Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"The Mole" returning to ABC

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-08, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first mission was very good, even though I don't like them using exemptions as motivation for everything.

I wish it would have been Clay, or Mark, or Paul instead of Kristen.
Old 07-01-08, 08:33 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Nicole is the Mole, I'm sure of it now. Think about it -- six players left, six letters in her name.

But the real indicator is through anagrams. Rearranging the letters, and considering how the show has gone out its way to show her freezing and cold (for example, last night and when she was camping on the beach in the first episode) -- not to mention her chilly personality you get DAME NICOLE = AN ICED MOLE.
Old 07-01-08, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Why design challenges in which no one wants to take part in? They should penalize players by deducting money from the pot for each person that refuses to participate. Make it a lose-lose scenario -- at least gaining no money is better than losing it.

I had been focusing on Alex as the Mole because he seems rather unobtrusive and laid back, especially under tense situations. Some of the others just have had too much attitude, making it a little too obvious. Craig is also suspect. His health issues gave him a free pass a couple times (after all, they need him in the game).
Old 07-01-08, 12:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Groucho
Nicole is the Mole, I'm sure of it now. Think about it -- six players left, six letters in her name.

But the real indicator is through anagrams. Rearranging the letters, and considering how the show has gone out its way to show her freezing and cold (for example, last night and when she was camping on the beach in the first episode) -- not to mention her chilly personality you get DAME NICOLE = AN ICED MOLE.
Too much time on your hands!

Chris
Old 07-01-08, 05:49 PM

I just remembered this commercial which aired in promotion of the season premiere, in which three players are shown saying some variation of the phrase, "I'm not the Mole," followed by the announcer saying, "Too bad one of them is lying" (0:26 - 0:31).

Spoiler:
The three players shown saying the phrase, in order, were Craig, Ali and Paul. Ali was bribed. If the implication of the commercial was that one of those three IS the Mole, that means that either Craig or Paul is the Mole.
Old 07-02-08, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts
maybe, could also be just a generic "one of them is lying" refrring to everyone on the show and saying that right after those three players is a red herring.

so were are the expert mole watchers and their expert mole guesses, besides
all the joke guesses everyone is posting.
Old 07-02-08, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Still sticking with Clay.
Old 07-07-08, 11:39 AM

Has the Mole been cancelled? I don't see it on ABC's schedule this week...
Old 07-07-08, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by potvin48
Has the Mole been cancelled? I don't see it on ABC's schedule this week...
I believe it has been pre-empted for The Bachelorette season finale tonight. Next week there is a The Mole recap show, followed by a new episode.

Chris
Old 07-07-08, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
I believe it has been pre-empted for The Bachelorette season finale tonight. Next week there is a The Mole recap show, followed by a new episode.

Chris
Thanks for the info. I was a bit concerned they pulled the plug myself.
Old 07-07-08, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by boc4ever
Thanks for the info. I was a bit concerned they pulled the plug myself.
Well, we should all be concerned since it's averaging less than 5M viewers per week, I believe.

But I hope they complete this edition. But I wouldn't hold my breath for any more seasons in the future!

Chris
Old 07-08-08, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Well, we should all be concerned since it's averaging less than 5M viewers per week, I believe.

But I hope they complete this edition. But I wouldn't hold my breath for any more seasons in the future!

Chris
That would be a shame. I think it is a great concept but the host's interaction with the contestants seems very unnatural. Anderson Cooper had a very subtle and intriguing approach to his role in the game.
Old 07-09-08, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,177 Likes on 4,206 Posts
Yeah, but I don't think he's coming back. Call it a hunch.
Old 07-12-08, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
Yeah, but I don't think he's coming back. Call it a hunch.
I realize that, I was trying to say that if the show doesn't come back, part of the reason is that it is hard to live up to Cooper's approach to the program. Rashad on the celebrity versions wasn't intriguing either, but at least they had some creative individuals that were striving to showcase their talents. Without celebrities or Cooper as host, we are left with a bunch of moderately interesting people, and a host that doesn't add anything to the game.
Old 07-19-08, 12:36 AM

