and not low key enough -- especially with all the money he's put into the pot. So what if he forfeited adding $75,000? It's a small price to pay to get some insurance and the $420,000 prize.

Craig is still Craig, so I'm sticking with him.
Old 08-05-08, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's the secret message I heard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohLBJ5MevzI
Old 08-05-08, 10:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WARNING! The spoiler text contains what I consider definitive proof of the identity of the Mole. You've been warned.

Spoiler:
In the first part of tonight's episode, during the bomb mission, Craig is talking about the suitcase blowing up. Then they cut to commercial, and while the Mole logo is on you hear a short garbled sound. On any other show, its an audio miscue but this being the Mole, I (and many others judging by the abc.com boards) immediately recognized it as a clue.

I took the audio, reversed it, slowed it down and came up with this.

http://www.mediafire.com/?txdpynaemmk

I took me awhile to figure out the whole message but you can hear Craig's name clearly. After a few dozen repeats, I figured out that the message is

"Craig buried Paul" - a reference to the Beatles and the fact that Paul was executed in the previous episode.

Of course I could have read through the abc site and found that out but where's the fun in that!

Craig is the Mole
Old 08-06-08, 04:39 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm guessing the dossier was a complete list of who did what for each of those questions, meaning for questions like 'What color shirt was the Mole wearing in the third challenge?', the dossier would tell you that Craig's was black, Nicole's was yellow, etc. You'd still have to decide who the Mole was on your own, but at least you wouldn't have to remember the specific details as well. Just a theory.
Old 08-07-08, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by starseed
I think Craig and Mark will walk away with the money - one of them being the Mole and one of them being the winner.
I really hope you are right. Though I picked Mark right from the credits, I don't care if I'm right or not, I just want Craig and Mark to be the last two. They both seem to be stand-up guys and I'd be happy with either of them winning and the other being the Mole.
Old 08-07-08, 05:47 PM

Notice the lettering on the wall behind Mark during the All for One mission:

Old 08-11-08, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mark is the winner. Called that. He was too detailed and money obsessed to not be the winner.
Old 08-11-08, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And Craig the Mole. So obvious.

I am THRILLED that that bitch Nicole is walking away with nothing. And glad Mark won, he deserved it.
Old 08-12-08, 09:12 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The main reason I thought Nicole was the Mole was that they let the death threat go. People have been cut from other reality shows for a lot less (BB 2 for example). But if they cut the Mole, it would have screwed up the whole season. Now that the truth is out, I have to wonder why they let her get away with that.

What I'm really wondering: what would have happened if nobody took the bribe money the week Ali went home. Did they have a whole episodes worth of games ready to go?
Old 08-13-08, 09:57 AM

One question for everyone, and sorry if this is already explained (I didn't read the entire thread)...
Is the Mole (criag) an actor? We started watching the Mole this year for the first time, and enjoyed it, but that was one thing we were always wondering. How does the Mole get paid?
Thanks-
Old 08-13-08, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by kramdenfan
One question for everyone, and sorry if this is already explained (I didn't read the entire thread)...
Is the Mole (criag) an actor? We started watching the Mole this year for the first time, and enjoyed it, but that was one thing we were always wondering. How does the Mole get paid?
Thanks-
The Mole is just a regular person who is chosen from among the thousands of applicants who want to participate in The Mole. The producers are looking for someone who has the personality to play The Mole.

I thought this was an enjoyable season and I'm sad that it won't be coming back (less than 3M viewers)

Chris
Old 08-13-08, 01:04 PM

Thanks for the info, MrPayroll!
Old 08-13-08, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
I thought this was an enjoyable season and I'm sad that it won't be coming back (less than 3M viewers)

Chris
Is this verified or just speculation? I'm not trying to be rude, but if they did another celebrity version they may be able to bring the numbers up. It would be a shame if they bailed on it because I really think this is one of the better "reality show" concepts. The problem could be the oversaturation of reality programming over the last six months due to the writers' strike. The long term fans don't seem to be embracing the new host and it is hard to gain new viewers during the summer who view it as just another show. Just my two cents.
Old 08-14-08, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by boc4ever
Is this verified or just speculation? I'm not trying to be rude, but if they did another celebrity version they may be able to bring the numbers up. It would be a shame if they bailed on it because I really think this is one of the better "reality show" concepts. The problem could be the oversaturation of reality programming over the last six months due to the writers' strike. The long term fans don't seem to be embracing the new host and it is hard to gain new viewers during the summer who view it as just another show. Just my two cents.
It's speculation of course and we won't know until next year. But, I don't see ABC producing a show that only gets around 3M viewers during the summer. They could double up on Wipeout and spend a lot less money doing it.

Chris