Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"The Mole" returning to ABC

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-08, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I am starting to think it is Paul. Instead of being someone who acts suspicious, he just acts like a jackass, and everyone assumes that is just him being himself. He created his persona to make everyone think he isn't all that smart so that when he screws up, the others just write it off as him being not as sharp as the others. Perhaps it is all a put on and part of his plan in keeping attention off of himself. If so, brilliant.
Old 07-22-08, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz
I am starting to think it is Paul. Instead of being someone who acts suspicious, he just acts like a jackass, and everyone assumes that is just him being himself. He created his persona to make everyone think he isn't all that smart so that when he screws up, the others just write it off as him being not as sharp as the others. Perhaps it is all a put on and part of his plan in keeping attention off of himself. If so, brilliant.
I agree, his persona masks what he is really thinking and doing. He would be, and could be, a good mole.

As to it being Mark, he is a teacher, and I think that there is enough to explain him knowing the answers in the vineyard challenge, they really were not that hard. He has been known as "moleish" but I still have yet to convince myself he is the mole, and just a diligent person. However upon re-watching the premiere from the site I noticed in the intro they show every single person in the a van except Mark. Odd.
Old 07-23-08, 09:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did anyone else catch this...

Spoiler:
One of the questions for the quiz asked "how many players picked the mole as the person they trust most".

The only players that were selected were Mark, Clay, and Nicole. Then Clay was executed. Now only leaving Mark and Nicole for being the Mole, according to the question.

For a while I have suspected Mark but he could have thrown these last few challenges. So I'm thinking it's Nicole but I don't want it to be her.
Old 07-23-08, 09:43 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
orderandlaw, wasn't "None" an option on that quiz question?
Old 07-23-08, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
orderandlaw, wasn't "None" an option on that quiz question?
Question 5 was, "Who did the Mole pick as their most trusted player?" and the options were Clay, Mark, and Nicole. Question 6 was, "How many players picked the Mole as their most trusted player?" and the options were zero, one, and two. I think orderandlaw just conflated the two questions.
Old 07-23-08, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by HealthiestHeart
I'm picking Clay as the Mole.

that would be incorrect
Old 07-28-08, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, it isn't Paul.

I'm certainly shocked. Now my thoughts are on Mark, with Craig a close second...

I just hate Nicole, so I hope she loses. I can't stand the thought of her winning or her being the mole.

Last edited by pridesticks06; 07-29-08 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-28-08, 11:44 PM

If Mark is the Mole, than he's done a terrible job as he's put much more money IN the pot than he's taken out.

Before the show I was leaning towards Nicole with Craig as my second choice. Considering that Paul was voting for Craig, I'm even more confident that DAME NICOLE = AN ICED MOLE!
Old 07-29-08, 12:26 AM

I think Craig and Mark will walk away with the money - one of them being the Mole and one of them being the winner. If Craig is the Mole (as I suspect), Nicole has no chance of winning up against Mark - he's insane at writing down and recalling information. If Mark is the Mole, Nicole stands a better a chance at beating Craig in the quiz. At this point in the game, however, everyone knows who the Mole is - I even think Paul knew; he just scored the lowest on the quiz.
Old 07-29-08, 12:44 AM

If Mark is the Mole, than he's done a terrible job as he's put much more money IN the pot than he's taken out.

Before the show I was leaning towards Nicole with Craig as my second choice. Considering that Paul was voting for Craig, I'm even more confident that DAME NICOLE = AN ICED MOLE!
Maybe it is Nicole, for didn't Clay say he was tageting Craig and he was eliminated and the same happened with Paul tonight. On the other Mark told Clay a couple weeks ago that he had targeted Nicole, so perhaps he is the one who is on to the Mole. It just cant be Mark, because like you said he put so much money into the pot.
Old 07-29-08, 05:16 AM

I think Craig is the Mole and Mark will probably win.
Old 07-29-08, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
That was crappy paintball gun he had. If he had one with decent power, they wouldn't have had a chance and he would have picked them off easily.
Old 07-29-08, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by starseed
At this point in the game, however, everyone knows who the Mole is - I even think Paul knew; he just scored the lowest on the quiz.
You raise a good point. I keep thinking that everybody can remember the small details because they show it on the screen for us the viewers. But yeah, it's very much possible to know exactly who the Mole is but blow the quiz because you can't remember if he wore a hat or not in the second challenge.
Old 07-29-08, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My top choice for the Mole for the last weeks has been Craig. My second choice is Nicole.

So, of course, the last three are Mark, Craig, and Nicole. I'd like to see Nicole win or be the Mole -- she was the most entertaining for me.

If by some weird chance Mark is the Mole, then he should have his money taken away as he put way too much money in the pot. I hope he doesn't win as he played the game like "I must win" instead of messing with people.

Last edited by nightwing82; 07-29-08 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-29-08, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 578 Likes on 417 Posts
Originally Posted by pridesticks06
Well,

Spoiler:
It isn't Paul.

I'm certainly shocked. Now my thoughts are on Mark, with Craig a close second...

I just hate Nicole, so I hope she loses.
that's a really effective spoiler.
Old 07-29-08, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LurkerDan
that's a really effective spoiler.
Wow, I didn't see that at all. I guess I should actually look at my post after I post it so that I can have more effective spoilers. Though it's kind of uselsss....

*double checks this post*

*goes to edit other post*
Old 07-29-08, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You raise a good point. I keep thinking that everybody can remember the small details because they show it on the screen for us the viewers. But yeah, it's very much possible to know exactly who the Mole is but blow the quiz because you can't remember if he wore a hat or not in the second challenge.
That's a very good point, and if anybody can't remember where the mole was standing, what they were wearing, etc. it'd be Paul
Old 07-29-08, 09:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pridesticks06
Wow, I didn't see that at all. I guess I should actually look at my post after I post it so that I can have more effective spoilers. Though it's kind of uselsss....

*double checks this post*

*goes to edit other post*
Once the show has aired, you do not need to put something like that in spoilers. If anyone comes into this thread before it airs in their timezone, then they will have to pay the price of finding out beforehand.

Chris
Old 08-04-08, 09:10 PM

Okay, I think that I heard a garbled message just before the first commercial break. Did anybody else?
Old 08-04-08, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Aegean2007
Okay, I think that I heard a garbled message just before the first commercial break. Did anybody else?
I heard "I'm going to get you"
Old 08-04-08, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't hear anything, but I think Craig is the Mole. That first challenge was a lot easier than they led on. And did anyone see how worried Craig was when Mark was looking at the dossier?
Old 08-04-08, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm going with Craig also. What happened to all the red-faced huffing and puffing???
Old 08-04-08, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm sticking with Mark, because by accepting the dossier, he took $75,000 out of the pot and didn't seem all that concerned. If someone is trying to win as much money as possible, they aren't going to sacrifice that for the "possibility" of information.
Old 08-04-08, 10:23 PM

When Mark was reading the Mole's Dossier, you could make out what was written at the top of one of the pages as he was stacking them together, due to the sunlight. It said "NICOLE."
Old 08-04-08, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by starseed
When Mark was reading the Mole's Dossier, you could make out what was written at the top of one of the pages as he was stacking them together, due to the sunlight. It said "NICOLE."
I bet there was a page in it on each person, he just lifted hers first.

And yes, how all of the sudden can Craig run blocks, nay, miles all over the city? Mole.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.