Just got done watching the latest epiode. Wow, going into the execution I had a feeling they were going to mix things up and have the first one displayed be red, but when Alex went first I started to think that maybe they wouldn't, since I had thought he was going to survive this round with perhaps either Paul, Craig or Nicole being eliminated. With Alex out of the picutre, it pretty much confirms to me who is the mole
Spoiler:
Clay

My prediction on is who is going to win: Mark. The dude takes meticulous notes and he knows who is the Mole.
Old 07-20-08, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just finished watching it as well after being gone a week, and I think this might be my favorite episode of the season thus far. I was surprised Alex was out too, though signs did point towards it, looking back.

If Mark isn't the mole (if he is, he sucks at it and trys to win too much money lol) then he will probably win, the guy writes everything down.

Last edited by pridesticks06; 07-21-08 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-20-08, 07:13 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I would be very surprised if Mark was the Mole. He single-handedly won that challenge in the vineyard.
Old 07-21-08, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
I would be very surprised if Mark was the Mole. He single-handedly won that challenge in the vineyard.
I'm picking Clay as the Mole.
Old 07-21-08, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by HealthiestHeart
I'm picking Clay as the Mole.
I was almost convinced it was Clay, but not now. I think the tie was with Mark and Clay, they both take a long time, and they both seemed to think alike.

Oh, and I really hate Nicole/Omarosa. Anyone could see right through that lie that she was going to throw the quiz and go home. Ridiculous.
Old 07-21-08, 11:33 PM

Holy cow, I was totally wrong in going with Clay as the Mole, but my reasoning was dumb to begin with: racial diversity in choosing the next mole.

But now that Clay is gone, I am not sure on who is the Mole, except maybe that it's not Mark. I don't think it's Nicole either, since it seemed that both Mark and Clay were targeting her as the Mole and with Clay being executed, that should rule her out then.

I think one could also eliminate Craig as being the Mole, for I dont see how the producers could risk picking him due to the health issues concerning his weight.

So that leaves Paul, and if turns out to be him, I would be totally shocked because I never once suspected him. But the thing about Paul is that he can be downright mean at times, so that would be a first for someone who is the mole.

I am so confused
Old 07-21-08, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
If Nicole actually attempted to do a self-elimination, she probably chose all the answers relating to herself...as did Clay (hence the tie). I never thought he was the Mole, but he seemed smart enough get into the final round.

Alex was my first choice, but he's gone. Paul would indeed be an interesting Mole since his attitude and performance gave me the impression he would have been executed a lot sooner. He's either smarter than people realize, or something else...

I'm still eyeing Craig for now. It was his earlier health issues that made me think a few challenges had to be tweaked to accommodate him.
Old 07-22-08, 12:09 AM

I'm still sticking by my first choice of Mark.

In the first episode I saw, I think it was the second one of the season, there was a challenge involving a soccer game. The way they were asked to break into groups made it seem obvious that a person with a soccer background should choose a certain team and he opted for the other. Ever since then I've had my eye on him.

He's even suspicious in the vineyard challenge. If you've watched previous seasons the producers are always helping the mole, and sometimes they want the mole to help the group win some money. He knew every answer to the questions, granted they weren't difficult questions but he always had the right answer when Craig and Nicole were stuck.
Old 07-22-08, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by monkyskunk

I am so confused
Ditto.
Old 07-22-08, 03:42 AM

anyone else figure out if there was some sort of sequence in the numbers they had to collect? clay came up with the right answer but i didnt understand his reasoning. i know they added 144 and 89 to get 233 but he mentioned something about 55 being 13 away from 68 and that where he lost me.
Old 07-22-08, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by CrashNBurn69
anyone else figure out if there was some sort of sequence in the numbers they had to collect? clay came up with the right answer but i didnt understand his reasoning. i know they added 144 and 89 to get 233 but he mentioned something about 55 being 13 away from 68 and that where he lost me.
The numbers were the Fibonacci sequence: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibonacci_number

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.